Random thoughts...

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Random thoughts...

Postby AboveGL » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:32 am

Summary of any Blaire White video:

zzzzzzzZzzZzZZZz

You're welcome.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:11 pm

When I get another parrot who likes chewing things, I want to get it a wooden duck, so I can ask it "Polly want a quacker?"

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:40 pm

I'm sure Polly would prefer a quaker.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 am

How did the McFlys afford to buy Marty 'Calvin Klein' underwear in the original timeline?

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Australia wrote:How did the McFlys afford to buy Marty 'Calvin Klein' underwear in the original timeline?

They were Biff Jr's hand me downs.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Austin is hearing loud Norteño music at a traffic light and realizing it's coming from a pickup truck driven by the whitest guy imaginable.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:44 pm

The laugh track on the latest episode of The Connors needed to be muted. The part where the kids confront Dan in the garage and he's obviously upset about losing his wife was a heavy moment ruined by repetitive guffaws. Normal canned laughter doesn't pair well with dark humor. Normally I can ignore a laugh track. I never noticed the show had one before.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby SandTea » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 am

Why don't we have more adjectives like "squirrelly"? Doggilly, bearilly, dolphinilly. What makes those damned squirrels so special? I've met some folk who should be called racoonilly at least.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:48 pm

SandTea wrote:Why don't we have more adjectives like "squirrelly"? Doggilly, bearilly, dolphinilly. What makes those damned squirrels so special? I've met some folk who should be called racoonilly at least.

I think the more directly analogous terms would be doggy, beary, dolphiny. The ~ell~ is part of the root noun (with the final consonant doubled as you sometimes do when adding suffixes in English.) "Doggy" is actually used on occasion, in contexts such as "there was a doggy smell in the room where the dog had been."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby cmsellers » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:39 am

We do describe people as "piggy," "catty" and "mousey." We also describe people as "ursine," "porcine," "bovine," "feline," "sheepish," "hawkish," "dovish," "owlish," and "chicken."

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:59 am

What is it about Target that almost any line with greater than 2 people is almost guaranteed to have someone who takes at least ten minutes and multiple incidences of the cashier leaving their desk before they get through?

In the way that most stores have standard and express lanes, Target needs "takes forever" and "doesn't take forever" lanes.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:17 am

They were probably already calling for "backups" which means trying to get people working on the sales floor to come up and get on a checkout lane. Also, it's the holiday season which means we hire anyone who can stand on their own, but they may not be so capable of performing the task of cashiering.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:01 pm

cmsellers wrote:What is it about Target that almost any line with greater than 2 people is almost guaranteed to have someone who takes at least ten minutes and multiple incidences of the cashier leaving their desk before they get through?

In the way that most stores have standard and express lanes, Target needs "takes forever" and "doesn't take forever" lanes.

Don't go to the stores between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Just don't. Plan well and buy accordingly. This is the time of year when people who only shop once a year come out. And that's a lot of people.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:24 pm

I've seen this same issue at Target at other times of the year, though.

Mind you there, weren't as many people, but I notice that whenever there are more than two people in front of me, it seems that one of them is either going to try a long series of payment methods that don't work until they either give up and pay in cash or the cashier runs off to talk to a supervisor, or else directly ask the cashier something that requires the cashier to run off and find answers.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:17 pm

And Amazon seems to think the world is ready for stores without customer service people. Ever watch a person encounter a self checkout for the first time? Or the hundredth and they still can't figure it out? It's my favorite part of shopping at Wal-Mart.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

PreviousNext