Car Review: 2016 Mercedes-Benz C300

Got a story you want to be featured on the front page / portal?

Here's where it gets done.

Moderator: Learned Nand

Re: Car Review: 2016 Mercedes-Benz C300

Postby blehblah » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:32 pm

They hold-back features, pure and simple.

A while back, when looking at what used to be called a tall stationwagon, I had a question. Being the way I am, I put it forward in a simple manner - "Why", I asked, "are you charging $15K less for the same vehicle, or from the other perspective, charging almost as much for the same vehicle, because of seat warmers?"

Her answer was, "Because this Toyota would be a Lexus, and that Lexus would not be different from this Toyota".

Fair enough... and though I didn't buy a vehicle from her, I appreciated her matter-of-fact honesty.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby blehblah » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:43 pm

blehblah wrote:They hold-back features, pure and simple.

A while back, when looking at what used to be called a tall stationwagon, I had a question. Being the way I am, I put it forward in a simple manner - "Why", I asked, "are you charging $15K less for the same vehicle, or from the other perspective, charging almost as much for the same vehicle, because of seat warmers?"

Her answer was, "Because this Toyota would be a Lexus, and that Lexus would not be different from this Toyota".

Fair enough... and though I didn't buy a vehicle from her, I appreciated her matter-of-fact honesty.

To out myself, and be very clear, I drive a fancy-pants Datsun, so please don't take this as, "Bleh is shitting all over Lexus, because... reasons". Even though I know it's the top of stupidity, I validate this market by handing my money over to the very people who I rail against.

Yup - that makes me a dumb cunt of the most hypocritical form. In some ways I am sorry, in other ways, I am not, and that makes me an even more giant ass... but once in this, there is no way out, so... yeah.

EDIT: But I am firmly not a Clarkson.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 am

blehblah wrote:They hold-back features, pure and simple.

I refer you to the late 2000s collapse of General Motors which was imo long overdue. Buick, Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile all selling the same vehicles with different interiors and slightly different exteriors with dealers cutting each others throats.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jm_brazil2 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:12 pm

I rented a BMW 840 recently (well, I actually rented a Cruze and got the pleasure of being upgraded to an 840, long story...) and felt the very same way. Great car (and by great I mean OMGIWOULDCUTOFFMYLEFTTESTICVLETOHAVETHISCAR). Very fast, but even after 15 days with this car, half of the buttons remained a mystery to me. Great article B&P, please - keep them coming! 

jm_brazil2
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby courtz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Great review beernpotatoes. Pretty awesome they flew you in to drive it. We unfortunately don't have the same kind of Merc representatives here in Australia! We actually have the 2015 model here in Sydney for our luxury cars & driving lessons business. Its been a pretty big hit, I think mostly because it just LOOKS fast doesnt it? Like you said, it has an Italian mother!Courtz Link removed - Marc

courtz
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep
Title: Mr

Previous