Insert Tab A into Slot B-the sex ed thread

A repository for intrinsically valuable information

Insert Tab A into Slot B-the sex ed thread

Postby sunglasses » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:48 pm

It's come to my attention that some of the people in internetlandia have had very little or confusing sex education. And then we have people I shan't mention *cough* Shuai *cough* who thinks blue waffle is real. (it's not)

This thread is not about sexual practices per se such as "Hey, Sunny, is it safe for me to stick a gerbil up my ass?" (No, and no) but more "Is it true that the Nuvaring should be worn on the finger?" (No) or "My girlfriend's pubic hair has turned into living snakes-STD?" (no, she's fucking Medusa-run)

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: Insert Tab A into Slot B-the sex ed thread

Postby TwoSheds » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:55 pm

I once had a kidney stone for four months. It lasted so long I forgot about it, then it started itching every time I peed and I thought I had an STD, but I didn't. Eventually it came out and there was much rejoicing.

Fire up the tulley toggle.
TwoSheds
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Maestro

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:07 pm

So, who's this Ed person, and why does everyone want to have sex with him?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:17 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby PSTN » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:21 pm

I think it maybe you should start by going over some common myths and misconceptions. Most people are hesitant to volunteer their own ignorance at the best of times, let alone with such a touchy subject.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby ghijkmnop » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Anglerphobe » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Slot B you say? This certainly explains a lot.

Now if you'll kindly excuse me, I have some apology letters to write, and a washing machine repairman to call.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:25 pm

I'll take this opportunity to inform everyone about the clitoris, a subject the world appears to be bizarrely ignorant about.

A lot of people believe the equivalent of male arousal (erection) is the vagina becoming moist. In popular speak people use "moist" or "wet" to mean female arousal. This misconception even influences scientific studies. In studies that measure sexual arousal, they measure erection in males, but in females they usually measure wetness.

This is stupid. The female equivalent of the penis has nothing to do with the vaginal opening. The female penis is the CLITORIS. It's made from the same tissue, and it serves the same purpose. The clitoris becomes erect when aroused, and it's responsible for sexual pleasure. When studies are designed to take this fact into account, the results are different than studies which do not.

People also talk about clitoral orgasm and vaginal orgasm like they are different things, but they are not. The clitoris is actually probably larger than the penis, but it's mostly internal. It surrounds the vaginal opening. Any female orgasm is caused by stimulation of the clitoris.

Why is this important? Well, imagine if the male penis was mostly hidden inside the body and most people didn't even know what it was supposed to be for. That would be pretty weird and stupid, especially for men. I also think everyone should know "lady boner" is actually a technically correct term due to the existence of clitoral erection, because that is important.

If anyone here is young and/or doesn't know anything, this is a good website. http://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby TwoSheds » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Tesseracts wrote:The clitoris is actually probably larger than the penis, but it's mostly internal.

Tesseracts wrote:actually probably larger than the penis

Tesseracts wrote:larger than the penis

Pfft, size doesn't matter anyway. Who cares? I don't care.

TwoSheds
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:38 pm

PSTN wrote:I think it maybe you should start by going over some common myths and misconceptions. Most people are hesitant to volunteer their own ignorance at the best of times, let alone with such a touchy subject.

*cracks knuckles* Ok, here goes.

And before anyone asks, yes, I have been asked these things by real people. Mostly former patients.

1. The bladder does not "shut off" in women like it does in men during sex. Men ejaculate and urinate from the same hole. Women? No. We don't. The urethra is positioned slightly above the vagina. So yes, women can actually pee during sex.

2. You can't tell if someone has a STI just by looking. In fact, many people can have a STI and have no symptoms. So get checked. You can get checked for free at many public health offices and/or planned parenthood's.

3. Even if you're a lesbian, you can still potentially pass STIs.

4. Many medications can affect both male and female arousal, however, there are often ways to mitigate the side effects so don't just stop taking your medication. The one that is most bothersome to men tend to be with high blood pressure pills, they can sometimes have difficulty getting an erection. The solution is to take your blood pressure pills in the morning and have sex at night because by then the vasodilation effect will have worn off. Some anti-depressents can cause a delay in ejaculation or just prevent it altogether.

