What's your American wizarding house?

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: What's your American wizarding house?

Postby Malfeasinator » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:06 am

I take a lot of quizzes and end up as the Dark Lord of whatever a lot. I think it's not a moral thing, it's just that I don't have a lot of friends and but I have the "will to power" like nobody's business.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby Irishjava » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Ravenclaw/Wampus(body). I had absolutely no clue what a Wampus was, but it seems like it's some sort of souped up nigh-invincible cougar? Between that and the Thunderbird house, I'm kind of excited for the new, metal as fuck direction these houses are taking.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:47 am

Tesseracts wrote:I'm also a Thunderbird, which seems cooler than Gryffindor.

It is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(mythology)

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby Bromo » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:49 am

Sister Morphine wrote:I got "Horned Serpent". Which is apparently "mind". Which I'm OK with.

Also, I got Gryffindor for my Hogwarts house. Can I get a do-over on that? Because fuck Gryffindor. Seriously.

Huff! Gryffindor doesn't need that kind of attitude anyway.

Last edited by Bromo on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:36 pm

I've been a Ravenclaw for some time, and now I'm also a Pukwudgie.

Other than poison arrows and healing, I'm not sure what Pukwudgies are good for, and in the long years since my days of blissful youth, I've forgotten what Ravenclaws have, other than the best color and the best animal.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby AveryGlendale » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie.

Can't say I'm surprised.

SQUAAAAAAK
AveryGlendale
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: Starship Captain(?)

Postby Kate » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Gryffindor/Thunderbird for me.

I do not know anything about Thunderbird, but I was a little bummed about getting Gryffindor. I always figured I was Hufflepuff. I should have known, though, since Hufflepuffs are hard workers and I'm pretty lazy. Just like a Gryffindor...

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby Marcuse » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:34 pm

I got Slytherin and Horned Serpent. Unsurprising.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:40 pm

Marcuse wrote:I got Slytherin and Horned Serpent. Unsurprising.

YEAH BABY!

clever.gif
clever.gif (732.87 KiB) Viewed 7724 times

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby SlayerGoddess » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:05 pm

I got Horned Serpent for my Ilvermorny house. I have the mind of a scholar!
"Named by Isolt Sayre after the great horned river serpent that has a jewel set into its forehead; Horned Serpent house is sometimes considered to represent the mind of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Horned Serpent favours scholars." -Pottermore

I did my Hogwarts sorting first, and I'm a Hufflepuff.
Newt Scamander, the author of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", was also in there, and I do love magizoology, or zoology of any kind. I've always had a deep love for animals, and a keen interest in researching their behavior.

I had a feeling I'd be either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

I survived watching "50 Shades of Grey" for TCS Movie Night

3/7/15

NEVER FORGET
SlayerGoddess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: HER

Postby Piter Lauchy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Hogwarts:
Slytherin. Took the test a few years ago and got Slytherin, too. Wasn't happy about it then, am not happy about it now. I always thought of myself being halfway between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. And all the "Hey, Slytherin isn't so bad because [reasons]" talk won't distract me from the fact that there isn't a single Slytherin in the books who isn't a ginormous asshole one way or the other. Maybe it's do with my name. The original Merlin was in Slytherin too, after all.

Ilvermorny:
Wampus. Pretty cool, but also really unfitting. I consider my mind, heart and soul way more important than my body. Also, "Warrior"? I wish.

Check out my sweet wand, though:
Spoiler: show
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (21.79 KiB) Viewed 7650 times

laurel
It is said that a laurel wand cannot perform a dishonourable act, although in the quest for glory (a not uncommon goal for those best suited to these wands), I have known laurel wands perform powerful and sometimes lethal magic. Laurel wands are sometimes called fickle, but this is unfair. The laurel wand seems unable to tolerate laziness in a possessor, and it is in such conditions that it is most easily and willingly won away. Otherwise, it will cleave happily to its first match forever, and indeed has the unusual and engaging attribute of issuing a spontaneous lightning strike if another witch or wizard attempts to steal it.

Phoenix
This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Considering all of the above, not only would I be a *~speshul snowflake~* but also a goddamn badass if this universe was real. Man, fuck reality.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Slughorn isn't an asshole. He's the token good guy. Also the people in this thread aren't assholes.

I like Snape, although he is pretty up there on the asshole scale.

One thing you should keep in mind is the original books are written from the point of view of Harry Potter, and he has a problem with Slytherin.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Piter Lauchy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:15 pm

Tesseracts wrote:Slughorn isn't an asshole. He's the token good guy. Also the people in this thread aren't assholes.

I like Snape, although he is pretty up there on the asshole scale.

One thing you should keep in mind is the original books are written from the point of view of Harry Potter, and he has a problem with Slytherin.

Slughorn directly helped Riddle become nearly immortal and later lied about it in a really pathetic way. He also gives off a really creepy vibe, in my opinion. I don't think he's much better than Wormtail.
People in this thread are exempt from my statement; I included "in the books" in it.

And yeah, they're written from Harry's perspective but unless that means that he experienced a different reality from others, it doesn't change the fact that all Slytherins act like assholes.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:20 pm

*drowns Piter in lake. Erases browser history and alters it to make it seem like he was ashamed of viewing midget-horse erotica*

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Kate » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:Slughorn directly helped Riddle become nearly immortal and later lied about it in a really pathetic way. He also gives off a really creepy vibe, in my opinion. I don't think he's much better than Wormtail.
People in this thread are exempt from my statement; I included "in the books" in it.

And yeah, they're written from Harry's perspective but unless that means that he experienced a different reality from others, it doesn't change the fact that all Slytherins act like assholes.

If you think about it, everyone is experiencing a different reality; Harry is prone to bias and it's very possible he is selectively hearing about the bad and ignoring the good without even being aware of it. You meet people irl who think and genuinely believe similar things about people based on race, gender, or creed.

Turns out Harry Potter is a wizard racist.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

PreviousNext