SQL

A repository for intrinsically valuable information

SQL

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:18 am

I'm trying to master SQL right now, and all I have right now is the basic Oracle command line. I'm curious if anyone else works with it and can recommend a program that allows you to actually view a physical representation of your tables and your database as you create them.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: SQL

Postby Pseudoman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:46 am

I recommend Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, not only does it allow you to see the relationships of your tables in the data diagram but it also allows you to interact with said diagram.
The program also makes it incredibly easy to create Tables
Overall its fairly robust, able to create simple queries by using an editor rather than having to write sql for every query, able to set up multiple users to use the database with varying permissions to what can be done. Although to pre-warn you, it was an utter pain for me to install the damn thing. That being said the reason of which can be pinned down to me upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10 (with the infamous auto-download method), while my visual studio library being installed back when I was using Windows 8. Providing you haven't done any of these things I doubt it will be as much of pain.

In the defense of Nazi's they do have a good sense of fashion.
Pseudoman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 am

I appreciate the reply, but I'm kinda married to the Oracle method right now, I want to get certified in it, so does that program work hand in hand with the Oracle SQL or is it just its own internal database program?

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby RaceProUK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:14 am

SQL Server Management Studio is only designed to work with MS SQL Server. Oracle has their own tool: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/devel ... index.html

RaceProUK
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:27 pm

RaceProUK wrote:SQL Server Management Studio is only designed to work with MS SQL Server. Oracle has their own tool: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/devel ... index.html

Oh, alright, I'll look into it. Thanks for the replies, this will really help me out.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep