I don't know how to shave

A repository for intrinsically valuable information

Re: I don't know how to shave

Postby Sekhmet » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Recently women shaving their face has become a new beauty trend, actuality it is a trend going back to the golden age of Hollywood. It was used to make the actress’s base appear smother on film but now it’s supposed to make you look more youthful because something something exfoliation, something something collagen production.

So by shaving you face you are following in the glamorous footsteps of old Hollywood.

So remember, If the women don’t find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. –Red Green
Sekhmet
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Aquila89 wrote:That's why I have a beard; I was never fully satisfied with the results of shaving. There was always some hair left. (Well, that and I'm too lazy to shave every day). Of course, for women this is a less available option.

This.

Also, I actually like girls with mustaches and sideburns but since 1. I'm weird, 2. you're probably doing this for yourself, and 3. the hair is on your chin, this probably doesn't help you.

Have you considering doing the laser zappy thing? When I hit puberty, I developed a unibrow, which I plucked into two eyebrows. My mother thought that that was an unhealthy habit, since I'm mildly trichotillomanic (though not nearly as bad as the first picture in that link), so she took me to a friend of hers who was a dermotologist or cosmotologist or something and zapped the middle of my forehead with lasers a couple of times. I haven't been mistaken for a werewolf since.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby SamuraiChicken » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:19 pm

So in the name of full disclosure, I grow hair all over my body. ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.

I know what you're thinking, and yes, I DO look like a wookie. My only saving grace is the fact that most of my body hair is blonde. Well, that and being a guy means I don't have to worry about body hair as much as ladies. My facial hair also grows at a ridiculous rate, we're talking about Homer Simpson-style freshly shaven 5 o'clock shadow fast.

I used electric razors exclusively until I was in my early twenties, as I always had access to one and I was rather nervous of using a regular bladed razor due to years of media exposure of men cutting themselves while shaving. It wasn't until I became a Nursing Assistant and HAD to use a razor on patients' faces that I learned how to use one.

One last note: If you are hairy, don't ever try to shave your body hair to say, impress a lady. You'll spend the next several weeks scratching your chest and pubes like you're a crackhead with crabs. Just let your locks run free!

PSN: SamuraiChicken
SamuraiChicken
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Level 70 Poultry Kensai

Postby AboveGL » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:37 pm

This is after this evening's straight razor shave. Obviously, I need to practise more, but it won't look so bad tomorrow morning. And hey, baby bottom smooth! That's just terminology used in the shaving world but I might coin "baby bottom smooth and fucking raw!". I'm glad because my beard was making me feel very uncomfortable.

.facebook_1443731496349.jpg
.facebook_1443731496349.jpg (43.31 KiB) Viewed 9185 times

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:34 pm

SamuraiChicken wrote:One last note: If you are hairy, don't ever try to shave your body hair to say, impress a lady. You'll spend the next several weeks scratching your chest and pubes like you're a crackhead with crabs. Just let your locks run free!

And also this...

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Knicholas » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:24 pm

cmsellers wrote:
Aquila89 wrote:That's why I have a beard; I was never fully satisfied with the results of shaving. There was always some hair left. (Well, that and I'm too lazy to shave every day). Of course, for women this is a less available option.

This.

Also, I actually like girls with mustaches and sideburns but since 1. I'm weird, 2. you're probably doing this for yourself, and 3. the hair is on your chin, this probably doesn't help you.

Have you considering doing the laser zappy thing? When I hit puberty, I developed a unibrow, which I plucked into two eyebrows. My mother thought that that was an unhealthy habit, since I'm mildly trichotillomanic (though not nearly as bad as the first picture in that link), so she took me to a friend of hers who was a dermotologist or cosmotologist or something and zapped the middle of my forehead with lasers a couple of times. I haven't been mistaken for a werewolf since.

Necro this thread to add that female facial hair can be attractive. Anyone who thinks otherwise, well, let me present exhibit A:

Spoiler: show

Also a painter.

Personally, I have a beard that has more to do with not having time to shave in the mornings. I've resisted any kind of shaving or trimming, for example, of my eyebrows. I actually like thick eyebrows.

Knicholas
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Windy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:47 pm

wtf women can grow mustaches and sideburns?

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:55 pm

"Most of the time, women have fine hair above the lips and on the chin, chest, abdomen, or back. The growth of coarse dark hairs in these areas (more typical of male-pattern hair growth) is called hirsutism."

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Knicholas » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:29 pm

sunglasses wrote:"Most of the time, women have fine hair above the lips and on the chin, chest, abdomen, or back. The growth of coarse dark hairs in these areas (more typical of male-pattern hair growth) is called hirsutism."

My daughter has expressed some concern that she will have a unibrow. I've told her that she comes from a long line of thick, luxuriant eyebrows, and she should not worry. The best approach is to embrace her hairitage.

Knicholas
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:33 pm

Or get used to pain.

Because tweezing, waxing, threading-it all hurts.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:26 pm

And the ingrown hairs and skin infections. Or is that just me?

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby sunglasses » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Not just you.

In fact, here's a video about how to extract them.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Knicholas » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Sister Morphine wrote:And the ingrown hairs and skin infections. Or is that just me?

I used to get those on my legs, sometimes.

Knicholas
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon May 15, 2017 12:35 am

I got rid of my hair, but it wasn't by shaving. I started getting laser hair treatment. I was reluctant to do it because I've tried it many times in the past without results. I wasn't getting very good results this time either, until my endocrinologist put me on metformin to treat PCOS. One of the symptoms of PCOS is excessive hair growth. As soon as I began taking this drug, the hair I lasered off stopped growing back. My voice also became higher and my appetite has decreased, which are both also relevant to PCOS. So if anyone has this issue I thought you should know this.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:54 am

So, um, upper thighs and backs of legs. They're, uh, kind of a bit stubborn.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

PreviousNext