Random thoughts...

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Random thoughts...

Postby cmsellers » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 pm

No one's talking about the real reason Andrew Yang shouldn't be president:

Every previous president we've had named "Andrew" has been terrible.

Now, it could be that problem is actually with presidents whose initials are "A.J.", but do y'all really want to take that risk?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 pm

I want another POTUS with a three syllable last name and cool initials that everyone refers to them by.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 am

iMURDAu wrote:I want another POTUS with a three syllable last name and cool initials that everyone refers to them by.

So Pete Buttigieg?
We could start calling him "PB," and he can pick Jay Inslee as his running mate.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:48 pm

I prefer/require three initials just like three syllables. PB isn't cool. PBJ. That's a winner. We were close once with LBJ and before him there was JFK which could be an acronym for "just fucking kidding" these days, how cool is that?

Klobuchar has three syllables but sounds like a weapon. Like, shoot your enemy from close range in the Buttgieg with a Klobuchar for best results. Or, he got walloped on the head with a Klobuchar and was lucky to survive.

These are the important things I consider when voting the leader of this country's executive branch.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:14 am

I'm pretty sure that Joan of Arc was schizophrenic.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:47 am

Yang 'em all.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:55 am

I just realized that two of my three nearest neighbors are Asian-American. White people may cause gentrification, but it's Asians who prove a neighborhood has arrived.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Australia » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:36 pm

Is 'Sussudio' not a song entrenched in pop culture? A guy at work was saying his mother had set up a sew studio and I said 'Oh, like the Phil Collins song?' and he looked at me like I was an idiot. Which is par for the course but also as if he was oblivious to the existence of it. When I clarified, he still said he'd never heard of it. I'm not even a big fan but I would say that and In The Air Tonight are just songs everyone knows because they've probably been played every day since release at least somewhere.

Also, is it a prerequisite for roadworkers to be cliches? I was driving from work and felt kind of skeevy for glancing twice at some attractive women hanging outside a club but a few metres later drove past probably five guys at the roadwork not even pretending to roadwork and just gawking at the chicks. Pretty sure one of them had his jaw open and tongue rolling along the floor.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Pedgerow » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:44 pm

I would have guessed that Phil Collins's second-biggest solo hit was Easy Lover. A quick glance at the track listing on the Phil Collins Greatest Hits album that I paid actual money for did not suggest any others I think are more famous. Sussudio, in my opinion, is probably as famous as Sometimes by Erasure, or Caravan of Love by the Housemartins. I haven't heard it for many years, but I heard it a lot when I was younger, so if you were talking to one of those infants who was born after 1995, I could imagine them being too young for it.

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:39 pm

I’ve definitely heard it on the radio, but I’d probably need a minute to get the reference. It’s not a song I think about very often.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:14 am

If you surround yourself with brandy, ginger beer, simple syrup, lime juice, and mint, are you in cognito?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Krashlia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 am

Two new seasons of FLCL didn't happen, so much as the Pillows dropped a new Album.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed May 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Top three live albums of all time; in no discernible order:

1. Depeche Mode - 101
2. Portishead - PNYC
3. Pink Floyd - Pulse

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:23 am

Why do tabloids describe stars as "oozing glamour" or "oozing sex appeal"? It's such an unattractive word. Makes me think of wounds oozing pus and the like.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:03 pm

because tabloids are meanies >_>

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep