One Last Hurrah

Re: One Last Hurrah

Postby ButtChocolate » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Just two more stops on the line and we'll hit the last stop. I can get off at the abandoned industrial park at the outskirts of the city- lay low, hide for a while, get my bearings- see if I can get this thing under control, before someone else gets hurt. Nothing there but a bunch of empty warehouses and factories. I can hide in one- try to figure this thing out without any distractions or interference. And If I bring the whole place down by accident, it'll just seem like a typical condemned building collapse.

Yyyyyysssshhhhh... gotta watch that cut on my foot...

Hasn't been any sign of those suits or those other guys who came looking for me in the sewer. Good. That suit I sent flying into space- if he meant that there were others like me, maybe that was them. The one who did all the talking- he seemed like he had some way of countering the effects. But so what. That was just him, and he seemed to barely be able to keep his grip on... the ground? Maybe he's like Spiderman, and can stick to any surface. That other guy, though... he didn't fare so well. If he did have some power, lotta good it did him. They saw what I can do- I'm dangerous- even to other people like me. If they thought they could help me by finding me... what was their plan? They didn't look like scientists or even secret superheroes. They didn't even know why they were looking for me. No, the only one who can help me is ME right now.

Everyone on the train has been eyeballing me this whole time. I stink like shit and I'm barefoot and shirtless, with wet newspaper wrapped around my foot. They're disgusted by me. They don't know any better, I guess. I mean, I'm disgusted by me. Feh. Least it makes them want to sit far enough away that I can lay out on this back bench, close my eyes, and-

"Alright pal, get up. No free rides. You're getting off at the next stop."

Huh? Transit cop. Must've been in one of the front cars.

"You hear me pal? You wanna spend a night in the pokey?"

Okay. Stay calm, you don't need any incidents here. Just get up and-

"I SAID GET UP NOW!"

GrrrAAAH! He smacked my foot wit his club. Nnnnnnnrrrggg... Impatient sonofabitch. Gotta keep it together... "N-No, I- I hear you officer! S-Sorry. I'm just movin' slowly, that's all- hurt my foot... been through... been through a lot today..."

"I don't want to hear any of your sob stories, buddy. Up and at 'em. Now! Uuugggh. You smell like you've been swimming in the goddamn sewer. See all those people? They paid hard-earned money to ride a clean train and get to where they're going safely- not to have to deal with stinking, disgusting lowlives like you looking for handouts."

"I- No, I wasn't- "

"You shut your dirty trap! I told you I didn't want to hear any business from you! Train's coming to a stop, now... get over to that door before I drag you there! ...Okay, now let's go, dirtbag. I'm takin' you topside. Quit shufflin' your feet And. MOVE! IT!"

AAAAARRRRGGHHHHH! Night stick in my back! NNNnnnnnnrrrrgggg! EEERRRRGGGG, SMASHED MY FUCKING SHIN ON THE PLATFORM. OH GOD! OH GOD JUST LET ME GO- STOP GRABBING ME RRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!! GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME YOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER! PLEASE NO! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!! OKAY RRRRRGGGGG YOU FUCKING ASKED FOR IIIIIITTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

*KABOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!*

...my God.

My God. I... I only meant to do it to him...

All the people on that train...

My God...

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby julyjack73 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:11 am

"Oh, we're being watched? I can solve that problem. Take out your phone."

Sonia takes out her phone. Russel accesses the text feature and types up an explanation.

"Morton and I were chasing a man named Mr. Clay. I'm not really sure as to why, Morton would probably have a better explanation for that."

"We tried confronting him, but before we could really do anything, he used some kind of strange dark vortex. Next thing I knew, I was falling 300 feet into the water. Then I was dead."

After Sonia finished reading it, Russel promptly deleted the message. "I'm not sure if they're tracking our messages, but I don't want to take any chances."

