What's your American wizarding house?

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: What's your American wizarding house?

Postby Marcuse » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Kate wrote:
Piter Lauchy wrote:Slughorn directly helped Riddle become nearly immortal and later lied about it in a really pathetic way. He also gives off a really creepy vibe, in my opinion. I don't think he's much better than Wormtail.
People in this thread are exempt from my statement; I included "in the books" in it.

And yeah, they're written from Harry's perspective but unless that means that he experienced a different reality from others, it doesn't change the fact that all Slytherins act like assholes.

If you think about it, everyone is experiencing a different reality; Harry is prone to bias and it's very possible he is selectively hearing about the bad and ignoring the good without even being aware of it. You meet people irl who think and genuinely believe similar things about people based on race, gender, or creed.

Turns out Harry Potter is a wizard racist.

In support of this sentiment, wasn't the portrayal (in Deathly Hallows) of Dumbledore as a former wizard racist who wanted ultimate power in his youth precisely on that point? Up until that point we only really saw him through the lens of subordinate students, and when they hear the opinion of other adults about him they realise he's not the saintly person he makes himself out to be.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Marcuse wrote:In support of this sentiment, wasn't the portrayal (in Deathly Hallows) of Dumbledore as a former wizard racist who wanted ultimate power in his youth precisely on that point? Up until that point we only really saw him through the lens of subordinate students, and when they hear the opinion of other adults about him they realise he's not the saintly person he makes himself out to be.

The problem is that "Albus Dumbledore" is a name that just oozes strength and integrity. If we only called him by his original German name of "Adolf Drembledorpf" nobody would make that mistake. #MakeDrembledorpfAgain

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby cmsellers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 am

So Harry Potter came up on Discord and Strant told me about super-easy disposable email address sites, so I created an account under a fake name and got Slytherin and Thunderbird. Also a pine marten patronus, which is disappointing when bats are apparently an option.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Previous