TCS International Third Party

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: TCS International Third Party

Postby Midas Burroughs » Wed May 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Joining another party counts as refusing to join mine. Welcome to the team, VD. You can be treasurer. Unless you don't want to, in which case you have to.

Resident expert of disagreeing and fruit.
Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Advocatus Diaboli

Postby Phighter » Thu May 23, 2013 2:08 am

Wearing a suit, the young spectacled candidate, representing hope, steps up to a podium. He takes a look at his papers before speaking.

Hello, The Comment Section. I'm Phighter, but I'm going to guess that you already knew that. I may be a little late to throw my hat into the political spectrum, but on my way here, I encountered a few problems with society as a whole.

First off, on my way here, I was cut off in traffic. Keeping a calm temper, I ignored the situation, but when I realized I was about to miss my turn, I cut someone else off. Suddenly they began to shout obscenities at the top of their lungs, and they made many a hand gesture at me. There a man was, driving a death machine, becoming furious for I made him have to pay attention to the road, which you know, is his job.

When I got to my destination, it wasn't here. It was to the cleaner's. I received this - this bill from the cleaners - what a ridiculous amount of money! Is there a sudden monopoly on starch in this community that I was unaware of? Why does it cost so much money to clean something and be able to pick it up a few days later? I understand business concepts, and the commodity of cleaning, but it's ludicrous!

Now as you all know, out front of this building, there's a beautiful water fountain. Now I don't know about you, but I've found myself guilty of the dreadful habit of walking and texting, but the thing is, I can maneuver successfully. I looked away from my cellphone after I had passed the fountain, stopping to look back and admire its beauty, and I saw a girl literally tumble into the water fountain. She had also been texting. She began to scream about suing this facility and she even cried about her cellphone. Wouldn't it make more sense, if you are unable to navigate correctly, I thought, to maybe stop for a second to text?

That's when it hit me on what to call this party: as its president, I have naming rights for the group. Looking out over all of the problems with the world, I found we're missing one thing: common sense. Therefore, I am running as President of the Common Sense Party.

Does it make sense to vote for commenters who have come out and said flatly that they're evil? No! Unless you want to live in a dystopia, which means that my message will not cater to you. I would rather live in a utopia. And to get that utopia, or at least something close to it as no utopia is ever as perfect as it seems, we need common sense. We need good morals, and frankly, we need good people. That's why I'm running. I've got a brain in my head and vision in my eyes. If the Comment Section is going to thrive, it needs a leader that understands the simpler concept of sense. Rules like "don't be a jerk to each other" shouldn't have to be in effect, they should be known! Don't make jabs at another if you can't handle jabs at yourself! It's really as simple as that, people.

Maybe I'm too simple of a candidate. Maybe it's too simple of a request. I'm not promising multi-million dollar reform, because common sense indicates that it doesn't satisfy constituents to make false promises. I'm not asking to rule the world. I'm only asking that the world picks up some basic rules to know and live by.

I'm Phighter, and I'm the founder of the Common Sense Party.

"We're not asking to rule the world. We're only asking that the world picks up some basic rules to know and live by."

Phighter
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: King of Puns

Postby Midas Burroughs » Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Phighter wrote:"We're not asking to rule the world. We're only asking that the world picks up some basic rules to know and live by."

As founder of the Contrarian Party, I DEMAND THAT YOU RULE THE WORLD!

Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Phighter » Sun May 26, 2013 12:39 am

Midas Burroughs wrote:
Phighter wrote:"We're not asking to rule the world. We're only asking that the world picks up some basic rules to know and live by."

But if I rule the world, then I'm a villain. Ruling the world is simply not common sense. Do you realize the tremendous overhead that is required in ruling the world?

Phighter
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: King of Puns

Postby Psychosassic » Sun May 26, 2013 3:36 am

Phighter wrote:
Midas Burroughs wrote:

But if I rule the world, then I'm a villain. Ruling the world is simply not common sense. Do you realize the tremendous overhead that is required in ruling the world?

You obviously pay for it by selling all the world's children to the Martians.

This is why I-I- I mean, someone else should be in charge.

Everything else courtesy of Psychosassic Enterprises and the cooperation of Viewers Like You.
Psychosassic
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Secretly Living in Your Home

Postby Midas Burroughs » Sun May 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Phighter wrote:
Midas Burroughs wrote:

Genghis Khan ruled the world with ponies. Are you saying you can't afford some ponies?

Psychosassic wrote:
Phighter wrote:But if I rule the world, then I'm a villain. Ruling the world is simply not common sense. Do you realize the tremendous overhead that is required in ruling the world?

You obviously pay for it by selling all the world's children to the Martians.

This is why I-I- I mean, someone else should be in charge.

I'd rather we leased them. Sure, it's less money up front but more over time.

Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Thu May 08, 2014 5:06 pm

HarpingCarp wrote:I don't know about you guys but I'm running for President. I've just nailed my presidential pose.
Senator Harping Carpelton-2016!

Carp 3:16 says "I just kicked your ass!"

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby Delta Jim » Thu May 08, 2014 5:56 pm

HarpingCarp wrote:I don't know about you guys but I'm running for President. I've just nailed my presidential pose.
Senator Harping Carpelton-2016!

Carp.gif
I've got my bumper sticker right here
Carp.gif (13.79 KiB) Viewed 5395 times

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby Nullbert » Thu May 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Can I run for president or pope or head of international ninja weapon distribution.
Uh, vote Nullington J Bert to legalise drugging, mugging and goat hugging!

Nullbert
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: British Bastard

Postby Learned Nand » Fri May 16, 2014 9:18 pm

You know once I'm world dictator, I'm going to dissolve this and all other political parties.

Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Click for a Limerick
OrangeEyebrows wrote:There once was a guy, Aviel,
whose arguments no one could quell.
He tested with Turing,
his circuits fried during,
and now we'll have peace for a spell.
Learned Nand
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Auditor of Reality

Postby Albatross727 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:53 pm

I am joining as the representative of the autonomous barbarian state. Laws are illegal and pillaging employs 100% of the labour market. Also drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.

I didn't choose the furry life, the furry life chose me.
Albatross727
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: TCS Birdmaster General

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:05 am

HarpingCarp wrote:As Minister of Mental Health my vote goes to La-

Aw thanks man :D

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster