Superheroes Elimination Game!

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Superheroes Elimination Game!

Postby sunglasses » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm

That was beautiful, Moo.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Phighter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:05 am

Alternate Ending. I liked Moo's too.

"You bastard!" Julyjack shouted out. "That was our last chance! You killed The Oracle!"

"I didn't kill Orange. Gotham killed Orange, Jack." Phighter shouted at Jack, but he also had a devilish smile on his face.

"Wait, wait a minute, maybe Orange was the mad scientist. Was she?" Kate, the reporter, questioned as Phighter stood over Orange's corpse.

"Nope. She was the Oracle." There was a loud groan in the room, followed by multiple shouts. Phighter hadn't even checked Orange's pockets for identification. It began to become disturbingly clear that Phighter had already known.

"You...you..." Before Julyjack could finish, he found some of his brains scattered on the wall behind him. Gotham began to scream as the Police Chief laughed. The doors were suddenly locked, and Gotham was locked in with its Chief.

"I've been waiting to do that since the first day the violence started."

"He's one of them! Let's get him!" Carp shouted, but before he could charge the stage, he found himself bleeding out on the ground. Midas Burroughs smiled behind him, pulling out the knife and looking it over.

"Welcome, welcome to the new Gotham. I...I'm your new mayor, Mayor Phighter. Please let me introduce my second-in-command, Police Chief Midas Burroughs." Midas smiled for the crowd and bowed as they looked on helplessly. Phighter's gun was pointing out towards the room, and Midas was armed as well.

"A few weeks ago, the great Lao Wai - or should I say not so great - Lao Wai came to me in my office one evening and began going on and on about great plans for Gotham. He wanted to rule Gotham with an iron fist, and he wanted everyone in town to die. He had recruited Midas to be one of his henchmen, and he asked me to help him in his plans. What Lao didn't realize was how well his plans had worked. The Mayor was put out of action, and people started to drop like flies. But what Lao forgot is that possession is all of the law. If you have the chemicals...you have the control. Poly's death was an example of this. I needed to upgrade my labs. His labs were perfect for my work." Phighter brought a needle out of his jacket, filled with a mysterious substance. He smiled as he tossed away one of his mad scientist needles, ignoring the now exposed chemical on the floor.

"I had decided that Gotham...Gotham shouldn't die. Gotham will never die as long as it is led by the capable. I decided to conquer him, just like I have conquered all of you. I could say that I wanted the power, but power isn't something that interests me in Gotham. There are many things I love about Gotham, the fighting spirit being one of them. None of you wanted to die. You all passionately came to me, one by one, pleading your innocence, even though I had already known. Sunglasses had revealed her cards to me. Lindavettr had to go. Yami? Yami was simply a favor to Gotham. One by one, I picked you all off, until finally, today, I have gained complete control of Gotham. Masks on, Midas." Midas and Phighter strapped on gas masks as Phighter brought a red button out to show the citizens of Gotham.

"So why take Gotham? Is it for the women? Oh no, no it is not. At the end of the day, a man such as myself needs...test subjects. Citizens of Gotham, the first of my experiments we will be testing is CXWY-14, a...harmless gas. Being pumped out of the walls in a short few seconds will be the chemical. You may try to fight the chemical, but as many of my late-night experiments have shown, it will overpower you, such as I have."

Phighter smiled one more time as he hit the button. The gas began to leak out of the walls as people bumrushed the doors, in an attempt to exit. They began to drop onto the ground, one by one. Whether they were unconscious or dead...is something to be seen for another day.

"Welcome to Gotham, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to madness."

Phighter
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: King of Puns

Postby julyjack73 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:38 am

Why do I keep dying?

Julyjack, your comment was sunshine from a unicorn's butthole. - Popeshaggy
julyjack73
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Sadly Grew Up

Postby HumpbackWhale » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:54 am

Hey guys, when the next game starts, the link should be posted in this thread for those of us who don't spend as much time in this forum please? I mean, if this game is any indication, I probably won't find the link for an extra week, but at least it'll be there when I get back.

HumpbackWhale
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Cullenmcpimpin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:37 am

CullenMcpimpin hid in the ruins if his fair city. He was once an ordinary citizen, but now that his robot suit was completed he was the last hope for the city of Gothem. He would make sure he avenged the city before death by taking Phighter and Midas with him. From that moment foreward the face of Gothem was the face of the Iron Pimp.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Our forum-mate Cullenmcpimpin
Left the ladies all lovelorn and limpin'.
His formidable size
Left the rest of the guys
To weep at their annual wimp-in.
Cullenmcpimpin
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Overlord Moo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:04 pm

That's it! I hereby request- no DECREE- that everyone post an epilogue. Your character vignettes will have to tide me over until the next game starts up.

6:54 Bert: Moo is so cool he wishes he could be someone else just so he could better understand what it is like to live in a world with Overlord Moo in it
9:46:06 PM GG If Moo goes oh my I know it means bad
<Strant> wig+wonderbra+Strant=Deeno
Overlord Moo
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Stolen Thunder

Postby julyjack73 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Thats a great idea, Moo

Julyjack stands outside Phighter's house, or rather, what remains of it. Everything Phighter ever loved, now just a blackened heap of cinders. He can see why Yami liked doing this.

Despite his desire to stay to see the [Expletive Redacted]'s reaction, Julyjack knew he had to leave. Phighter could probably take him in a fight, he's police chief after all.

He calls for a cab, and finds one immediately.

"Hello, uh...John" he says to the driver. He pulls out three hundred dollars, "Get me out of this town"

"Understood" John says.

Next morning, Julyjack steps outside, enjoying the sun, the people, and the non-lynching. He picks up the newspaper from a nearby kiosk.

DAILY PLANET

TRAGEDY IN GOTHAM, POLICE CHIEF AND GIMP EXECUTED

"Oh, how I love this town" Julyjack says with a smile.

Last edited by julyjack73 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julyjack, your comment was sunshine from a unicorn's butthole. - Popeshaggy
julyjack73
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Sadly Grew Up

Postby NudgeNudge » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:57 pm

NUDGE'S EPILOGUE

Nudge was nervous, as the gorgeous woman in a dress began to speak.

"This was truly a sad year. Some of our best men and women perished fighting crime. But, when crises hit, there's wonder in movies. That's why we are going to honor the best masculine lead performances of the year"

"The nominees for Best Actor in a Leading Role are..."

"...For teaching us that a men with two heads deserves to be treated as an equal by the Royal Society of London, Nicholas Cage as Billy Boy Thunder in "Polycephalic Prodigy".

"...For showing the world that unconditional love is the only thing that matters, Mel Gibson as Adolf Hitler in "The Last Days of Hitler".

"...For playing a blind, hemiplegic slave in the midst of the Second American Civil War, Keanu Reeves as Howard Duckington in "Gates of Oklahoma".

"...For his impressive heroism in the wake of tragedy, risking everything to achieve justice, Nudge McWink as Stolen Thunder/Moo McOverlord in "The Day that Gods Died".

He was going to win. That last scene, with Thunder shouting "VICTORY", even if he was half dead and with almost every member missing, was drama gold. Joaquin Phoenix had won the Supporting Actor award for playing Phighter for much less.

The woman spoke:

"And the winner is..."

Nudge McWink...

"Keanu Reeves, for "Gates of Oklahoma""

Somewhere, someone shouted "Stolen Thunder!" for the last time.

Last edited by NudgeNudge on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Sunglasses' epilogue

Being dead sucked. She missed being able to throw back a drink or two. That mean jerkhead Phighter had sold her out. Her intuition had been dead on, kicking Midas in the shin upon meeting him. She had made some errors in her life, that was for sure. Then again whiskey did that and whiskey also helped you forget the mistakes you made. No whiskey in the afterlife.
Her ethereal body smirked. This wasn't a mistake. This felt right. She felt her old emotions and ire flooding into her spectral hand. She curled it into a fist...and knocked on his door. He opened it in just a towel and looked around confused. Of course he couldn't see her, she was dead. He could sure as hell feel though. She brushed a hand across the nape of his neck. He arched his neck slightly.

Oh this was going to be fun.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:36 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Ofi-Wan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 pm

1. Overlord Moo - Cyborg
2. Humpback Whale
3. Nudge Nudge
4. Kate 85
5. Rebo
6. Orange Eyebrows - Sidekick
7. Notch - Lackey –
8. Butt Chocolate -
9. RedCapDragon
10. DeathKnight 928
11. Gash – Wonder Twin 1 – Lawyer –
12. Polydactyl
13. BigBird
14. Lindvaettr – Vigilante – Messenger
15. HarpingCarp
16. Cullenmcpimpin
17. Julyjack73
18. Sunglasses - The Anti-Hero
19. LaChaise
20. LaoWai – The Skrull - Messenger
21. Mister Historian – Killed Night 1
22. Glassjaw Girl – Lynched Day 1
23. Midas Burroughs – The Hulk
24. Phighter – Mad Scientist – Chief of Police
25. WaitYAmIHere – The Oracle – Wonder Twin 2 –

Ofi-Wan
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby LaoWai » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Epilogue: oh, LaoWai, from the beginning he'd tried to implant messages as to who the real criminals were. From his first vote (to which Midas had happily stepped up) to his second vote (to which, eventually Phighter had stepped up) to his third vote (which, yeah, a bit obvious), he'd tried to leave subtle clues as to the guilty trio. Sadly his hints had slipped under the radar. He'd even implicated Midas twice...Silence is golden, in his first and second votes, without knowing whether even his partners in crime would be able to cooperate.

Knowing that his lynching was inevitable, as the only seemingly Asian character in the story (although he's actually really, really, really white), he even went back and edited to include reallly, really, really white clues in his old posts. Gotham had been, apparently, oblivious to his pleas. His plan for a silent Gotham was over. The noise would continue. Fortunately, LaoWai was now sharing a fondue with long-lost friends, and it was manky, the way he'd always liked it.

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby Midas Burroughs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 am

First off, sorry for the necro-thread guys but it turns out I was able to find a post that I thought the forum had simply eaten when I originally put it up. Also, on reflection, I would like to tell you all about the villains' strategy. First off, we had three strategies rather than one. Phighter was active, I was passive and LaoWai was something of a saboteur. This was not something we planned, just all of us playing the game in our own ways. It was my opinion that the game was completely skewed in our advantage from the beginning. By simply playing as little as possible, we could avoid unnecessary risks and cruise to an easy win. So I focused more on role playing the character rather than scheming (by the bye, I played The Gimp as being unaware of being a hulk. Had he been hulked by a lynching or Antihero, I would have revealed his hulk personality, The Sadominant). Also, my character was functionally a booby-trap and not really capable of acting so much as reacting. Phighter, on the other hand, seemed to think that the odds were far more even and really went into the game hard. He generally deliberated a lot before scanning anyone or picking someone to kill (my personal murder strategy was to kill people who were slowing the game down. As that was a lot of people and a very meta strategy, I don't think anyone noticed). LaoWai I think came to the same conclusion as me and was leaving little hints around for funsies. As for why we sometimes let a hero live after scanning, that was mostly just because we could also learn things by killing, so killing someone who we just scanned would be passing up a chance to learn more. Since Lind was effectively harmless, we didn't bother killing him until later. We probably would have killed the Oracle or Antihero immediately though because they were more powerful and had more aggressive players.

Also, one more thing. With a very literal reading of the rules, the good guys actually had a gamebreaking strategy. You see, the villain's win condition was to kill all the heroes and a third of the civilians. If the Anti-Hero killed someone at random every night then they would probably kill enough civilians to make it impossible for the villains to kill enough to succeed. Although, I doubt Ofi would allow this.

And now for my epilogue.

The streets of Gotham were getting quieter by the night. Before the Skrull, it had been so different. Thunder had been stolen, contradictions had been made, scrap metal vanished the minute you turned around and breaking into someone's workplace or residence to monologue at them was not so much a felony as a friendly how-do-you-do. It had been a loud stupid uproarious cacophony of madness but it had been Gotham and there was no other city like it. Now, things had changed. Costumed crime fighters had ceased to patrol, instead electing to spend their time uneasily playing guess-who in crowded dives.

There had been a glorious moment of jubilation when Chief Phighter killed the Skrull. Finally, one of the killers had bit it hard and gone down. Good was good again, the bad guys had been dishing it out but it was time to see if they could take it. And then nothing. No hail Mary, no cavalry, just more deaths. The other two miscreants just kept plugging along, making Gotham quieter and darker. The were like a force of nature or a well-oiled machine, methodically killing Gotham citizen by citizen. Well, most of the time anyway.

In the makeshift lab set up in Phighter's basement, things were going a little less smoothly. "My God, Midas," said Phighter, "could you be more careful? I swear that's the third beaker you've broken in the last twenty minutes." However, the creature he addressed bore little resemblance to Gotham's beloved sex shop owner Midas Burroughs. Instead, there was a masked monstrosity resembling some kind of bipedal gorilla. The figure stood just under six feet but must have weighed in at over four hundred pounds. His bone structure was for the most part human but his musculature was grotesquely engorged and spiderwebbed with pencil-think sinews. He wore a bed sheet safety-pinned into a crude toga and safety goggles over his gimp mask, the only thing remaining to identify him as Midas Burroughs.

The clumsy hulk grunted, "Not Midas. And hard control strength. You know I can strong more. Control not now so good."

Phighter, garbed in a white lab coat and safety goggles of his own winced at the mangled grammar. "Very well," he said, "you wished to be called Sadominant in this form, correct? Fine. Just stop breaking things. We have a lot to do and not much time."

The Sadominant grunted, "Worry too much. Gotham ours soon. Just need kill a few more. You too noisy. Draw too much attention. Like crazy rat man. You have to kill, he talk so much."

"That was regrettable," said Phighter, "but it would eventually have been necessary all the same. He was from Asia, I mean space. Yes, space. Who knows what he wanted in the long run? Collaboration proved expedient for the time being but if I didn't kill him, you would have. Or perhaps he'd have fallen victim to Sunglasses, who knows?"

"Me know. He just want have rats and not talk people. Strange man kill things because bored likely. Also try and tell people hulk me. Bored."

Phighter wished for the umpteenth time that The Sadominant didn't sound like he babelfished everything he said seven or eight times before opening his mouth. But the only eloquent hulks he'd managed to make had no eyelids and that was just creepy. Anyway, tonight was likely his last if he wasn't careful. His attempt to lynch Orange had implicated him and he was liable to be lynched himself if he wasn't careful. Maybe, it would be best to let her live. After all, he could finish her at his leisure later and spare himself the wrath of the townspeople. Heck, maybe he'd just kill Cullen tonight. The people of Gotham would probably thank him. Then Rebo. That in and of itself would absolve him of the other murders he'd committed. After all, just because he was going to be Gotham's supreme dictator, didn't mean he had to be a *ahem* jerk about it. And what if he could come to terms with Orange? An Oracle could be a powerful ally and she was, after all, English. Turning her to the dark side should be a walk in the park. He could see it all now, a brighter future, a Gotham ruled by benevolent omniscient overlords sounded far better than one governed by fear and chaos. "Sadominant," he said, "cancel tonight's murder. We'll kill Rebo. I have other plans in store."

The Sadominant shook his head, "No happen good."

"What do you mean?"

"Kill scone lady on way here. Save time. Also rent some DVDs. Watch some Seltzer Freebird with Sadominant?"

"Seltzer Freebird? You mean Friedberg? You rented "Meet The Spartans" or something?"

"Yes. Is look funny."

"God no. And also... goddamnit, why did you kill Orange before I told you to? Now they'll lynch me tomorrow for sure. Unless... unless that was your plan all along! Let me and Lao take the heat so you're the only villain left alive. All the power none of the work, you disgusting traitor!"

"Is good plan but no think. Busy run store. How can time running Gotham?"

Phighter, the most powerful and doomed man in Gotham, sat down on a stool and cried.

Resident expert of disagreeing and fruit.
Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Advocatus Diaboli

Previous