5. Yes, you can be allergic to latex condoms. Thankfully, there are polyurethane ones available.

6. Buy a box of Trojan condoms. Open them up. Now look at the cartoon inside the box on how to use/apply said condoms. It's fucking hilairous.

7. Women shouldn't douche. Seriously. It can cause all sorts of problems and isn't healthy. Also, douching does not prevent pregnancy.

8. If you take monthly birth control pills, you need to take them every day. You can't just take them when you decide you're having sex.

9. The hospital pregnancy tests aren't any different then the ones you get at the dollar store. Don't go to the ER just for a pregnancy test.

10. Mountain Dew does not a. kill sperm b. prevent pregnancy. Stop drinking it.

11. Water is horrible lube. Sex in a hot tub/pool/shower is for movies only. And yes, you still can get a STI when you're in water.

12. Having sex with multiple sex partners or having lots of sex does not make a woman "loose." There can be temporary relaxing of vaginal muscles after having extended sex, but this is temporary. The only thing that actually can affect vaginal tightness permanently is having a baby. Also, vaginas come in all shapes and sizes. So do labias. So do testes and penises.

13. ATM is a horrible, horrible idea. So much bacteria. And the amount of diseases that can potentially be transmitted...GAH. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, stay that way. You'll be happier.

14. Sex really does not effectively count as exercise.

15. There are not actually 2000 calories in one load of semen.

16. Drinking or douching with bleach will not prevent/kill STIs.

17. Lubrication is not necessarily a sign of how much you are desired. A number of factors can affect this including how much caffeine you've had, if you've drank enough water, time in cycle, age, anxiety, booze.

18. Yes, you can get pregnant during your period.

19. Sex toys need to be washed to prevent infections.

20. Peeing after sex will not prevent pregnancy, but it will prevent UTIs.

21. For the love of god, no you should not use a sandwich bag or saran wrap as a condom. Condoms are also meant to be single use.

22. Vasectomies do not cause impotence.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:33 pm

sunglasses wrote:7. Women shouldn't douche. Seriously. It can cause all sorts of problems and isn't healthy. Also, douching does not prevent pregnancy.

What should a woman do about that not-so-fresh feeling? I'm accustomed to douching once a month - vinegar and water - right after my period, but if you say that's not helping, I'll believe you and knock it off.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby TwoSheds » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:38 pm

sunglasses wrote:13. ATM is a horrible, horrible idea. So much bacteria. And the amount of diseases that can potentially be transmitted...GAH.

What about if, hypothetically, you are an ass man and your girlfriend has a great one and you like getting your face all up in there? Not like right on the actual, erm, hole, but kind of around it? Is that bad? Hypothetically?

TwoSheds
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:44 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:
sunglasses wrote:7. Women shouldn't douche. Seriously. It can cause all sorts of problems and isn't healthy. Also, douching does not prevent pregnancy.

What should a woman do about that not-so-fresh feeling? I'm accustomed to douching once a month, right after my period but if you say that's not helping, I'll believe you and knock it off.

Fact is, that douching can cause all sorts of problems and can cause an odor to begin with by throwing the body out of whack. Heh, whack. If it's become habit, it may be hard to break. Here's some more in depth reading. As for not feeling fresh? Maybe a nice bath when your menses is over? With some bath oil, candles, make it a little you time.

TwoSheds wrote:
sunglasses wrote:13. ATM is a horrible, horrible idea. So much bacteria. And the amount of diseases that can potentially be transmitted...GAH.

What about if, hypothetically, you are an ass man and your girlfriend has a great one and you like getting your face all up in there? Not like right on the actual, erm, hole, but kind of around it? Is that bad? Hypothetically?

The real concern would be if you actually engaged in rimming. Things like shigella and giardia are fecal to oral transmitted microbes.

Oooh, and on that point gentlemen and ladies at no time should any object go from the anus to the vagina. This is a set up for infections.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:48 pm

This might sound gross, but masturbating really does help with menstrual cramps, at least for me.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Sexual activity can allieviate or help with cramps for some women. This is a fact. So can aerobic exercise.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Next