Healthy People Are Faking Disabilities To Get A Service Dog

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: Healthy People Are Faking Disabilities To Get A Service

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:08 pm

OK, this story is freaking me out! Spirit airlines told this woman that she couldn't bring her emotional support hamster on a flight. They suggested that she flush the animal down the toilet. Here's the really horrifying part - she did it and is now crying foul. I think any and all sympathy I might have had went RIGHT out the window when she flushed her hamster down the toilet. I'd fucking WALK to Florida before doing a thing like that!

Another version of the story.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 pm

The details of this story seem suspect. Here are my thoughts:

Yes, the company screwed up by telling her she could bring it. They should have either made an exception or figured out some other way to fix the problem (putting her up in a hotel for the night until a rental car became available, or refunding her money and helping secure a flight with another airline).

I sincerely doubt they told her to flush the animal down the toilet.

I find it odd that she considers this an emotional support animal, requiring some kind of emotional bond, yet still flushed it down the toilet. That doesn't jive in my book. Even if for some reason the airline told her to flush it, she didn't have to do it. She could have it free.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby DamianaRaven » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:11 pm

That was my thought. Obviously, you wouldn't want to take it outside in the cold weather and just turn it loose in a parking lot, but why not put it down on the bathroom floor and walk away. Like you, I'm smelling bullshit all over this situation. Here's my theory - she's a spoiled, selfish little cunt who's accustomed to manipulating everyone into giving in to her demands, hence seizing upon the notion that "emotional support" means "I get to fly with my pet just because I want to." When denied her way, she decided (after "agonizing for hours") that there was No. Other. Way. to handle this situation besides flushing a helpless mammal down the nearest shitter.

Assuming there was ever even a hamster at all, she is at best a complete and utter MORON who really couldn't think of any other option... in an airport surrounded by THOUSANDS of people. At worst, she's a sociopathic monster who decided that if she couldn't keep Pebbles, none of these other losers were going to get to enjoy her pet. Considering the way she's playing the victim now, I'm inclined to believe it was the latter. "You made me mad enough to destroy one of my own belongings - you owe me!"

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Previous