Cracked fires its full time contributors?

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: Cracked fires its full time contributors?

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:09 pm

I realized Wong wasn't as in charge as he acts like when the comment section failed to disappear. I was definitely baffled when John Cheese was fired also, but then I realized this whole situation is completely out of Wong's hands.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 pm

I did Crack once.

Oh wait. We're talking about the website.

Also...

It's clear to me what should happen next. Wong should quit and start coaching the Chicago Bulls. He clearly has his basketball shit together better than they do.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby LegionofShrooms » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 am

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about that. Perhaps Paragin is further up shit creek than even the current situation has let on.

AboveGL wrote:*Reads Wong's post*

*Let's out an exasperated sigh*

The sad thing is, he does have some actual talent as a writer in my opinion...

When he sticks solely to fiction and comedy. The problem is that he's largely succumb to what I call "The McFarlane Effect", where he lets a bit of success get to his head and gets so far up his own ass preaching his personal views that he refuses to even consider the possibility of outside feedback or show any self restraint.

I'm currently on the fence about buying his last book in the John Dies series. On the one hand, I genuinely enjoy his writing style when he's not preaching at or talking down to me. On the other hand, I really don't care to support the sanctimonious little prick, particularly with his recent words and actions.

Tell your momma, tell your poppa, tell your sisters and your brothers, tell your lovers, tell your children, tell your dominatrix:

The Writing Workshop is where all the cool kids hang out.
LegionofShrooms
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Mastermind of Fungi Based Evil

Postby 52xMax » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 am

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Jason Pargin ruined David Wong.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Marcuse » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:30 pm

I was watching a Warriors/Hornets game last night and I had a similar thought - the Hornets needed to make the ball go through the hoop more, and to stop the Warriors from making the ball go through their hoop as much. It's sad that that never occurred to them, as a professional basketball team that does nothing but think of that all day and all night every day of the year, whose entire livelihood involves making balls go through hoops. It's so weird that I, a novice fan sitting at home, can plainly see that they just need to make the ball go through the hoop more than the other team, and that these professionals couldn't do it.

If only they'd listened to me.

You know what? When your business decisions, and that of your superiors have caused the firing of nearly all your best talent en masse amid the overvaluation of your company to the tune of $35.7 million I don't think it's time for you to start criticising others for not knowing what they're doing.

Here's the thing, the most apt comparison here isn't two equally matched sports teams. You're the Empire of Trebizond, basking in the name of Rome while sending your daughters to be married off to Turkish Sultans in exchange for protection. You're paying ruinous tributes to your allies and enemies alike, which hinder your ability to carry out the thing which will make you not have to rely on them.

It's bizarre and petulant that someone who has presided over such an enormous business fuckup can complain so bitterly about being criticised. Try not fucking up then, then you can tell people their criticisms are unfounded and have some reasonable reason to think so.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Qinglong » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Wong has a point, though. None of us are managing large comedy websites. If only there was someone who had actual experience running a successful comedy website. I wonder what they would say.

for those who do not see embedded tweets
jack-twitter.png
jack-twitter.png (83.69 KiB) Viewed 7297 times

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 pm

52xMax wrote:I've said it before, I'll say it again: Jason Pargin ruined David Wong.

I second this. I've spoken at great length about the striking contrast between the genius writer that is David Wong and the petulant douchecanoe behind the talent.

EDIT: I've noticed they're putting out fewer articles and videos in favor of Photoplasty and Pictofacts. This is already starting to screw up their site.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Paradox » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:
52xMax wrote:I've said it before, I'll say it again: Jason Pargin ruined David Wong.

I second this. I've spoken at great length about the striking contrast between the genius writer that is David Wong and the petulant douchecanoe behind the talent.

EDIT: I've noticed they're putting out fewer articles and videos in favor of Photoplasty and Pictofacts. This is already starting to screw up their site.

About that…

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby archaeologydalek » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:53 am

REDACTED

Last edited by archaeologydalek on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 am

*mumbles absently* fewer

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:03 am

Cracked makes me feel like a fewer man.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby archaeologydalek » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm

REDACTED

Last edited by archaeologydalek on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:35 pm

archaeologydalek wrote:There's a feweron to be learned here: I need to hire Damiana to proofread my posts.

Heh. Bfewer you.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby Anglerphobe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 pm

These trite jokes are shamefewer.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby blehblah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:48 pm

wong in pwot wrote:I was watching a Warriors/Hornets game last night and I had a similar thought - the Hornets needed to make the ball go through the hoop more, and to stop the Warriors from making the ball go through their hoop as much. It's sad that that never occurred to them, as a professional basketball team that does nothing but think of that all day and all night every day of the year, whose entire livelihood involves making balls go through hoops. It's so weird that I, a novice fan sitting at home, can plainly see that they just need to make the ball go through the hoop more than the other team, and that these professionals couldn't do it.

If only they'd listened to me.

That's that, that, that.

Who, I ask, will edit the editors, when all the editors are gone?

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

PreviousNext