Halloween 2018 Collab Story!

Polls everywhere, but not a single dancer. Intelligence optional.

Halloween 2018 Collab Story!

Postby sunglasses » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:49 am

tumblr_mdpiu28qb41qh01r8o1_500.gif
tumblr_mdpiu28qb41qh01r8o1_500.gif (998.73 KiB) Viewed 3153 times

Greetings! Would you like to collaborate on a ghost story with me? I'm sure you're just dying to do so.

*Collective groaning heard in background*

This will be a little different from our previous story games. We won't be doing one sentence add ones or setting the tone. No, this will be each poster adding 1-3 paragraphs per post towards the story. You may add SFW pics your post to help set the mood or help inspire the next poster.

Example: What mysteries did this hallway hold? Katya wanted to know, but at the same time felt nervous and nauseated.
5027051db609f3beb3da110ed3c90520--haunted-houses-haunted-places.jpg
5027051db609f3beb3da110ed3c90520--haunted-houses-haunted-places.jpg (11.12 KiB) Viewed 3153 times

The theme is a ghost story. Is it a happy ghost story? A scary one? A haunted house? A ghost love story? Only one way to find out. Let's start writing.

Prologue and Setting

Megan is one of 5 people who have recently moved into a new apartment complex as part of a promotion. They are getting two weeks free rent as long as they are promoting the new complex on social media. This is to help drum up hype and interest as the building is located in a former industrial zoned area. Mossy Groves Reality has converted an old, abandoned factory into an apartment complex designed to balance comfort with cost effectiveness. Each unit is 1-2 bedroom with a bathroom. A laundry complex is located in the basement of the building. One of the people moving in is slotted to be the building's superintendent. They are living on a ground floor apartment, near a stairwell. The elevator has been refurbished.

Megan stared at the building in front of her. As a child she remembered a tall, overpowering building with windows missing. Some kids in her school would try to sneak into it to scare each other, smoke pot, or have a quick dalliance. They were almost always thwarted by the security guard still on site.

The building no longer had broken windows, nor a towering chain link fence. The brick was painted and refaced. She found a spot with good lighting outside, near the sign proclaiming the building was the NEW APARTMENT COMPLEX BY MOSSY GROVES REALTY! She turned on her phone and hit record.

"Hi guys, It's Megan! I'm here outside the brand new factory turned apartment building by our town's favorite realty company-Mossy Groves! Keep an eye on my feed all week-It'll be fabulous! Later, my lovlies!" Megan signed off with her signature smile and hand gesture. She normally interacted with her feed before signing off, but didn't at the time. She later wished she had taken the time to read her chat.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: Halloween 2018 Collab Story!

Postby Australia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Hell, if she'd just watched the video herself, at the very least, Megan would have noticed three words on the sign behind her came out blood-red when picked up by the camera and a trickle had seeped through the final word, so the message NEW COMPLEX REALITY popped out in what most would consider a poor promotion for the building and even more would consider a literally ominous sign.*

Megan, however, was having a good day and she was not going to waste it watching her own promos. The water was finally running properly, she'd signed a new client and her best friend had finally stopped calling her The Meg now that the movie had left cinemas and the nickname was no longer relevant.

She whistled a tune she must have picked up somewhere but couldn't put her finger on where, as she walked around the building and explored the garden that was starting to sprout. Megan loved flora and initially had trepidation that anything would grow, on account of the industrial salts that must have coated the entire block over the years. But whether it was new soil or just a gardening professional, the plants had practically blossomed over the few nights she'd been staying there. She was about to go upstairs and unpack a few boxes before sunset when she noticed a flower she could only describe as peculiar.

*What's that? I made a whole paragraph just so Sunny's typo in the prologue was actually foreshadowing? Well, yeah, it's called teamwork, bitches.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:57 pm

The flower had a complex feel to it. Enthralling. Entrancing. Megan just couldn't help but gaze at it. It became an obsession, a pseudo-Hanami of sorts. A way to pass the time, it was. She could never explain why she found it so interesting.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby gisambards » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:41 pm

'Are you really just staring at that flower?' asked a voice from behind her. Megan jumped, swore and turned to see one of the other residents standing behind her, a small, mousy-looking redheaded woman. She'd briefly met all of the other people she'd be sharing the block with at a drinks thing the company had put on, but didn't remember any of their names. 'Jesus. I came over cause I saw you bending over the flower bed and I thought you were like throwing up or something. I wanted to see if you were alright. I came all the way out of my apartment.' She pointed at her apartment. 'But you're just looking at a flower? You've been here for like five minutes. Jesus.'
'Um,' said Megan, feeling incredibly guilty even though she was fairly certain she hadn't actually done anything wrong. 'Sorry.'
'It's not even that cool a flower. It's pretty I guess. I guess. But I thought you were throwing up. Jesus. I'm Jen, by the way. Hi. I guess we're neighbors.'

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Megan felt unsettled by the hyper neighbor and began to walk towards the lobby. One of the amenities of this apartment building they were pushing was free wifi in the lobby. There were a few couches and chairs near the windows. A man was slouched in one, watching Netflix. He was muttering about trying to find a horror movie in which, "the annoying brats die already." Jen followed Megan, talking the whole time.

"This lobby looks like a hotel lobby. Which is ok I guess, but Jesus, why? Not that I'm arguing against the free wi fi hotspot-I'm not stupid, Jesus. Oh, Jesus, that guy. That's, like, the super or something. His name is Jace or something? I think," she passed in the talking stream to yell towards the purported Jace, "Your name is Jace, right? Jesus, I can't remember."

He paused his film and swiveled the chair while deadpanning, "Yes, it's Jace. Jace Right." Megan tried not to snort.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.