Politicians say the darndest things

Polls everywhere, but not a single dancer. Intelligence optional.

Re: Politicians say the darndest things

Postby Delta Jim » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:47 am

... Breitbart has standards?

What could possibly be so bad that it somehow manages to limbo under the bar of journalistic standards of a site that set the bar a Planck's unit above the ground?

... I fail to see how this is below their standards. Was it a little too blatant to allow for plausible deniability or something?

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby cmsellers » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:13 am

Eurabia is inevitable, but Allahmerica implies that even Trump couldn't save us.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Krashlia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 am

cmsellers wrote:Eurabia is inevitable, but Allahmerica implies that even Trump couldn't save us.

Muhammexico?
Kabanada.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Krashlia wrote:Muhammexico?
Kabanada.

I think you mean Quranada and the Mexicaliphate?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 am

In what may be the worst instance of political correctness ever, Justin Trudeau interrupted a woman to tell her to use "peoplekind" instead of "mankind."

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm

We're having elections here in Hungary this year, and the government made the fictional "Soros Plan" the main campaign issue. According to this "plan", which does not exist, Soros wants to flood us with millions of immigrants from the Middle East and Africa. The government is putting up billboards like this:

Spoiler: show

That's Soros, arms around with the leaders of the opposition parties. They are holding wire cutters, and the billboard reads: "They would dismantle the border barrier together." All opposition leaders have said that they do not want to dismantle the border barrier, but never mind.

But that's not even the best part. At a campaign event,Sándor Fazekas, the Minister of Agriculture declared that if the opposition wins, we'll have to eat insects.

Fazekas argued that if European values are loosened regarding our cuisine as well, we lose our point of reference.

If our neighbor becomes a migrant which is a possibility as the UN is working on this, Fazekas argued, then our eating habits won’t be safe anymore either. Those who come from places where they eat insects, he continued, will sooner or later demand that insect consumption become available here. Large corporations, in turn, will satisfy this demand, according to the Minister of Agriculture.

And who's behind all this?

In the end, Fazekas shared his great revelation with the audience, namely that those who have invested in the insect consumption business in Hollywood belong to the same Democratic Party circle as US-Hungarian financier George Soros.

But of course. Hungarian politics is officially beyond parody at this point.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm

I don't remember guns being mentioned in the Tanakh, or is that a new testament thing?
Just how old does he think the USA is anyway?

Last edited by Deathclaw_Puncher on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 am

Well, there was that one time Jesus commanded his disciples to sell their cloaks if they had to in order to buy swords.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby Krashlia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:

You know, he can say that. But, if I know something about Our Creator, it's that bad mouthing him increases the risk of penalties, you can't take up arms against him, and you can't leave. Also, he's not approved by Geneva. So, I get the impression that he's not exactly a champion of rights.
Technically, He's a Despot. I see no problem with acknowledging this.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Grimstone wrote:Well, there was that one time Jesus commanded his disciples to sell their cloaks if they had to in order to buy swords.

Yes, but if you read the full context of the passage, it's clear he's wanting them to do that to fulfill a specific prophecy:

Jacques Ellul and John Howard Yoder do not believe Luke 22:36 overturns the many times Jesus urged his followers to turn the other cheek and not resist evil when confronted by violence during his Sermon on the Mount and years of ministry. They show when the passage is taken in context (Luke 22:36-38), Jesus is also aware of fulfilling prophecy and makes a surprising statement that two swords are "enough."[1]

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.

— Gospel of Luke 22:36-38, NIV

Ellul, Yoder and Archie Penner claim that two swords could not possibly have been "enough" to defend Jesus from his pending arrest, trial and execution, so their sole purpose must have been Jesus' wish to fulfill a prophecy (Isaiah 53:9-12).[1] As Ellul explains:

The further comment of Jesus explains in part the surprising statement, for he says: "It is necessary that the prophecy be fulfilled according to which I would be put in the ranks of criminals" (Luke 22:36-37). The idea of fighting with just two swords is ridiculous. The swords are enough, however, to justify the accusation that Jesus is the head of a band of brigands. We have to note here that Jesus is consciously fulfilling prophecy. If he were not the saying would make no sense.[2]

This theory is further substantiated by Peter when Peter draws one of the swords a few hours later at Jesus' arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane, slashing the ear of Malchus, one of the priests' servants, and Jesus rebukes him saying: "Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."(Matthew 26:52)[1]

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Krashlia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:
I don't remember guns being mentioned in the Tanakh, or is that a new testament thing.
Just how old does he think the USA is anyway?

No way. I'm pretty sure there was at least one gun commandment. And I'm pretty certain that Joshua had guns at Jericho.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Delta Jim » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:55 am

Alabama lawmaker: We shouldn't arm teachers because most are women

Arming untrained people is a great idea as long as none of those untrained people have vaginas.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby Krashlia » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 am

Whats this? You *don't* want to keep children safe?

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Mistook for recent tweet. Delete.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep