Politicians say the darndest things

Polls everywhere, but not a single dancer. Intelligence optional.

Re: Politicians say the darndest things

Postby sunglasses » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:01 pm

iMURDAu wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rand-paul-vaccines-lead-mental-disorders/story?id=28675890

"“I’ve heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines" - Rand Paul

I've heard that the moon landing was a hoax, 9/11 was an inside job, smoking doesn't cause cancer, and that there's a shadow Nazi lizard government running the country from underneath the Denver International Airport. I mean, I've heard those things so ya know. They're all true.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:03 am

Then I see a good example of "It sounded good in my head" with this.

Basically a Senator believes its a waste of government regulation for the health department to require businesses to post hand washing signs in the bathroom. But not because he's against basic hygiene.

“I said that I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says, ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom.’ The market will take care of that”

So instead of the wasteful "you must wash your hands" sign, he wants there to be a (wasteful?) sign that the business does not require hand washing. Take that over-regulation! That'll shut down the red tape machine? Then again he says he never said those things and a blogger who had no sense of humor misquoted him. Personally I think he's trolling us.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 am

"Having sex with an unconscious person should not be considered rape."- Rep Brian Greene (R-Utah)

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:12 am

I see someone has been sleeping with unconscious people again.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:51 pm

“Obviously rape is awful, but what is beautiful is the child is that could come from this.”-Delegate Brian Kurcaba (R-WV)

............Is there something about Republican politicians named Brian we should know about?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:52 pm

"Calling blacks violent and lazy isn’t racist, it’s just ‘a way of talking’"- Rep. Gene Alday (R-Mississippi)

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby IceBreaker14 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:22 am

"Since the passage of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act, the nation has been beset by serious storms and floods. One recent one caused the worst flooding for 60 years. The Christmas floods were the worst for 127 years. Is this just global warming or is there something more serious at work?" - David Silvester, UKIP councillor for Henley-on-Thames

"I rather often wonder if we shot one “poofter” (GLBT whatevers), whether the next 99 would decide on balance, that they weren’t after-all? We might then conclude that it’s not a matter of genetics, but rather more of education ;)” - John Lyndon Sullivan, UKIP councillor for Gloucestershire (on Facebook)

Nick Griffin (leader of a right-wing party in the UK) once said "This nonsense about gas chambers is exposed as a total lie" and “The ‘extermination’ tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lies and latter witch-hysteria.” while talking about the Holocaust.

He also hates Islam - “That’s the way this wicked vicious faith has expanded from a handful of cranky lunatics about thirteen hundred years ago till it’s now sweeping country after country before it all over the world”

An ex-candidate for the BNP also wrote - “I’ve never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the feminazi myth machine into believing that rape is such a serious crime… Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal. To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence, is a serious crime is like suggesting force feeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence.”

Luckily, even the BNP couldn't handle that much crazy and he was dismissed.

Last edited by IceBreaker14 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceBreaker14
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:56 pm

So US politicians *don't* have a monopoly on crazy? Good to know...

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:01 pm

IceBreaker14 wrote:
An ex-candidate for UKIP also wrote - “I’ve never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the feminazi myth machine into believing that rape is such a serious crime… Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal. To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence, is a serious crime is like suggesting force feeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence.”

His name wasn't Brian was it?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Andropov4 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Nah, I'm betting on Chad. That's such a Chad thing to say, really.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby cmsellers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:04 pm

I love Dan Quayle's quotes. He's a master of stating the obvious, while his misstatements make the mundane quotable.

• "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
  • "We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."
  • "Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame."
  • "Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
  • "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
  • "It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."
  • "The future will be better tomorrow."
  • "I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."
  • "I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

Also, three of his quotes indicate that he's a time-traveling spaceman:

• "Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."
  • "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
  • "I didn't live in this century."

David Wong wrote:7. "But this is the last non-terrible forum on the internet! The rest are full of trolls and Nazis!"

That's just not true at all.
cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Well, we could be all day with Quayle's quotes:

• "Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
  • "We have a firm commitment to NATO; we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe; we are a part of Europe."
  • "What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or to not have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
There was also the full quote from where "I didn't live in this century" came from: "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

Buuut he apparently did not say "I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with these people." That was just a joke made about him which everybody eventually attributed to him actually saying that (a similar situation to Sarah Palin and "I can see Russia from my house").

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Wait. Sarah Palin can't see Russia from her house? I, I, I don't know who I am anymore if that's true. Up is down, left is right, cats are dogs, and my name could be Brian!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby IceBreaker14 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Andropov4 wrote:Nah, I'm betting on Chad. That's such a Chad thing to say, really.

His name is Nick Eriksen and he has plenty of crazy to go around. In the same interview he also said on rape, "A woman would be more inconvenienced by having her handbag snatched." and "The demonisation of rape is all part of the feminazi desire to obtain power and mastery over men. Men who go along with the rape myth are either morons or traitors."

He also said in a different interview that mothers "should never go out to work" and said that women with jobs were "unnatural and vile, it is a strange kind of woman who would want to invest [her] energies into her job rather than into a man."

BNP brainwash kids as well. In the run-up to last year's European Elections they released this video as BNP youth propaganda. You might think this is a minority but probably one in three people I know have similar views to this, that migrants and homosexuals cause all our problems. Before the European Elections there were kids at school chanting the name of BNP in the canteen like a rally. It makes me sick.

IceBreaker14
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:08 am

Dude...what the hell.

He went full stupid, didn't he?

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext