Shy Boys IRL

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Shy Boys IRL

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 am

So, not only is a psychotic fuck, he actually bothers to hold vendettas against people simply for not sharing his point of view on certain subjects?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby JamesT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:22 am

OrangeEyebrows wrote:This is a man who doesn't recognise his own face in the mirror. From his definition of "TAC":

2 general stupidity (lack of reading comprehension, inability to make or understand arguments)
7 batshit vocabulary, invention of new various bizzare new words
8 use of words differently than their original meaning (examples- threat, rape, harassment all used in exagerrated and incorrect way)
9 paranoia
10 hatred of people they see as "privileged" (white people, straight people, males, usually goes along with misandry)
13 absolute lack of empathy or any regard for perceived opponents
14 condescending attitude
15 pathologizing of perceived opponents (in connection and used with nr 5)

And yes. For sure we have our disagreements. The mods are currently assembling a hit squad (it's Rebo and Kate) for the day when we have a disagreement about whether or not it's okay to beat up your mum because she won't have sex with you. Forum rules suggest it is not.

Look, I used the server as a toilet ONE TIME. Just let it go!

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Governmentsgetgfs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:29 am

Hello. Does this forum allow free speech?

Governmentsgetgfs
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Postby JamesT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:38 am

Yes we allow free speech, but we have forum rules that you may want to familiarize yourself with if you want to join in discussion.

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Overlord Moo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:42 am

JamesT wrote:Yes we allow free speech, but we have forum rulesthat you may want to familiarize yourself with if you want to join in discussion.

Now hold on there James-y, speech is free for some. For others, there's a talking tax. That'll be 25 cents (USD) a character. Will that be cash or credit?

*Is hit in the back of the head with a wet noodle*

Ow. OW! Quit it! Yeesh, you try to make a quick buck and everybody gets antsy.

6:54 Bert: Moo is so cool he wishes he could be someone else just so he could better understand what it is like to live in a world with Overlord Moo in it
9:46:06 PM GG If Moo goes oh my I know it means bad
<Strant> wig+wonderbra+Strant=Deeno
Overlord Moo
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Stolen Thunder

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:45 am

We do, but not the kind that you think it means. There is a nonpareil tax. You also have to get mauled by bears.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Governmentsgetgfs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:49 am

OrangeEyebrows wrote:The charmer on the PWoT thread apparently had sex with four people in the last year, so I'm not really sure he understands what "celibate" means.

You have to understand one thing. I don't have a problem with the dictionary definition of the word "celibacy" but I think that the word "involuntary celibacy" shouldn't mean just a lack of sex.
It seems illogical at first but isn't.
Why? Because there is an entire community using that term for a wider array of problems, basically.

OrangeEyebrows wrote: His gripe appears to be that he didn't lose his virginity until he was 22, which has ruined his life forever, and his parents should have sneakily hired a prostitute for him when he was 14.

I actually lost my virginity at 24. 22 was when I finally became desperate and frustrated enough to ask my mother for sex. If I had written something else it is a mistake on my side.

OrangeEyebrows wrote: Since they didn't (and his mum wouldn't have sex with him), they are murdering him and should be prosecuted. Man is bugfuck.

I never ever claimed that my mother committed manslaughter because she didn't have sex with me. I am glad she didn't. Asking that was just a symptom of how serious my pain has gotten at that point.

On the other hand, parents should be aware of incel and how to recognize it because it might destroy their children's lives. But not at the age of 22 but long before 18.

Governmentsgetgfs
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Governmentsgetgfs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:51 am

JamesT wrote:Yes we allow free speech, but we have forum rulesthat you may want to familiarize yourself with if you want to join in discussion.

Ok, thank you. I have one more question though. Are all of your posters on permanent moderation or what? Is there a time period for being on permanent moderation? Or am I the only one being on such as I am an controversial character?

Governmentsgetgfs
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 am

Governmentsgetgfs wrote:

Ok, thank you. I have one more question though. Are all of your posters on permanent moderation or what? Is there a time period for being on permanent moderation? Or am I the only one being on such as I am an controversial character?

All users must have their first few posts approved. It's a measure to prevent spambots. Note that now your name has changed color, and you will no longer require manual post approval.

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:55 am

Governmentsgetgfs wrote:You have to understand one thing. I don't have a problem with the dictionary definition of the word "celibacy" but I think that the word "involuntary celibacy" shouldn't mean just a lack of sex.
Why? Because there is an entire community using that term for a wider array of problems, basically.
What are the problems, other than lack of sex?

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Governmentsgetgfs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:57 am

Tesseracts wrote:
Governmentsgetgfs wrote:You have to understand one thing. I don't have a problem with the dictionary definition of the word "celibacy" but I think that the word "involuntary celibacy" shouldn't mean just a lack of sex.
What are the problems, other than lack of sex?

I write about this here http://governmentsgetgirlfriends.wordpr ... e-shyness/

Involuntary celibacy (colloquially incel) is chronic near-total or total absence in a person’s sexuality of intimate relationships or sexual intercourse that is occurring for reasons other than voluntary celibacy, asexuality, antisexualism, sexual abstinence, unreasonable in mate criteria and unfounded fears/dogmas.

A couple of years ago one involuntary celibate person said that, according to him, most people are to be considered in a state of absolute involuntary celibacy when they were, against their wishes, unable to obtain either of these things in more than six months :

1. a relationship

2. unpaid sex

I agree with the definition and think that more than 6 months without both of those things, and against your desire, are abnormal enough to be called incel.

More important than the exact number of months, however, is whether long periods of celibacy are a recurring pattern in an individual’s D/S/R history. Many people go without D/S/R for six-month or longer stretches, but rarely experience such problems as a constantly recurring pattern.

This goes for most people. There are, however, those people who could be considered completely non-celibate with only one of those things in their life. For example, an asexual person could only be satisfied with a relationship while a person not wanting any relationships with anybody could be satisfied with only sex. The key thing is desire.

Governmentsgetgfs
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:02 am

Okay, I'm genuinely confused as to what, exactly, and "incel" is. I understand that you feel like you are not getting enough sex (or something like that), but where exactly does the issue come from?

I never had sex until I was around 20. Only very sporadically thereafter for some years, and I haven't even had 4 partners in my life. Yet, I lead a productive and happy life during that entire period of time, and while occasionally lamenting, privately, that I wished I had a girlfriend, or in some cases that I had someone to sleep with, I never felt that I was somehow abnormal or the victim of some sort of handicap.

What makes you different than people who just aren't getting laid?

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby Governmentsgetgfs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 am

Cult of therapy isn't some cult I made up. It's just a notion that many people see therapy as a solution to every emotional or situation problem today and that the fault is always on you. If therapy doesn't work those who worship it can always say you're not trying hard enough or that you need more therapy (which might become quite dangerous as it could lead to a person being institutionalized for an indefinite period of time, for they won't get better - their incel is a source of their mental pain).

TAC, on the other hand, has some characteristics I listed and is a thing but it's no organized cult or a religion. Just a name for people with such characteristics I listed.

Governmentsgetgfs
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby DashaBlade » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 am

Sex and relationships are not just something you are granted on a silver platter because you want them. If you want a relationship, you have to do approximately 50% of the work required to build it. If you're unwilling to do the work, you can't really expect a potential partner to shoulder that burden for you, especially when there are people who are willing.

And sex isn't something that everyone deserves to have whenever and with whomever they choose. Someone who meets people thinking they're due a good fucking and/or a relationship with a total stranger is going to be sorely disappointed every time.

DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Governmentsgetgfs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:08 am

Lindvaettr wrote:Okay, I'm genuinely confused as to what, exactly, and "incel" is. I understand that you feel like you are not getting enough sex (or something like that),

You obviously don't understand then. I defined it for you in my previous reply to you.

Lindvaettr wrote: but where exactly does the issue come from?

There are various reasons. Phobias like love-shyness, generalized shyness, introversion, ugliness or obesity are the most common reasons.

Lindvaettr wrote: I never had sex until I was around 20. Only very sporadically thereafter for some years, and I haven't even had 4 partners in my life. Yet, I lead a productive and happy life during that entire period of time, and while occasionally lamenting, privately, that I wished I had a girlfriend, or in some cases that I had someone to sleep with, I never felt that I was somehow abnormal or the victim of some sort of handicap.

What makes you different than people who just aren't getting laid?

You seem to be handling it well. Then again, if you found one partner you're in a happy relationship with that has more worth to most people than sleeping with 4 women some of whom humiliated you afterwards, some of who you were crazy, some of who you didn't like at all and some of who prostituted themselves to you. Yup, that's about all of them.

The number of sexual partners isn't a sole indicator of how incel somebody is. There is also a relationship part.

Just like the number of relationships one had in life isn't an indicator of how happy that person was. Somebody might have had less but was happier in them.

I am currently semi-incel. I have a fwb (I dislike her but have no choice actually) but don't have a relationship I would want.

Governmentsgetgfs
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

PreviousNext