Julyjack, your comment was sunshine from a unicorn's butthole. - Popeshaggy
julyjack73
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Sadly Grew Up

Postby 52xMax » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:42 pm

"Listen, guys. I have a ton of questions, not about what just happened, but about this whole situation. Russel, I'm really glad that you're alive, and if you could keep me in the loop I'd be happy to help you with whatever you're planning to stop these mystery men out there. The thing is, I really must be leaving. The last thing I need right now is getting late to work, and it seems like we've been standing here by the river for days"

Russel turned at Alejandro with a prying look. "Hey, aren't you that guy who wears the bear suit at children's parties?"

"Yes, but I swear I didn't mean to punch that woman in the face", now Sonia was the one looking at him weirdly, again.

"A bee got into my suit, okay? it was awful, they were in my eyes!..."

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:25 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby 52xMax » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:39 pm

"Clay? as in a Claymore mine? this looks way bigger than that"

"That's not what I mean... Clay is not a thing, it's..."

"Whatever it is, I need to go help this people. I'm a fireman, remember?" and he disappeared behind the yellow tape line.

Alejandro didn't wait for his company to arrive to the scene. First responders were already in the area, as well as some policemen and other firemen units who were closer to the incident. Guerrero's shift didn't start for another hour, but emergencies hardly ever wait for the right moment. He flashed his SFD badge to get through, and he grabbed some gear from one of the trucks in the area. He was not surprised to see that Chief Marshall was already there, taking time from his day off to help in any way he could. Leaving all personal problems at the station, as always, Chief Marshall didn't waste any time and he put Alejandro up to speed.

Apparently, there had been some sort of explosion (or implosion? no, that was impossible implausible implossible) and as a result, the streets had collapsed into a subway line where a train was passing by. There was a lot of rubbish, and people were buried beneath the asphalt. It was not a pretty scene.

"Do you suspect this to be a terrorist act of some kind?" Alejandro asked the chief.
"No. It can't be... I mean, anything is possible, Guerrero. But I refuse to believe that something so terrible was done on purpose. There were children in that train."
"And they're still under there. It might be too late for most people that were in the car that blew up... but we can still get the others out.I hope..."

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Matthew Notch » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 am

Sorry about the whole... like, not updating thing. I've been very very busy with work, and I mean I haven't even started on the podcast. Here's a decently long writeup to make up for it.

The next few years for Morton were intense.

He was introduced to Mr. Homoro, who insisted that he meant Morton no harm. He said that he had been waiting for people like Morton to arise, and that he was himself gifted. He had the gift of lucidity; he could move freely in his dreams, and into others' dreams, and he could even change their minds by changing their dreams. He told Morton that he had been looking for him, because he was very special. Homoro then told him a story that Morton would have deemed ridiculous only a few weeks ago.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

"Ugh... ooh." Ayuma Homoro groaned as he was awakened from his sleep. He had been dreaming again, but he couldn't remember any of the details this time. "Okay Nobu. What can I do for you tonight?"

"Daddy, I had a bad dream."

"You're always having those, aren't you?" Ayuma smiled and shook his head. "Okay, tell me about this dream of yours."

"I dreamed that people could live forever."

"You... Nobu... why did you dream that?" Ayuma's face crinkled, searching his memory for any occasion he would have mentioned his dream to his son. He never told his wife when she was still alive, and he was sure he'd never mentioned it to Nobu. And yet...

"I don't know Daddy. I just dreamed it."

"Well son, why was that a bad dream? Isn't it good that people live forever?"

"Yes, but Daddy, there was a bad man. He didn't want the people to live forever. He was trying to kill everyone!" At this poor Nobu began to cry gently.

Ayuma wondered if now was the time to tell him. But he was so young! Would he be able to understand what was happening? What was going to happen? Could he wrap his little brain around something so complex? He looked at his son, crying quietly in his arms, and remembered the day his wife was killed, and how he was stoic like his own father, and how distant he was to his son at the time. There could be no more distance. Nobu needed a caretaker, and it was his duty to be that for him.

"Daddy, why would he want to kill people?"

"Son... it's hard to explain. Listen. Look into my eyes." Nobu wiped away the tears and did so obediently. "Son, we have gifts, you and I. The world is a dream, and you and I are awake in it. Do you remember the day your mother died?"

Nobu nodded, chin still quivering.

"Yes son. It's time you know the truth. I knew it was going to happen. I knew because I dreamed it. I knew it would happen because, all my life, when I dreamed something, it came true. It's how I made so much money. It's how we came to live in this house. Do you understand?"

Nobu nodded, but his face said no.

"Son, we aren't meant to know what will happen before it happens. I tried to protect your mother when I knew, but she kept telling me I was crazy for thinking anything bad could happen. Her life was so good, her world was so happy. She was—" The words caught in his throat. "Well anyway son, what's important is that I know you can see my dreams. Perhaps that's why you are always having nightmares. Can you see what I'm thinking now?"

Nobu shook his head.

"Okay. Listen to me now. No one else that I've met has these gifts. I believe we are the only ones on the planet who have these powers. But we won't be alone forever. I have foreseen it. Others will awaken from the dream, and they'll have the power to bring everyone to life. Together they will give the gift of immortality to the world. Son, when you grow up, if you remember nothing else about me, remember that."

Homoro would not explain how this would happen, but he told Morton that the powers he was seeing in himself and his friends were not natural, that they were an illness, and they needed to be cured. One person had to remain behind, still gifted and doomed to death, but that would be a responsibility Homoro would take on himself. He had lived a full life already, he said.

The next few months were full of training. Morton was taught how to access his power in the manner he'd brought it to bear in Shaw Clay's apartment; by merely recalling a memory, Morton could use the powers as if they were his own. He was introduced to a few other people from Sasordivad, which mysteriously was the only place in the world in which people were gaining powers: Dave Anders, who had previously disappeared, and could create pheromones that altered brain chemistry entirely by dictating what he ate; Phyllis Shenk, who had the same gift as Homoro, able to travel in dreams, but less cultivated by necessity; and Lawrence Oliv-lay, who could summon and control large groups of hive minded creatures as an extension of his own mental impulses, and who was anxious to return to Sasordivad. There were others to learn from, and according to Homoro it was imperative that Morton find them all and learn their gifts, by any means necessary, including force.

So it began that Morton was also trained how to fight, and how to incorporate his powers with his new skills. He was given reconnaissance from Homoro's agents in the field, and trained how to use a sidearm should his powers fail him. It was strange, because Morton, by necessity, made physical contact with Homoro a few times, but never got any readings from him. Morton was given only one strict instruction: stay AWAY from Shaw Clay. His power, Homoro advised, was unstable and dangerous. He was also advised that, from Homoro's visions, there was one more Empathic Intuitive out there, and he was advised to stay away from that person too; he would know the fellow by a feedback loop that would sound in his mind if they came in proximity with each other. If it happened, he was to report the individual to Agent Prodigo and then stay away.

At last Morton's training was complete. The years had been brutal but rewarding, and though he had been taken against his will, Morton had no other life to go back to, so he felt he was given a gift of sorts. He was brought before Homoro one last time.

"So you are ready, I understand?"

"I'm ready Mr. Homoro."

"I'm going to tell you the last piece of information, the piece that is incredibly important to this mission. Morton... by your efforts you will be able to bring immortality to the world. I will be honest, I don't fully understand it myself, and only know this from the snatches of information I was able to wrest from my father's dreams."

"I could understand it better if you would let me read you."

"I know Morton, but it isn't for you to learn. I need you to trust me on this."

"As you wish Mr. Homoro."

Homoro breathed in deeply, then smiled. "Your training is complete. You are ready." And Morton then woke up, in the bed he'd been left in when he was brought to Homoro's complex. He looked at the clock and calendar. It was ten hours past when he'd been taken, only one day later.

