Ask a nurse

A repository for intrinsically valuable information

Re: Ask a nurse

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:55 am

sunglasses wrote:Hmm, it's possible you did clench them in your sleep.

Do you clench or tighten your muscles when you're stressed?

Yeah but this has never happened to me before. My arms ache also.

The nurse said it's not a blot clot or diabetes. Blot clots are usually lower legs not upper. She said it might be the symptom of a cold. I'm concerned it's Lyme again.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby sunglasses » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Understandable concern. If it continues to happen.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Lindvaettr » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Ms. Glasses, I made a foolish mistake today. I did a 13 mile run yesterday, and figured today I should take it easy, so I was just going to do my standard 4-5 miles. Halfway through, at my normal turnaround point, I was feeling pretty good, so I ended up going another 1.5 miles each way, for a total of 8. By mile 6 or so, my knee was suffering some pain. It was coming and going, and mostly my legs were just tired at that point, so I finished up going pretty slowly. After sitting down for a few minutes before going for a short walk (to avoid blood clots and such after distance running), I stood up only to find that my right knee (or rather, my IT band right next to my knee) was hurting really bad. The walk helped loosen it up while I was walking, but still it goes back to being very painful if I sit or stand in one place for even a minute or two and then try moving it again.

My initial thought is to foam-roller the shit out of it, put ice on it, and walk around every few minutes to keep it loosened up. Is this wise, or should I just do ice and rest? To follow up, is there a good way to handle IT band stuff like this long term? Again as an initial guess, I would think foam-roller + daily wall sits or something similar, but if you have any advice in this area, I'd love to hear it.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Will fatty liver lead to any complications when it comes to transitioning? I've read that spiro and patches are alright to take but androcur is out of the question. Is that at all accurate?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby sunglasses » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:46 pm

HOOLY SHIT, CJ I'm sorry! I never saw your question! How are your legs feeling today?

As for fatty liver-it really depends on the individual. Just having fatty liver doesn't mean your LFTs and liver function is impaired. So, you'd have to check with your doctor when the time came.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:25 pm

sunglasses wrote:HOOLY SHIT, CJ I'm sorry! I never saw your question! How are your legs feeling today?

No worries! My knee's fine now. I figured it's likely caused by lower-than-necessary inner thigh endurance, so I've started doing those wall sits where you don't actually use a wall, but just sit in the air. I don't know what they're called. Anyway, hopefully they'll begin to be effective shortly.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:Will fatty liver lead to any complications when it comes to transitioning? I've read that spiro and patches are alright to take but androcur is out of the question. Is that at all accurate?

Weight loss may reverse the fatty liver and also cause you to gain future weight in different areas.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 pm

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:25 pm

I think I am growing a moustache. I used to be hooked on chapstick and apply copious amounts every night. I stopped about two weeks ago and now I am growing a moustache I think. Any chance this is related and I cam go back to pre-moustachio'd days?

If not can I do anything to reverse This while its still pretty unnoticeable?

Gosh I am so embarrassed :(

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby sunglasses » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 pm

Pumpkin, chapstick will have no effect on facial hair.

But hormones do. And age, and some medical conditions.

This coming from someone who just finished waxing her lovely peach fuzz into points. Ha-HA. No seriously, I've had a mustache since I was a teenager and hate it. I bleach it, wax it, and have threaded it.

Eventually, I just learned to live with it because it's not like it's dark black and because I rub it in my brother's face that i can grow more of a mustache then he can.

So, if you've never had noticeable facial hair before and you're getting it now, your options are somewhat limited. Cosmetically, you can get do it yourself wax strips at a number of stores and even at some grocers.

For more info on meds that could cause this or medical issues: https://www.askdoctork.com/what-causes- ... 1209032898

I also like this bleaching cream.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:37 pm

The doctor can’t draw blood and fucked up my arm.

Spoiler: show
0461E07F-34CE-4900-BB31-5D9A77E35232.jpeg
0461E07F-34CE-4900-BB31-5D9A77E35232.jpeg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 8025 times

Update: I called her and she said it's "normal." It's never happened to me before.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:59 am

Give it a day or two. That's not the worst blown vein I've seen. If its very uncomfortable you can apply some warm compresses

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:28 am

I made and ate a PBJ without realizing that the loaf had some mold spots on the crust. I do not know if the slice I ate had mold, but I should be fine regardless...right?

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:52 pm

I was walking around in the garden and decided out of the blue to do one armed pull-ups (haven't done them in ages and my other hand had a blister so otherwise I would be out of action). Anyway I pulled myself up, was able to do it after a lot of strain but when I stopped and began letting go of the bar I suddenly had for a split second a sharp pain in my head which vanished as fast as it came.

Am I dying or dead?

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby sunglasses » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:36 pm

You probably held your breath, Jim.

You'll live, JaT

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

PreviousNext