In the Enclosure

Re: In the Enclosure

Postby sunglasses » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:58 am

1 point in endurance, 1 point in courage, and 1 point in intelligence please.

Dana didn't have an acid solution to get said mineral. BUT she did have the ears of a, well, um, something with good hearing. Cats? Do cats have good hearing?? Anyhow, she heard the monster snake thing uncurl to attack the hapless T.A.B.L.O. She already had a bit of a grudge against the pit of snakes from earlier and let it be known that Dana NEVER let a good grudge go.

She ran, well started to-she ended up walking briskly while clutching her side, to the previous lair of the death bananas. She saw the pit viper eyeing T.A.B.L.O. up.

"Hey! I ate your mother!" Dana yelled at the snake before following up with a right hook.

sunglasses rolled 1d4:

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby JamishT » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:37 am

Joni, who would like to take this time to tell everyone that he just saved 15% on his car insurance by switching to Geico, was going to join Kate in checking out that room she discovered, but he heard the slick slimy slithering of the viper to the west, and...well, he can't help himself, killing snakes is just too satisfying to not attempt. He heads WEST, and attacks the Viper with his fists.

JamishT rolled 1d4:

I would like to put my two stat points into ENDURANCE. Also, I ambled WEST.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Cordslash » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:47 pm

After the exhausting battle with the beast Carrot felt exhilarated. Now would be as good a time as any to explore ever further. Hey eyes the north exit and strolls on though...

1 point in favor, 2 in vision and 3 in intelligence please. And I'm going North.

*The artist formerly known as CmdrVimes*

Hancock, John.
Cordslash
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Blackboard Monitor

Postby Overlord Moo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:45 pm

"Ow! My back!" Urthbert groaned as he was transported back to the lair of the Spider-Squid. But, even with his broken back, Urthbert felt more courageous having come out of the battle alive.

"And I'm damn lucky I did too." Urthbert laid on his back and rested his weary bones.

I got 1pt from the dreamers, and 3 from the boss. I'm going to put two points into both Courage and Favor.

6:54 Bert: Moo is so cool he wishes he could be someone else just so he could better understand what it is like to live in a world with Overlord Moo in it
9:46:06 PM GG If Moo goes oh my I know it means bad
<Strant> wig+wonderbra+Strant=Deeno
Overlord Moo
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Stolen Thunder

Postby Tablo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:55 pm

T.A.B.L.O saw the viper it's eyes piercing him like a dagger.
"Another Lower Organism that needs annihilating. Prepare to meet your maker."
Tablo rolled 1d6:

I get 2 points for entering a room first so I put two in intelligence.

Last edited by Tablo on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OrangeEyebrows wrote:Tablo, the resident shrink
Will cure all your ills in a blink
(If you're weird or you're lazy:
If actually crazy
You're better off turning to drink)

My therapy thread
Nothing to see here keep moving ,you signature looking looker.
Tablo
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Table,Therapist and ladies man

Postby Glassjaw Girl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm

JugularNotch wrote:T.A.B.L.O. decides to move to the West, back to the Lair of the Death Bananas. S/He was apparently unaware of the monster that had crawled there from the far West. The Pit Viper rose up and hissed angrily at T.A.B.L.O.

Milo runs West, screaming, "That Pit Viper is mine! Don't harm it; I will sell it!" He sees the Pit Viper and stops short.
Yowza.

"Okay T.A.B.L.O. let's attack it, but gently. That hide is mine and it will fetch a lovely price on the black market."

Glassjaw Girl rolled 1d4:

I go West. Also one point each to Vision, Grace, and Mobility.

Glassjaw Girl
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Communications Commander

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Kate decided to move two spaces West to take a dip in the healing water.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby Matthew Notch » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi all! Couple quick clarifications before we go on.

I'm doing a terrible job explaining stuff, I think. So first off...

Tablo wrote:T.A.B.L.O saw the viper it's eyes piercing him like a dagger.
"Another Lower Organism that needs annihilating. Prepare to meet your maker."
D6
I get 2 points for entering a room first so I put two in intelligence.

Now, the two points would come to you only if you were the first to unlock the room, that is, enter a room that has not been discovered yet. This is because you can't move through multiple unlocked rooms, so there is a bit of an incentive to unlock them, besides the fact that it moves the game along of course :P! Also, I'll just say it like this: There are no d6 rolls in this game. The Dreamers side has them, but this side won't be dealing with d6 at all. Hand-to-hand attacks, which is what everyone has at the moment, are done with d4. Again, the dice codes are in the OOC thread if you need them.

Glassjaw Girl wrote:I go West. Also one point each to Vision, Grace, and Mobility.

I think when we were talking earlier I had said you could go West to discover a new room, but if you are heading to help T.A.B.L.O. (which is totes fine!), you would actually be moving one North and one East. Don't sweat it, you have plenty of Mobility and there are no monsters or unlocked rooms between you and him.

Also, if I hadn't mentioned earlier I apologize, but both Resilience and Mobility are PASSIVE stats, which means they are buffed by other stats on the grid. So in Tablo's case, he already had three stat points anyway, so I put his two in Intelligence and he still has one more. In GG's case, I saved back the one stat you were applying to Mobility and it's still available for use.

Clear as mud? Okie doke! I'll copy paste this to the OOC thread too.

Ambi the Indecisive, ever the dauntless explorer, decides to follow the shoreline of the Dead Lake west. In time the lake bed shallows, then gently slopes down again until a sudden drop off. The water is not at all salty here, but it is black for the lack of light and the depth of it. However, there is a glowing... something, deep below the waves.

What Is It.jpg
What Is It.jpg (45.74 KiB) Viewed 6734 times

How to get down there and see?

Kate, full of vigor and energy despite being pummeled just now by a large, cranky monster with tentacles and a crystalline exoskeleton, decides to take a look around before heading one direction or the other.

The Dead Lake seems to have gotten its name from the terrible dearth of marine life within, owing most likely to the large concentration of salt in the water. It would seem that most fish in this cave are freshwater dwellers, and can't survive in such an inhospitable environment. The salt is coming from an extensive deposit below the water, and far to the west the bed shallows enough that little of the salt leeches to the rest of the lake. Though it's very far away, Kate can see that the pool will eventually trickle off of cantilever ledges into a pool with minerals that can enable people to exchange their very experience with one another. The waters to the west are also good for healing. But not these waters. These waters must have some use, though...

Carrot limps slowly into the chamber to the North and collapses, exhausted. But what looms before him suddenly fills him with energy!

The Purple Orb!.jpg
The Purple Orb!.jpg (55.76 KiB) Viewed 6734 times

The Viper is struck again and again. Dana and T.A.B.L.O. and Joni are all fighting ferociously, and Milo joins the fray too, fighting slightly less so—that could be a delicate hide. Their combined attacks knock out a whopping 24 HP! The snake is deeply cowed, now, but he's not through yet! He lashes out with his fangs and gets a good bite on T.A.B.L.O.! S/He loses 3 HP and is now poisoned! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Look, Ambi and Carrot each get 2 more stat points for unlocking rooms, but guys? I'm an hour and a half late for Lord of the Rings Extended Cuts with the wife, so I'll update the map later. Everything else is up to date!

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby sunglasses » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Dana threw her might behind her fist.

"Bad snake! BAD!"

sunglasses rolled 1d4:

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby AboveGL » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:23 am

Loxley's moniker was very well suited to him. He stood above the writhing mass of what looked like snakes and he realised that he was not the first to set foot in this room. There was no chance in hell we was gonna cross this, but it looked as if someone already had.

Grumbling to himself, he headed back into the glyph room.

I head back South.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Cordslash » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:31 am

1 point in Intelligence please. Then I'm maxed out.

The purple Orb pulse and throbbed with energy. But what to do with it? Ah. Asking might help.

"Oracle, can I just grab this Orb and run with it? It seems suspiciously like a kind of key to a certain door..."

*The artist formerly known as CmdrVimes*

Hancock, John.
Cordslash
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Blackboard Monitor

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:28 pm

"Ah water. After all that walking I could use a break." Ambi said aloud as he neared the lake. "I could do for a swim."

Ambi descended into the water and began to swim about. "Ooo, look something shiny. Maybe I can reach it." And so, Ambi attempts to dive down and grab the object. What will happen...

So I'm using Dive, I assume this is what it is for. I am putting both of my points in Vision.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby NudgeNudge » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Nudge was so confident now, he thought he was really someone else now. But when he saw what everyone was doing (diving, fighting powerful arachnoctopi, walking across burning coal...) he felt useless again. When this thing started, they were just as out of place as he was. What happened? Nudge wasn't very good at being a warrior, indeed. He could hear his father laughing at him.

He wouldn't let him get away with it again.

"Well, it's time to train myself then.", Nudge said, then rushed to the Crafting Room.

I go South then West to the Crafting Workshop, and put my two points into Grace!

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Hot dog! Dana, T.A.B.L.O., Joni, and Milo have all earned three stat points for destroying the Pit Viper! Deeply unsettled, the viper retreats after Dana strikes the finishing blow. It's encouraging to see that a beast with 30 HP could be taken out so quickly. Maybe these explorers are going to finish this thing after all! Assuming nothing harder comes at them...

Loxley, once again delayed by pressing matters he's been following, has decided to head back to the South, into the Glyph Hall. And not a moment too soon, for a beast has risen from the sea of snakes he just left. He might want to get a move on, because this beast looks awfully quick...

Both Carrot and Ambi are looking at mysterious, glowing orbs. Carrot asks the Oracle if he can just take them.

"You can. It will hover around you and follow you where you go. However, it runs away when battle begins, so don't expect it to do much more than hang out with you. As to whether it unlocks a certain door... you may be onto something there, but I suspect there's more to this piece of the puzzle."

Ambi, using his enhanced lung capacity earned from building up his Endurance, dives deep into the water to explore. When he comes back from the blackness, a Black Orb is following him! Awesome!

Kate, still feeling a bit ragged, heads to the Stat Pond, walking right past Ambi while he dives below the surface. She doesn't really know what to do, though, once she gets there. Does she drink the water? Does she bathe in it? Does she say nice things to it and have a conversation with the water? She kneels to the surface to get a drink, and exhausted from the battle and the journey there, collapses headlong into the water. She takes a deep breath and water rushes into her lungs. But rather than suffocate her, a curious thing happens. The water instantly evaporates and begins permeating through her entire being.

Matthew Notch rolled 1d6:
X10

So Kate rises from the water, throwing her hair back like Ariel in the Little Mermaid, and feels invigorated once again!

I'm actually updating this first, but I'll get the stat boards next. Good luck all!

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby NudgeNudge » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:44 pm

Now Nudge couldn't stop moving. He found a closed door to the west. "So nobody's been here before. I should take a look". If only his father could see him now.

I venture West from the Workshop!

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

PreviousNext