Politicians say the darndest things

Polls everywhere, but not a single dancer. Intelligence optional.

Re: Politicians say the darndest things

Postby SandTea » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Aquila89 wrote:That's where our political discourse is.

Point because I think this same stuff. Here's what helps me; On a larger scale, we are doing better. Our lizard (overloards?) brains might still be shitty but somehow we've eked out better and better circumstances for, if not ourselves then our kids. Or maybe our kids kids.... Shit OK, IDK but somehow we have progressed.

Again, I feel the same way. I may get shit on until I'm gone but I've decided to hope the trend continues.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 am

Chief of Staff John Kelly, defending Trump's recent call to the soldier's widow:

“When I was a kid growing up, a lot of things were sacred in our country. Women were sacred, looked upon with great honor. That’s obviously not the case anymore as we see from recent cases."

Recent cases, like the election of Donald "grab them by the pussy" Trump to the presidency? Fair enough.

"Life, the dignity of life, is sacred. That’s gone. Religion, that seems to be gone as well. Gold Star
families, I think that left in the convention over the summer.”

The convention? Is Mr. Kelly referring to the time Trump attacked a Gold Star family for daring to criticize them? True enough again, I guess.

And if he means inviting a Gold Star family to the DNC to speak out against Trump; well, the RNC did the same thing, inviting the mother of one of the Benghazi victims, who personally blamed Hillary Clinton for her son's death.

Does this guy even know who he's working for?

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:28 am

Spokesman for George H.W. Bush isn't a politician but is a spokesman for one.

"At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures. To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women's rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely."

He is most sincerely apologetic for grabbin dat ass.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Krashlia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:
Spoiler: show

I saw this on /pol/ and CringeAnarchy and was expecting this to not be real. Still thinking theres a hoax or joke here somewhere.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 pm

It's Bill Mitchell, Krash, a sad joke in human form.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Oh, this one is a real doozy!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby IamNotCreepy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 pm

So, apparently one of Trump's judicial nominees, Brett Talley, has written over 16,000 on a University of Alabama sports fan website message board.

Now, people are combing through every post to find everything objectionable he has ever written. Also, he is being criticized for not disclosing these posts on his Senate questionnaire.

In other words, we are all going to have a lot to answer for in 20 or 30 years when Avi is nominated to the Supreme Court.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Well, the real problem with Talley though isn't that he wrote objectionable things on a message board but that he never tried a case. The American Bar Association unanimously rated him as unqualified for federal judgeship. Also, he failed to disclose that he's married to a White House lawyer.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Krashlia wrote:
Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:

I saw this on /pol/ and CringeAnarchy and was expecting this to not be real. Still thinking theres a hoax or joke here somewhere.

It wasn't. Krang T Nelson, a parody account, was posting random shit like that on twitter. He even proclaimed he was the antifa CEO once.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Aquila89 wrote:Well, the real problem with Talley though isn't that he wrote objectionable things on a message board but that he never tried a case. The American Bar Association unanimously rated him as unqualified for federal judgeship. Also, he failed to disclose that he's married to a White House lawyer.

The American Bar Association? Who are they to decide who is and isn't qualified to practice law in the United States?
See you need someone like Trump who doesn't know shit about the law to rely on a real judge* to tell him what to do and get other real judges on the bench instead of those fake ones. Yeah!

*Pictured: Donald F. McGahn II

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 am

Well, I don't understand either why the Bar Association decides whether someone is qualified to be a judge. What do bars got to do with it? If he was trying to be a mixer, that's another thing.

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Remember Dana Loesch, the scary woman from the NRA ads? Well, she made some remarks about Roy Moore back in October at the Values Voters Summit, which were pretty bad to begin with, and even worse in retrospect: "Roy Moore, case in point. I call him the Gandalf of Alabama. Here's why He stood there with his staff and he pushed back against the forces of secularism and he said, just like in ‘Lord of the Rings,’ ‘You shall not pass,’ when they were going after the Ten Commandments."

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 pm

This tone change is one of the funniest things I've seen this year and it's not even the dumbest part of the quote.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:54 am

She was elected in 2009.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer