So You'd Like to Run a Game?

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: So You'd Like to Run a Game?

Postby sunglasses » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Matt the Czar wrote:I have an idea for an interactive serial story/wargame based on Fieldsargeant Fry's Description

The Great Internet War

*cough* There was the War for the Forum but it didn't include the whole internet and the netizens

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Matt the Czar » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:21 pm

sunglasses wrote:
Matt the Czar wrote:I have an idea for an interactive serial story/wargame based on Fieldsargeant Fry's Description

The Great Internet War

*cough* There was the War for the Forum but it didn't include the whole internet and the netizens

Link please. My idea may be a bit different.

EDIT: Excuse me, i found it

EDIT: I am not making a mafia game. This is to be a diplomacy style game where you guys create nations and i smash them together in civ 4 while creating a story.

Here is something similar that i reccomend HIGHLY as a story on its own.

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Orange and I are hoping to run a game at the end of May. It will be somewhat mafia-like but not exactly a mafia game. more details will be forthcoming but it really does need to be at the end of May, or else it won't work, because reasons.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby skooma » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm doing a game, basically mafia variant. This seems to be kind of an announcement thread, for when games are pretty much finished, or ideas from experienced gms, that people, y'know, trust. So I shook everything out and posted signups. just didn't want to post here until I think I know what I'm doing.

There are a lot of other games still going on, so I figure the signups will just take awhile. Also there may be fear, caused by having seen me play, but I made lots of rules.

Since there are posts here that are very similar to what we see when the games start, let me know if that's helpful too. This won't start until Patient Zero and hopefully other games are over -depending on whether World Wide Web War has started and if Escape II is still going on.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Postby Jack Road » Thu May 21, 2015 10:04 am

[Removed]

Last edited by Jack Road on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Phighter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:20 pm

I'd like to put myself on the list of people to eventually host Mafia.

Phighter
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: King of Puns

Postby Jack Road » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:48 am

[Removed]

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby skooma » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:46 am

Phighter, or anyone else who might be interested, feel free to take over my game; I wouldn't mind if it's changed, and a couple people did some tremendously great opening character stuff. I'm not going to be able to, or most likely even play, so it would be great if anyone did. At the rate we've been having games unfinished (or in this case never started), we almost need a thread for adopting lost games.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Postby Phighter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:25 am

While I'm honored to be name-dropped specifically, I can not run your game out of fairness to you because it's yours.

If the general public wants, however, I can start a game of Mafia up, though I will warn that my laptop is due to be sent away to be repaired so my posting times may be on the wonkier side, though I do have most of the constructs ready to go for a rather entertaining game (also it will help me test them for later).

Phighter
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: King of Puns

Postby sunglasses » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:25 pm

We are due for a mafia but I'm not sure who is next to run one. I would check with Face The Citizen.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Ok, so I am not sure who plans on running games I am very bad at keeping track of things.

Anyway, I've got a game mostly ready to go-forum elimination style. So if you're in the queue please let me know so I have an idea of when to roll out sign ups.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Okay, I'm back. Had an idea, lost it, got a new one. Game should be ready by the time I am up on the list.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm thinking about running another mafia game. Just a simple one with bad guys and townies, no multi-teams or anything. But I have some ideas about roles, so there'd be some new stuff.

Would anyone be interested in that? Or think it's a really bad idea?

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:17 pm

I think enough time has passed that it'd be fun.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 am

If we have enough interest to go ahead (looking good so far), it'll be a Western theme, and I'll be co-running it with Nudge.

Last edited by CarrieVS on Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

PreviousNext