Cracked fires its full time contributors?

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: Cracked fires its full time contributors?

Postby Windy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:10 am

Oh no, first Gamergate kills Gawker, now they're coming after Cracked

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby archaeologydalek » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 pm

REDACTED

Last edited by archaeologydalek on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Windy wrote:Oh no, first Gamergate kills Gawker, now they're coming after Cracked

I don't get it. Didn't gawker get got because of hulk hogan? Did the little gamer boys do anything other than comment on youtube?

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Windy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:30 am

No gamergate murdered gawker in their sleep. It's also responsible for donald trump's presidency.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby archaeologydalek » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:41 pm

REDACTED

Last edited by archaeologydalek on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:25 pm

archaeologydalek wrote:BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby 52xMax » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Is there a point to the mockery, or you guys can't tell Windy is trolling and you're falling for it?

Also, how is this in any way related to the subject? I'm not a mod, but can we keep this on track, please?

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby SandTea » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:11 pm

52xMax wrote:Is there a point to the mockery

Well, yes. There's always a reason. While simple mockery is fun, it also makes the point of relaying disapproval. While that may be his wish, the truthfulness of his incorrectness should not be ignored.

or you guys can't tell Windy is trolling and you're falling for it?

I've always been conflicted about this type of claim. Am I supposed to ignore or give a pass to statements that are dumb? Should I just passively accept the embodiments' of youtube comments without disagreement? Many think I should so, OK, such is life..

Since we have been declared to be off topic, who is everyone's new favorite writer? Although it's an older (but like only from april) story, I really like Mags Storeys' article that was reposted today. I look forward to more of her stuff.

SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:29 pm

Of course it's sarcasm. We all know that gamergaters are too young to vote.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:04 am

I feel like "Gamergate killed Cracked" is sarcasm. If it's not sarcasm it's a nonsense statement. Either way it's probably not worth tearing the thread up over.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:53 pm

I'll always be grateful to Cracked for giving me a laugh at a time I really needed it and for givng me the chance to write. It changed the direction of my life.

It saddens me to see that Cracked let so many great brains go, but hopefully people as talented as DOB and Michael Swaim will land on their feet in the end. I also hope that since at least some of the site's talent survived the purge that the site will be able to manage in its altered state. For those of you who remain, I wish you the best. As an old friend once said, when life gives you lemons, smile and fuck it back.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby archaeologydalek » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:40 pm

REDACTED

archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:15 am

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Windy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm

archaeologydalek wrote:They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed in frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

Shouldn't you be looking for a new job? :|

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby archaeologydalek » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm

REDACTED

archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

PreviousNext