I have a meeting in about an hour, and when I get home I'll get the stats and so forth updated for Warriors. But you all now know that the powers are an illness, that Homoro means to give the world immortality, and that Morton is now one of his agents. It's up to you all whether he finds you and whether you agree to work with him and Homoro!

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby ButtChocolate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:28 am

I... I must've blacked out after the... the collapse... All those people... Oh God, I didn't mean to... the train just... sunk right into the tunnel floor... the streets came down after it... if that transit cop hadn't have been dragging me across the platform, I...

Wait- Wh-Where am I wha...?!? What're all th- these... tubes, wires... stuck to me... mask... hard to focus my vision... I... Who're these guys in white? Wha- rubber gloves? I... I'm in an ambulance? Oh god, I'm in an ambulance! Oh no.... NO! They're taking me to a hospital! There's too many people at a hospital! I've got to stop them-

"Nooowoo kooont take meme ttooo dhopstl...!"

Dammit, can't talk with this mask and all this shit crammed in my nose...!

"He's regained consciousness, Rick. Don't worry, I'll keep him stable... Okay, just calm down buddy, just calm down- everything's going to be alright. We're taking you to the hospital, it's just a few blocks-"

"Noooo! Doooontchu unnerstan?!? I kooont gotoo dhopstl! Yoo gotta- "

Dammit! Gotta get this shit off! No, get your hands offa me!

"He's becoming erratic, Rick- I'm going to administer a sedative...!"

NNNnnng! Needle right in the... arm... Let me go! Dammit! Let me... go... so loopy... need to... get awa

EDIT: Oops! Dammit! I posted seconds after Jugs. Just delete post if you think it should go.

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby Matthew Notch » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:06 am

I would never! Okay, so now you all know that Shaw Clay, the most dangerous man (for now) in Sasordivad, is in the hospital.

Here are the stat points awarded:

Ozzy (5)
T.A.B.L.O. (1)
Kate the Klutzy (4)
Vladmir the Bastard (2)
Ealdgyð (1)
Milo Minderbinder (3)
Carrot the Bold (3)
Urthbert the Unclean (4)
Nudge the Not-So-Good-At-Being-A-Warrior (2)
Dana the Frazzled (2)
Ambi the Indecisive (1)
Joni (2)
Loxley (4)

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby malosaires » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:41 am

Marissa sat in Mrs. Wallace's apartment, contemplating things. She had helped the old woman clean up after the police left. In the time since, she had run some tests on her. She'd been able to conclude that the woman could not perceive her. Not simply that she was invisible, as she had lifted a table directly in front of Mrs. Wallace and she had not batted an eye. No, Mrs. Wallace, and presumably everyone else was simply unable to perceive anything she was doing.

Marissa walked up to the window and looked outside. This world was real, she thought. It had to be. This place was all that she knew. All the life she could remember happened here. She couldn't accept the dead world was her own. If this wasn't reality, she would fight for the dream over waking again in that place.

So it was decided: This world was her reality. Yet she could no longer ease her mind by confining the dead world to the realm of fantasy. It too was reality, the reality of the beast. And the beast was trying to pull her, and others, in.

She'd thought much about the previous night. About the dead world. About the man who the creature had eaten. But what she had thought most about was the fact that the creature hadn't attacked her. When it had her cornered, it walked up to her. It didn't want to eat her. It was using her. She brought people through that it could eat. She was its gateway to her world.

Down on the street below, Marissa saw a bird hit a window and fall to the ground. A short woman walked outside to look at the bird. As soon as she touched it, the bird jumped to its feet, refreshed, and flew away.

Marissa walked away from the window and marched outside. She walked down the hallway to the stairway, new determination in her stride. Marissa had to do something about the creature. Life was too beautiful to be snuffed out by something like that. She wasn't going to let that thing use her as an eating utensil.

