Today I Wondered

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Today I Wondered

Postby Grimstone » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 am

octoberpumpkin wrote:I was thinking the bus itself is just full of kittens.

What an adorable tragedy you've come up with.

Last edited by Grimstone on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:02 am

JamishT wrote:And then one [kitten] would crawl under the brake pedal while another distracts you. Then it would be very very sad.

Sir Terry Pratchett wrote:Animals loose in cars are never a good idea. Goats are generally the worse, but until you've had a tortoise stuck under your brake pedal you've never known the meaning of fear.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:09 pm

What if Donald Trump picked someone else from television to be his running mate instead of an actual politician?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Twistappel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:02 pm

iMURDAu wrote:What if Donald Trump picked someone else from television to be his running mate instead of an actual politician?

Even though he's not American, I feel like that person should be Jeremy Clarkson.

You say "New World Order" "communist echo chamber" like it's a bad thing.

The TCSer formerly known as "Sister Morphine’
Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Failed the Turing Test

Postby Anglerphobe » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:07 pm

I can't see Trump picking a running mate who's taller than he is.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Twistappel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Fair point.

Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:44 pm

I dunno, I used to watch a lot of Jeremy Clarkson stuff, and I didn't get the impression of the vicious, petty minded malevolence you would need to be a Trump running mate. Grumpy, uncouth old arsehole? Definitely. Potential number two to a fascist, xenophobic, and likely murderous leader? Not really.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Matthew Notch » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:40 am

Okay, here's something that now won't leave my mind, and I merely ask you all to please be patient with me as I muddle through the logic of this conundrum:

So, Sylvie said something in a thread about trans characters in video games, in that she would probably just write a character that's biologically female in the first place since, to her, a transgendered man to woman would just be, simply, a woman. And I read that and my reflex was to say, "Yeah, so would a transgendered woman." And then it occurred to me that there was surely a reason forward thinking youths are determined to include a transgendered individual in their stories, and specifically pointing that out, making that aspect of their gender apparent, even though to my mind, a truly progressive view would be to make that aspect of her gender secondary. Or, perhaps, to only make any big fuss over it if her identity directly affected her actions in a way that being female from birth wouldn't. Surely that reason exists.

So... what is it?

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby Grimstone » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:01 am

Matthew Notch wrote:Okay, here's something that now won't leave my mind, and I merely ask you all to please be patient with me as I muddle through the logic of this conundrum:

So, Sylvie said something in a thread about trans characters in video games, in that she would probably just write a character that's biologically female in the first place since, to her, a transgendered man to woman would just be, simply, a woman. And I read that and my reflex was to say, "Yeah, so would a transgendered woman." And then it occurred to me that there was surely a reason forward thinking youths are determined to include a transgendered individual in their stories, and specifically pointing that out, making that aspect of their gender apparent, even though to my mind, a truly progressive view would be to make that aspect of her gender secondary. Or, perhaps, to only make any big fuss over it if her identity directly affected her actions in a way that being female from birth wouldn't. Surely that reason exists.

So... what is it?

I think if I was born a man in a woman's body or a woman in a man's body that this would have a major impact on my life in a way that being born a man in a man's body/woman in a woman's body wouldn't.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 pm

My wife and I get offers all the time. Credit cards, car loans, magazine subs, etc.

Why are no mortgage lenders beating down our door? Our bank sends us a credit card offer twice a month. They used to call us about it until we made them stop. But we have to approach them about a mortgage? We're perfect candidates ffs. We're renting, make a decent amount of money, qualify for first homebuyer loans, and have a very high credit score. Now this sounds like a plea to steal my identity. Shit.

I'm just wondering why there isn't a service that seeks out potential homebuyers and markets to them. If a bank loan officer knocked on my door I'd let them in. If they called I'd return the call. If they sent an email I'd reply. There are people who want a house but don't even know that they could possibly get in one. All the information is there but you have to seek it out yourself.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby Twistappel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Because there has been a significant crackdown on home loans in the wake of the housing market collapse, but finance for cars etc is still a booming and largely unregulated industry?

Twistappel
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Cars yes, maybe, idk, but from what I just read there's a problem with a certain bank and how they used customers cards.

Wells Fargo opens unauthorized accounts for their customers to hit sales targets and they get a fine. I'm guessing fees will be raised in order to offset the financial hit of this fine. Double fuck the customer!

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:08 am

iMURDAu wrote:Cars yes, maybe, idk, but from what I just read there's a problem with a certain bank and how they used customers cards.

Wells Fargo opens unauthorized accounts for their customers to hit sales targets and they get a fine. I'm guessing fees will be raised in order to offset the financial hit of this fine. Double fuck the customer!

I covered that in my very recently uploaded video! SELF-PROMO!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:53 pm

How long will it be until there's a generation of kids named after Youtubers?

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby mancityfooty » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Grimstone wrote:I wonder what the inner monologue of a person would be like if they never learned a language. Would they come up with their own internal language? Would it just be grunting and other primitive sounds?

Kinda OT, people blind from birth make the same hand gestures as the sighted.
http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/releases/seeing-isnt-required-to-gesture-like-a-native-speaker.html

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

PreviousNext