Today I Wondered

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Today I Wondered

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 am

Because he's not an Octopus or someone would've noticed by now. Emperor's New Clothes type deal.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Twistappel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:58 pm

octoberpumpkin wrote:What are armadillos up to lately?

Spreading leprosy, apparently.

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby Piter Lauchy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:31 pm

If "awesome" describes something very good and "awful" something very bad, what exactly is aw(e)? Those words imply that having a bit of aw(e) is good, but being full of it isn't.

Also, if you got beat up, shouldn't you be upbeat?

english u so silly

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:If "awesome" describes something very good and "awful" something very bad, what exactly is aw(e)? Those words imply that having a bit of aw(e) is good, but being full of it isn't.

english u so silly

I always wondered about the first one, too, so I looked it up. Apparently "awful" came a few hundred years earlier and originally did roughly mean "inspiring awe," but gradually drifted closer to "inspiring dread." Then people needed a word to mean "inspiring awe," so "awesome" came about. Also, "-some" doesn't necessarily mean "having a bit of."

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby RatElemental » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:20 am

Piter Lauchy wrote:If "awesome" describes something very good and "awful" something very bad, what exactly is aw(e)? Those words imply that having a bit of aw(e) is good, but being full of it isn't.

english u so silly

Also beating somebody up and beating somebody down mean roughly the same thing, they're just degrees of one another.

You just started to
Read the Haiku that you have
Just finished reading
RatElemental
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:43 am

Being up for something and being down to do something is the same thing as well, isn't it?

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Yeah but context plays a part in that. Normally you wouldn't hear "I'm up for robbing a bank", you'd hear "I'm down to rob a bank". Down usually implies doing an activity with others yet if you were to hear "I'm up to fuck" that would certainly imply that a person would like to involve others.

I think, at least. I'm not language experts here.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:25 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Yeah but context plays a part in that. Normally you wouldn't hear "I'm up for robbing a bank", you'd hear "I'm down to rob a bank". Down usually implies doing an activity with others yet if you were to hear "I'm up to fuck" that would certainly imply that a person would like to involve others.

I think, at least. I'm not language experts here.

Today I wondered who Bret Hart was in your signature and I came across this.

On February 1, 2016, Hart announced through a Facebook post that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.[243] Jim Ross claimed on March 2, 2016 that Hart had beaten the disease following successful surgery and that it appeared not to have spread to other areas of his body

Probably time to change that signature.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 pm

That's great news. I'm only.... 10 months behind the times!

But really I'm glad he's doing well because I was afraid my signature change would result from him dying.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby Maize » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 am

Today I wondered why do some people post pointless responses to product questions?

I was skimming through product questions on Amazon, and I regularly see stuff like this:

Q: Does the appliance have a long cord?
A: I don't know, sorry

Or this:

Q: Is this a good vibrator?
A: I only used it to massage my back.

What's the reason behind this? Why waste your time submitting that when it does not answer the damn question? Is there some kind of reward on Amazon that I'm not aware of for responding to a lot of people? I just don't get it.

Maize
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:27 am

Maize wrote:Today I wondered why do some people post pointless responses to product questions?

I was skimming through product questions on Amazon, and I regularly see stuff like this:

Q: Does the appliance have a long cord?

Or this:

Q: Is this a good vibrator?
A: I only used it to massage my back.

What's the reason behind this? Why waste your time submitting that when it does not answer the damn question? Is there some kind of reward on Amazon that I'm not aware of for responding to a lot of people? I just don't get it.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby cmsellers » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

Apparently 80% of people have deviated septums, which can cause all sorts of problems, many of which I have. Sleep apnea I attributed to being fat, and sneezing to the photic sneeze reflex, but propensity for nosebleeds and poor sense of smell have been issues all my life and don't seem to be mostly an issue with light. Is my septum deviant and if so is it worth sending it to a septum conversion camp?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:31 am

Wonders what iMURDAu will do if Bret the Hitman Hart suddenly dies now.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:40 am

I wonder how many people I could convince that we don't celebrate Christmas in Australia.

164111_183308738347798_8310586_n.jpg
164111_183308738347798_8310586_n.jpg (27.73 KiB) Viewed 5989 times

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby cmsellers » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:08 am

Better than that: try to convince them that you celebrate it on 25 June because that's winter down there. I think people are more likely to believe that because most people have at least heard that the seasons in Oz are opposite ours and it sounds plausible, what with Christmas originating as a pagan celebration of the winter solstice.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

PreviousNext