Bellona: A Game, Maybe

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Bellona: A Game, Maybe

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Anyone have any ideas why my character is morbidly afraid of the Park? It could just be irrational I suppose, but given Tablo's post I wonder if maybe there's something she half-remembers or subconsciously remembers.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Australia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:31 pm

The beauty of Bellona is anything could have happened to you there. A creature or cosmic event may have scarred you for life. Maybe it was a guy with an ass for a head or that's where all the Jehovah's Witnesses hang out since the event. Or maybe you saw Arnold there one day, practicing his stand-up routine. That would scare anyone away.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Albatross727 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Evening all, apologies for my absence. I gather some has need of a ring in my possession...

I didn't choose the furry life, the furry life chose me.
Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: TCS Birdmaster General

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Hey, long time no post. Sorry. I will get a post up, with the next map change, by the end of the day. If I don't, someone come on IRC and slap me until I do.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Australia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:13 pm

No need, Carrie. I'm at your door now. Why are your curtains closed?

Anyway, hopefully people are just busy with Hate Week. Arnold's died at least three times now and I really hope somebody reacts and destroys the zombie Feller before it's too late.

(I'm going GTA on Bellona and completely ignoring all missions. Considering Arnold's current state, I don't think a hungry zombie would be concerned with such trivial matters. And what is Bellona if not a realistic game with some semblance of verisimilitude?

Hey, I said that with a straight face. Neat. Oh, I ruined it by confessing. Why do I always do that?)

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby ButtChocolate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I'll get back in there next week- yeah, Hate Week has been pulling people away from Bellona, and I dropped off a week before because it really does take that much effort to keep Bert Shoclait from horribly maiming himself in the Haunted House- but I'll get back in there when Hate week ends. Once Dirk and Big.Bird get what they need from the clinic and hardware store they're going to restore the city's water supply- though I think Arnold was attacking us last I remember...

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:24 pm

I've been assuming, since LaoWai hasn't said we're barking up the wrong tree, that I was right about the battery and scorpion combination to infiltrate the gang. But apparently we were going to get a PM if we were right, so I'm not sure. If we weren't supposed to be able to infiltrate the gang with our combination, tell me and I'll edit my post.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:46 pm

So the zombies have a natural predator now. Is that in addition to the lions and ocelots?

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby LaoWai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Well, that's from Butts' wish there. However people want to interpret it is fine by me: more wildcats, the aliens from the Predator series, humans that cause zombies to suffer from horrible gas and explode when eaten...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that we may wind up with a situation where we release frogs to kill off a plague of insects, then snakes to kill off the plague of snakes, then honey badgers to kill off the plague of snakes, etc.

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 pm

btw, it's not at all important but my first wish was just everyone is blind. I don't quite know what 'all the time' would mean - can you be blind on a part-time basis? It was just part of the sentence the wish was in. On account of I was effectively blind at that time because of being in the dark.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby ButtChocolate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:52 pm

LaoWai wrote:AboveGL receives two points for using the creative strategy of never entering the game to distract the Scorpions, thus sparing other players' lives.

Nominees for the next granted wish are as follow:

15) The zombies have sort sort of natural predator.

Original post: LaoWai rolled 1d20:

LaoWai wrote:Well, that's from Butts' wish there. However people want to interpret it is fine by me: more wildcats, the aliens from the Predator series, humans that cause zombies to suffer from horrible gas and explode when eaten...

I vote for the good ol' Jamaican Space Lizard variety. Gives us license to quote Ahnold, and to a lesser extent Gary Busey and Danny Glover.

Also, I'd love it if when all the dust settled, AboveGl somehow won the game with his 2 points but having never played.

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby Australia » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Well, I hope you're happy, Butts. What a selfish, selfish wish. You're lucky it was activated on time or it would have been up to the die which one of us would die. (Nope, that couldn't have been worded better).

I may have taken a rather broad interpretation of the original Predator, but maybe that's just what it looks like from a zombie's perspective, or indeed Arnold's senile mind. I don't see Arnold coming back from this (fourth death's the charm), barring some sort of seance or Bellonian time ripple, but good luck in your dystopia, suckers.

Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby LaoWai » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Arnold will be sorely missed in Bellona.

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby NudgeNudge » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 pm

A question about the second mission (the one with the fight in the factory, I think it's the second):

Have I won yet? I think I defeated Tablo. Do I have to wait for another contender, or something?

I know I should be fixing the water valve, but I hate leaving stuff unresolved.

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby LaoWai » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:09 am

Yes, Tablo has been defeated. As soon as two contenders knowingly roll-off, whoever gets the higher roll wins. If you want to win the mission as a whole, you either have to wait for other contenders or figure out a way to lure them to the meat packing plant. (Making a trail of Reese's Pieces would probably work for at least a few of our players; shiny objects would probably work well, too.)

Right now, the standings are basically "NudgeNudge>Tablo." If you fight with someone else and lose, the standings become "New Contender>NudgeNudge>Tablo"; fight and win and it's "NudgeNudge>New Contender and Tablo." If Tablo fights someone and wins, it becomes "NudgeNudge>Tablo>NewContender." Basically, then, it's a rank system.

Remember to try and communicate with other players regarding fights, since the only major rewards will be a few points and hopefully a hilarious slap-stick fight or two.

LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Previous