The Car Thread.

A repository for intrinsically valuable information

Re: The Car Thread.

Postby cmsellers » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:27 am

A long time ago, in middle or high school, my friend dragged me to one of the Fast and Furious sequels. (This was an autistic friend I met through social skills group, and I went because it's good social skills to do things you have no interest in doing with other human peoples.) I was lost from like thirty seconds in until the end.

So:

A. What the fuck was going on in that movie I saw?
B. How realistic was it, really?
C. From the perspective of a car person, why would anyone who wasn't dragged there by an autistic friend watch those movies?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby JamishT » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:53 am

Oh man, I love the Fast & The Furious movies. They've gotten more and more out of hand with each movie, but I find them entertaining nonetheless. Except Tokyo Drift, that one is a pile of garbage. But yeah, sweet cars, sweeter jumps, girls, sass, explosions, huge plot holes, and the dumbest plot twists. They're great!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:30 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:Thanks, but us New Jerseyans have been declared legally too stupid to pump our own gas. It sounds like that would be a problem with every car of that model though, wouldn't it? I can't seem to find many other reports of this happening...

Whaaaaat there's a state that's full service only? Note to self: Do not stop to refuel in New Jersey.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 pm

iMURDAu wrote:
jbobsully11 wrote:Thanks, but us New Jerseyans have been declared legally too stupid to pump our own gas. It sounds like that would be a problem with every car of that model though, wouldn't it? I can't seem to find many other reports of this happening...

Whaaaaat there's a state that's full service only? Note to self: Do not stop to refuel in New Jersey.

Oregon was like that, too, until fairly recently. Now it seems you can pump your own gas at night if you're in a town of <40,000 people there.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:26 am

How much should a pair of gas-struts cost me? For the tailgate. Should I try getting the same brand as the previous one or will any do as long as they can take the weight?

Finally is it possible to fix without replacing?

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Previous