I've got a tumblr where I write about stuff, some of which is also on this site. I've also got a few videos you might wanna check out.
malosaires
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pre-Futurist

Postby Cullenmcpimpin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Tommy had a date! He texted this girl Caroline in his geometry class, and she had said yes! She told him she would call him later, after she charged her phone. She was on the subway. He tried to get a high-five from the next guy he saw, but insted he got spit on. oh well. Nothing could ruin his mood. Then he heard an explosion and felt the ground shake. By the time he got to the subway it was to late. She was gone. Tommy was dateless again.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Our forum-mate Cullenmcpimpin
Left the ladies all lovelorn and limpin'.
His formidable size
Left the rest of the guys
To weep at their annual wimp-in.
Cullenmcpimpin
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:06 am

Jim Tiberius stepped to the edge of the roof and looked down at the street below.
It was a long drop. The chances of a regular person surviving were close to nothing. With a deep breath he stepped forward, and let himself fall.
Boy was this fun! He'd been invulnerable for a quite a while now and had to come up with an alternative to the medication that no longer worked for him. It seemed like the only solution was to keep his mind occupied. He started with puzzles and games but he lost interest quickly. Things kept escalating until they led to this: hurtling towards the concrete towards a fall that, although harmless, sent his fight or flight reflex into fits.

His fun ended abruptly when he saw a young woman looking on at his descent in horror.

"Shit," he said as he hit the ground.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:23 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:43 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:43 pm

The news was beginning to broadcast little pieces on mysterious phenomena in Sasordivad. The gifted in town were getting antsy. Slowly but surely they all became aware of each other's presence. And then, after only a little while of meeting in secret, they noticed that their numbers began to dwindle.

At first it looked like maybe people just weren't interested. But then the news ran a story on a wave of missing people, and sure enough, every one was a member of that group. The remaining members began to get nervous. A few of them had already seen the agents in town, who had all but disappeared now. But they also knew about one particularly gifted individual who had been trying to come into contact with another extremely powerful person for reasons he couldn't articulate. Indeed, Morton was never at the meetings anymore either... but he was the first to go.

It became evident that more was going on in his addled, daydreaming mind than the others had given him credit for initially. Someone had the insane idea to capture Shaw Clay and try and turn him to their side. But finally fear was enough to make them all slowly dissipate and leave town, hoping to escape from Morton, and whoever it was he was working for.

A long long time passed in which nothing happened. Life finally seemed to be returning to normal.

"Well Mr. Homoro, I think they've all left town."

"Morton, I KNOW the Eternity Bringer will be in Sasordivad. There must be someone left awakened in that city."

"I'm gonna say this again, and I don't mean to be impudent, but it would really help me if I could just see ALL the details of your dream."

"I just... I just can't, Morton. There are circumstances you don't need to know, and circumstances it may be dangerous for you to know, even. You must trust..."

"Dangerous?" Morton was more curious than ever now. Though Homoro had retainers and a headpiece to minimize psionic interaction, the fracture of trust between the two powerful men was now starting to render even these precautions impotent. Flashes of visions began to dance in Morton's brain: a crack in the Earth, turning into a chasm; the day sky growing dark, but not for clouds or dust; the necromancer Sonia, surrounded by the corpses of everyone she couldn't save; another crack in the earth, but gradually as he was lifted he could see the earth was contorted like a body with the fissure right in the center of the head; an old Japanese man and his young son screaming at him, swearing and crying, denying the old man his last request; a band of warriors in front of a huge door with a mural of Earth burning away into nothingness, and then the visions stopped. Morton didn't know what to make of them, but he didn't have long to worry about that before his mind snapped and he fell to the ground, convulsing.

"Morton!" Homoro motioned for his men to recover him and take him to a chamber to be treated by the doctor there.

A year passed before Morton recovered his senses.

So it is that a year will pass here as well. If anyone's still around and up for the game at that point, I'll bring it back to life. Thanks for playing everybody, hope to see you again.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Previous