Facts that will ruin your life

Polls everywhere, but not a single dancer. Intelligence optional.

Re: Facts that will ruin your life

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:Why does it matter if Miley Cyrus is alive by the time I die? Unless I'm named in her will, I couldn't give a fuck which of us croaks first.

Benchmarking purposes. Mostly. Can a younger and wealthier person outlive you is the basic question, she's just the example.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:14 am

Anglerphobe wrote:Why does it matter if Miley Cyrus is alive by the time I die? Unless I'm named in her will, I couldn't give a fuck which of us croaks first.

I'd assume to twerk on her grave?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Malfeasinator » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:24 pm

At some long but finite amount of time from now, the Universe will be cold and dark and dead, and there will be no memory anywhere of anything that was ever alive.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby Pedgerow » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:08 pm

That's the argument I always use when people me to stop farting on the bus.This fleeting blink is all anyone has, so we must use it as we will, without fear of consequences, because there will come a time where nobody cares any more where I farted. Ppppt.

We are coming up to the chronological moment where Woodstock was closer to World War I than the present day. I just tried to work out the dates and I think it'll be next year, but it'll be horrible when it happens.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby cmsellers » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:10 am

Honestly, I sort of intuitively divide history into "I remember it," "I've met people who remember it," "I've met people who've met people who remember it," and "ancient history."

I've met WWII veterans, and met people who met WWI veterans, but I've never met anyone who went to Woodstock, which makes it ancient history in my book.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:24 pm

I've been to Woodstock. Place is boring as could be. Absolutely nothing going on. Drug fueled hedonism set to incredible music? You're better off making that happen on your own where you live.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Pedgerow » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:15 pm

cmsellers wrote:Honestly, I sort of intuitively divide history into "I remember it," "I've met people who remember it," "I've met people who've met people who remember it," and "ancient history."

I was wondering whether or not to use the Moon landing instead (both were in the- goddamn you, Bryan Adams- summer of 1969) but I thought Woodstock had more of a modern feeling to it. This might be because as the footage famously shows, the Moon is in black and white.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:52 pm

cmsellers wrote:Honestly, I sort of intuitively divide history into "I remember it," "I've met people who remember it," "I've met people who've met people who remember it," and "ancient history."

I've met WWII veterans, and met people who met WWI veterans, but I've never met anyone who went to Woodstock, which makes it ancient history in my book.

My high school freshman year English teacher went to Woodstock. Supposedly he has (or had back in 2005) the ticket he bought for it sitting in a safe deposit box. As I recall, he said he’d be willing to sell it for $100k.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Previous