The Turble Show # 3: A Turble CAHtastrophe

Podcasts by TCS members, particularly the Turrble show, which isn't terrible at all.

Moderator: Learned Nand

The Turble Show # 3: A Turble CAHtastrophe

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:57 am

We're back!

So first off, let me apologize for our long hiatus. The short version is JugularNotch (who created, produced, hosted, and edited the podcast) got a real job and can no longer do it. I took it over and we floundered on from there.

First, Notch had to finish with "The Raven" read by TCS members which was done way back in the Fall, during what little free time he had.

Second, I had to actually produce a podcast. This is not as easy as Notch makes it look. We had a few shows fall through from lack of availability and a couple more were lost to technical problems. It is really important that future participants test out their recording setup beforehand. Headphones are a necessity to prevent the microphone from picking up everyone else talking through the speakers.

Finally, it turns out I'm pretty terrible at sound editing. Luckily, not everyone here is. Nudge is now the editor for this and all future episodes.

The unique content of this podcast was partly due to those complications. Only three people were available for what would have been the discussion, with me the only original member of the show. Sunny had the brilliant idea to play Cards Against Humanity instead. We invited people on IRC at the time to take part.

For those unfamiliar with Cards Against Humanity:
Spoiler: show
A black card is dealt with a phrase and one or more blanks. Players anonymously submit white cards from their hand which fill in the blanks. When all players have submitted their cards or time expires, the cards are revealed. The Card Czar, who doesn't play and rotates every round, picks whichever white card(s) make the funniest answer. The winner is revealed and gets a point. For this game the first to eight points won. The cards are intended to bring out the kind of dark humor we know and love around here. And boy did we.

Table of Contents:

Intro by Bert

1:14 The Raven by DamianaRaven, BobtheZombie, Scary Mike, Strant, CmdrVimes, Bert, DangerChocomog,JugularNotch, GlassJawGirl, ButtChocolate; Produced and Edited by JugularNotch

9:09 Cards Against Humanity by Sunglasses, Andropov4 and Bert; also including NudgeNudge, Dinovader, and Gash

60:27 The Second Punic War by Typical Michael

68:04 and 71:46 Extra Segments by Sunglasses, Andropov4, and Bert

Outro by Bert

Additional Credits:

Edited (with special thanks) by NudgeNudge

Produced by Bert

Last edited by Bert on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bert
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Show rep

Re: The Turble Show #3: A Turble CAHtastrophe

Postby Readersprite » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 am

ITS FINALLY HERE!

Fantastic, everyone.

I really like it here.
Readersprite
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Thief of Blood

Postby JamesT » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 am

The Second Pubic War? Ugh. After one, I don't think I could handle another.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby JamishT » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:10 am

Am I the only one who forgot the Punic War was an actual war and assumed it was a bit about a pun battle?

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby 52xMax » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:26 am

The Punic war was to puns what the Crimean war was to crime.

No, I know that doesn't make any sense, but just pretend it was something deep and thoughtful.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:42 am

About that outtake, on the bright side Bert, at least they didn't hear you taking a shit.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 am

DangerChocomog, whom some of us know as Luke, contributed his sexy British accent to this lovely project. I am soooo immeasurably grateful to everyone who brought this poem to life with me, but we started this sometime before Halloween, so I cannot possibly remember who all is still owed a thundering round of applause. If you were a part of this production, please please come forward and take the credit you deserve. Every one of us sounded amazing, I think. Thank you, everybody... performers and listeners alike!

Incidentally, I feel I should warn everyone - noobs most particularly - that Vimes' Voice isn't exactly a harmless force of nature. Anyone with the slightest attraction to masculinity should probably be securely seated before the fifth verse starts, just in case your knees decide to quit on you. You might even want to skip over it altogether if you've got some kind of heart condition, 'cause seriously...

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Matthew Notch » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 am

Bertman wrote:

Note: The Raven readers listed are incomplete and out of order, if you can help complete it and put it in the proper order, post or PM me and I'll edit it in.

Let's do one better. A CONTEST! Who's who? In what order? I know the order and I'll tell you if you've got one right. You have to guess all of them correctly and in the correct place, though. If you win you'll get a real prize. Like a real real one. I haven't figured out what yet though.

Here's a clue: The first person is Mr. Jenna.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby DamianaRaven » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Having helped put together the lineup, I am disqualified from the contest and will post no further clues or answers. GREAT idea, Matt! You even put enough thought into it to go ahead and identify the only non-TCS member involved. It's just in there 'cause I like Justin's voice.

I think we should ask that people please not identify themselves, cause most people probably know their own voices anywhere.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 pm

I do that no one minded horribly that we played CAH. My brain was fried and this was the idea I could come up with. Otherwise it would've just been 3 of us laughing at fart jokes.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:34 am

Matthew Notch wrote:Let's do one better. A CONTEST! Who's who? In what order? I know the order and I'll tell you if you've got one right. You have to guess all of them correctly and in the correct place, though. If you win you'll get a real prize. Like a real real one. I haven't figured out what yet though.

Here's a clue: The first person is Mr. Jenna.

So no one's gonna take this up? Come on people, you can DO this! Just start guessing if you have to.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Reux » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:48 am

I was laughing throughout the CAH part, I want in next time

Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods. Lost, but not forgotten.-Wolfgang Buchner
Reux
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Fish Girl

Re: The Turble Show # 3: A Turble CAHtastrophe

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:46 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol