Suggestions

Podcasts by TCS members, particularly the Turrble show, which isn't terrible at all.

Moderator: Learned Nand

Suggestions

Postby Bert » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:36 am

TCSers big and small, gather round. I bring tidings of joy!

OK seriously now. So, you may have noticed the podcast has been on a bit of a hiatus. Unfortunately, JugularNotch is no longer able to host and edit the podcast due to getting a better offer in the form of a real job. Attempts to change his mind by doubling his salary were ineffective. This might be because the only payment we offer is wasting time. And apparently wasting twice as much time isn't what he wanted.

For his accomplishment of starting this podcast, please go give Notch rep right now. I'll wait.

Although we have podcast episode 3 recorded from last November, due to technical difficulties with the handover from Notch, we have lost key parts of the recording. Though the host segment is probably a wash, if anyone has their segment of The Raven recording saved please PM me about sending it in so we might salvage it. Apologies to CarrieVS for guest hosting that “lost episode” in vain. Go give her reps too. Right now.

Aright, down to business. This is the TCS podcast, and we want to make that more so. This thing is yours, people. Here is where you give your input. You want us to talk about something? Have an idea for a theme on the next episode? Some segment we should try out? Interested and available to co-host an episode? Figured out a better way to structure the podcast? Say it here!

Not only will we put stuff on the show, but we will bring you on to do it, prerecorded or live, if possible. That's right, I am offering you the opportunity have your creativity and talent heard by literally tens of people. So post those ideas, or PM Kate, JT and/or myself or chat with us on IRC.

Some ideas to get those creative juices flowing (ladies....) that came from our host brainstorm:

Reporting on stuff going on in the forum, such as popular threads, mafia news, latest Carping victims, etc.

After discussing something in the podcast, start a thread to continue it among the members.

Do a dramatic reading from a mafia thread

Alright, what else do you got? Post or PM, put it out there! Lets make this thing.

"Condoms are a sign of a bad relationship." -Kate

"We have been here a while. We are not clean people." -Typical Michael
Bert
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Show rep

Re: Suggestions

Postby El Coyote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 pm

If possible, I would like to be in a podcast as a co-host or guest, or something. It would a fun little thing to do.

I also think it would be cool if every once in a while, you could interview a TSCer. I think we can all agree that some of the people here have a lot of things to say, and I think it would be an interesting project that can show us different perspectives and life stories.

There once was a guy called Coyote
Whose voice was a dose of peyote
His smooth mellow tones
Caused such flutters and moans
That the chat got all rapt and emote-y
- OrangeEyebrows

The Second Part of the Western Epic by El Coyote and JamesT
El Coyote
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Son of the Desert

Postby JamesT » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:35 pm

I think Coyote'd be a great guest/co-host.

Also, I have a suggestion: If at all possible can Kate stop calling me on another line to threaten my pets while we're doing the show? It's a bit of a distraction and I don't even have any pets so it's just confusing on top of everything else.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Kate » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:36 pm

JT, JT, JT.

If you'd stop saying your lines wrong, Fluffy and Lil' Kirk would be safe and sound.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby sunglasses » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 pm

I'm down for anything, podcast wise, should my voice talkents be requested or needed. I am now off every weekend since I have a *real* daylight job and stuffs. I also have headphones now to stop fucking up everyone else's feed. There have been requests for actual topics, scary enough. And vimes, at xmas time, requested that we make some of the fake tcs songs a reality. I only have a shitty clarinet and cannot compose, so that would need to be acapella. Unless-does anyone have an old ass casio? We'll set it to samba and sing.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 am

I have like, 22 cases of free time stashed in my closet, but little organizational talent or motivation. What I lack in initiative, I make up for with panache and to the right leader, abject obedience. In any event, Notch should have a half or mostly-finished project that includes ScaryMike reading classic poetry. He's no Vimes, but you ladies will want to be sitting down with smelling salts at hand. Also, because Vimes will be there too, along with ZombieBob's bone-melting brogue, my own honeyed drawl and a delicious compilation of several other TCS regulars. Anyone interested in tasting this ear candy should join me in the following chorus:

FIN-ISH IT!
FIN-ISH IT!
FIN-ISH IT!

Last edited by DamianaRaven on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Andropov4 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 am

Provided I can do it remotely, I would be willing to take part and contribute something of my expertise, if it were ever called for and you needed someone exceptionally boring for your podcasts.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:14 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Andropov4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Gash wrote:How about a game night?

I'm going to assume that most, if not all, of the people on the podcast have never played a tabletop game. Why not have a member who has (and this TCS, there's bound to be at least one), get them on the podcast and have him or her GM the game while the podcasters play it? It'll be hilarious and you guys get to experience something new and it'll be possibly even epic.

That sounds like a ludicrously good idea.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby sunglasses » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:12 am

Gash wrote:How about a game night?

I'm going to assume that most, if not all, of the people on the podcast have never played a tabletop game. Why not have a member who has (and this TCS, there's bound to be at least one), get them on the podcast and have him or her GM the game while the podcasters play it? It'll be hilarious and you guys get to experience something new and it'll be possibly even epic.

Oh my god, yes. YES. YES, GASH.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Bert » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm totally on board with doing a tabletop game. If anyone has experience and is willing to GM a bunch of newbies please PM us so we can see about setting it up.

"Condoms are a sign of a bad relationship." -Kate

"We have been here a while. We are not clean people." -Typical Michael
Bert
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Show rep

Re: Content: Log an Idea!

Postby Midas Burroughs » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:44 am

I want to talk about an idea for a pessimistic podcast or segment. It could be called "The Downer Hour" or "Downtime" and the overall idea would be assembling a cadre of naysayers to gloom and doom about things. Current events, perhaps. Maybe pop culture. I would happily volunteer my cynicism and Andro's expressed interest as well.

Resident expert of disagreeing and fruit.
Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Advocatus Diaboli

Postby BobTheZombie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:42 am

That game idea sounds pretty cool. It'd definitely be something we should look into. With regards to the podcasts, I'll just repeat what I wrote in another section:
Spoiler: show
BobTheZombie wrote:I like the podcasts but I think they can be slightly unfocused. I'm not saying it's bad when ye go off on tangents but there does seem to be a lack of clear purpose at times. I like the banter between members and I like how members send in their own contributions but at times it does feel a little like ye aren't sure how to continue.

One suggestion I was thinking of is having a panel game show-type thing. They're very popular in the UK (and countries that watch UK TV, like Ireland) and they wouldn't be that hard to do as they rely more on the banter etc. from the panel than the actual content. You could even have actual comments from the members on stories/current events. You could have a regular host to oversee each episode (I think Notch would be my pick) and you can have regular commentators as captains (if you have teams) or just have them in general on their own like QI . You could have like a rotating roster of comment sectioneers each week. That way it's self-sustaining and each member could contribute a bit.
I realise that this wouldn't integrate new users but it would give them a reason to come to the site.

There's a lot of funny people on this forum, so I reckon it's time we start exploiting them and milk all the funny from them. Maybe the structure of the podcasts should be scripted but allow ample room for ad libbing and spontaneity.

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!" - Virginia from Dragonzball P
BobTheZombie
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pessimistic Optimist

Postby El Coyote » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:11 am

How about we also have a segment where we comment and discuss the latest article posted on this site? I also want to reiterate my enthusiasm about the podcast, let's do this!

His smooth mellow tones
- OrangeEyebrows

El Coyote
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby El Coyote » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:50 pm

I was watching this and maybe thought we could do podcasts this way.

We could record a podcast and sort of "animate" it. One volunteer resident artist or animator could create some characters based on our avatars and animate them like in this video. We could also put some complementary material about what we're talking about on screen. I know it would be a lot of work, but it would be awesome!

His smooth mellow tones
- OrangeEyebrows

El Coyote
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep