Shy Boys IRL

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Shy Boys IRL

Postby Eternauta » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Guys Guys Guys (i'm referring to the hopeless celibates in this thread)

I know this is a delicate and emotional topic and I do value your inner struggle to accept yourselves and open to others, so I'll put it in a kind way:

You need a proper kick up your ass!

I hear you talking about your emotional/social state as if it's a given, immutable law of nature, and your attitude towards others as if that couldn't be influenced by a different exposure to different peoples, settings or trying another approach.

You can change within with your external actions, changing your habits, forcing yourself at first to try something different. And yes, you can learn from your mistakes, correct your inadequacies and stop your self-destructive self-pity through sheer determination and perseverance. Experience in dealing with people will make you slowly, painfully but surely better at interacting with others. Wallowing in this fatalistic self pity and "you wouldn't understand, man" just makes me want to slap your self absorbed fat cheeks because I can see a behavior I've been guilty of many times and that is just unhealthy in the long (and short term).

You can read all of "Motivational Gobbledlygook for Picking Up Skirt" worth $105.99

And, just if you buy it today, you get unlimited access to our frequently updated Chat Up Line Bureau http://thecommentsection.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1016 worth $78.46 per month

PLUS 6 pairs of white ankle socks usually worth $612

for $105.99 + $78.46 + $612= $12,591.88

JUST ABOUT $3.50 *ONLY TODAY*

Don't miss your chance! We record IP address of cheapskates who can't afford to shell out $3.50 for LIFE CHANGING INFORMATION and forward it to the Feminist HQ, who will ensure every woman in the world will know of your tight-fistedness and, being the venial harpies you always suspected they were, will NOT GIVE YOU ANY TILL THE END OF TIME.

Stop being a WANKER. GET LAID. Get Eternauta's latest ebook on successfully obtaining sexual intercourse from human females!

"Will... penis... cure my... issues?" - JamesT
Eternauta
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:51 am

As I've said, I came here to give my perspective, not for advice. But by all means do insult me if it makes you feel good.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Kate » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:56 pm

I think he's making fun of the Pickup Artists who make their money by playing off of insecurities of...everyone. The same tactics they advertise as successful on women? They use them to get men to buy their junk products. They tear men down to make them feel like they need that shit.

At least, that's how I read it. I may be mistaken. I assure you, I want no part in insulting you, Aquila. You're pretty awesome.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby QuincyMorris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I don't know, guys. I used to do stupid shit with girls all the time, and you know what? I learned, entirely on my own, that what I was doing was creepy and disturbing and stopped.

It hasn't helped me get laid, but you know what? Who the fuck cares? I am very satisfied with my life right now, purely because I'm working towards actually becoming a functioning member of society.

"Mr. Potter... Our new Celebrity."
QuincyMorris
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby BobTheZombie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm quite late to the table, so let me just make a few points:

1. I felt really bad for the guys in the documentary. I feel a lot of empathy for them and maybe looking at them gives me a window into a future I'm afraid I'm on course for. I empathise with them for different reasons-
Michael seems like a decent guy who just needs a to come out of his shell a bit,

Advanced has an awful personality but hearing him talk, it's clear he has serious self-esteem issues. When he fluffs his words and gets flustered, telling her that he needs her to think of him as smart, I felt so bad for him since his insecurities are holding him back.

The PUA guy was masking his own insecurities with false confidence and arrogance.

The one I felt the most empathy towards was Anthony. It was actually heartbreaking when he gets visibly choked up as he describes the girl he tried (and failed) to ask out.

2. That wannabe motherfucker is peculiar to say the least and I hope he gets the help he badly needs. I also hope I never meet him in a dark alley.

3. The guys on here lamenting their lack of sex or general social interaction hits close to home too. I go out relatively regularly but that's because I get dragged out (almost) by fellas I know. I was so scared of going out in secondary school (or highschool) that I got minor panic attacks at the thought of it. In fairness, that wasn't just going out- that was any kind of interaction with people I didn't really know, especially women. I went to a mixed school which had a ratio of like 1 girl for every 12 guys, so I didn't have to worry about bumping into women there. The town I'm from had 3 secondary schools though, one which was an all girl school, so if I was walking downtown for lunch or getting the bus home, I'd have to walk past large groups of girls. I hated it, simply because I felt so exposed. Primary school (ages 6-12) was rough too but I got by. It wasn't particularly pleasant when we were getting to the age where people started going out with each other etc. but I just kept my heads down and hoped nobody ever put me in a position where I would've had to tell them I'd never kissed a girl.
But anyway, these problems got A LOT worse in secondary school since everyone expected you to have done all these things. I tried not to get involved. I figured no one would want me and that if I ever so much as tried to ask a girl out, I'd be swiftly and embarrassingly rejected. So I got to college and things seemed to have intensified again. I'd only ever kissed one girl when I got there so I was way out of my depth. Fortunately (although I didn't think so at the time) I was made to go out with my friends to clubs etc. I managed to get over my fear of rejection (by being successful...amazingly) with the help of a little liquid confidence. Now I'm a lot better off than I was but I still have the same thoughts I had back then. I still fear rejection (but not as much) and I still have those feelings of self-loathing. I just try to put them to the back of my mind and keep the bright side out but it's still difficult whenever I walk past a mirror. I have my bad days (they seem to outweigh the good and the number of bad days seems to be increasing lately) but it's important to make the most of the good ones.

Point is, if you force yourself to be social then you might find your luck change. Join a club or do an activity where you can meet like-minded people. You might surprise yourself. Sorry for the wall of text, I just felt like adding my 2 cents.

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Postby gregfrankenstein » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:05 am

I must note that I have, since becoming an adult, noticed an alarming decline in inter-gender friendship, to the point where merely asking someone to socialize can transalte to: "Hey, that thing in your legs? I want in." Now, obviously everyone doesn't think this way, but since an awful lot of people seem to, although it doesn't remotely give me insight as to why any sane person would identify as "incel" and act like they're somehow entitled to an orgasm, it does give me some level of empathy for the less arrogant singles out there, knowing this can be a world where one can't see a female friend in person without already knowing that person fancies them romantically, creating sort of a relationship Catch-22.

Then again, some people aren't gender-partitioning weirdos.

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Heightener of Fives

Postby D-LOGAN » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:47 pm

gregfrankenstein wrote: "Hey, that thing in your legs? I want in."

He he, that's good, I'm stealing that.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby gregfrankenstein » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 am

D-LOGAN wrote:He he, that's good, I'm stealing that.

I take it you're an OB/GYN now, doc?

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Heightener of Fives

Postby D-LOGAN » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:48 am

gregfrankenstein wrote:I take it you're an OB/GYN now, doc?

Hey mate there's a recession on. I'll be whatever you want me to be, if there's enough in it for me to by meself a sandwich afterwards!

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:08 am

Sweetie, you're not getting enough oxygen to your brain again. *hands him a tissue* Be a dear and blow those peanuts out of your nose, lest we all have to hold you down and use the forceps... again. Please?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Sparrow » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:59 am

Well, this has been an encouraging thread. No matter my imperfections and mistakes, at least I can say that I haven't tried and failed to pull an Oedipus and chronicle it on the Internet.

"The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. To love another person is to see the face of God." - Victor Hugo

There was Sparrow the literati,
Who was really quite a hottie.
He left us beguiled,
Whenever he smiled,
And was only a little bit naughty
Sparrow
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Bane of Mice

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 am

Sparrow wrote:Well, this has been an encouraging thread. No matter my imperfections and mistakes, at least I can say that I haven't tried and failed to pull an Oedipus and chronicle it on the Internet.

Yeah, I actually love it when I can point to the screen laughing and say "Well I'm not this bad!"

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:40 am

Sparrow wrote:Well, this has been an encouraging thread. No matter my imperfections and mistakes, at least I can say that I haven't tried and failed to pull an Oedipus and chronicle it on the Internet.

But when your parents fail to surprise you with a prostitute at age 14, what other choice do you have?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby TheSyrupNugget » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:08 am

Well, I don't know why all you guys are treating Mr. Incel as weird. My mom loved me enough to buy me a hooker when I was 14 and I've clearly grown into a functioning, well-adjusted adult that thinks Oedipus Rex is the greatest love story ever told.

I mean, sure, she paid the hooker to sing "Can't touch this", then point and laugh at me for about an hour but it's the thought that counts!

TheSyrupNugget
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: Nugget of Syrup

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:14 am

sunglasses wrote:

Yeah, I actually love it when I can point to the screen laughing and say "Well I'm not this bad!"

There's nothing like being absolutely, 100% sure that you're not as fucked up like that.

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

PreviousNext