The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 am

I got third place in trivia tonight, but that was mainly because my brother came this time. I also noticed I got charged two different prices for two of the same drink (Blue Moon).

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:21 am

Holy double post, Batman!

My brother-in-law turned 31, and I'm at his party now. I've had several beers and mixed drinks, and it just occurred to me that I forgot to wrap his present (a Millenium Falcon-shaped multi-tool). I should probably do that at some point.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Australia » Sun May 14, 2017 4:25 pm

ani.gif
ani.gif (188.31 KiB) Viewed 9763 times

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Arkyle » Mon May 22, 2017 5:01 pm

*sigh* So my husband is away for work this week and I'm home with the boys. Anyone want to keep me company besides this bottle of wine? On a plus side - I get the house to myself in the morning :)

Arkyle
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:02 pm

I'm at my cousin's house near the beach until tomorrow. We got here yesterday afternoon, and have been going through a quadruple batch of Jello shots pretty much ever since.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Not only a double post, but I've made four of the last six posts in this thread (including this one)? Shit.

Anyway, I stopped at the liquor store on my way home from work and found some cherry-flavored brandy. It's really good, but I guess I'll have to stop drinking it soon if I want to get up on time for work tomorrow morning. I've wanted to try blackberry brandy for a while now, but they didn't have any there.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:17 am

Three vodka and ginger ales, a shot of whisky, and a white russian! I'm the birthday girl! Wooo!

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:26 am

Blackberry brandy goes really well in iced tea. Why haven't I tried this sooner?

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:55 am

See I'm a cheap bastard efficient so I use some tequila and a mikes to make what can be loosely be called a carbonated margarita. Now I just have to fight the urge to argue in caass.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Irishjava » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 am

I pretty much never feel the urge to drink a shitload of alcohol, unless I've had three drinks. Unfortunately, I VERY often feel the urge to have three drinks. Thanks, SOCIETY.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:14 am

I'm digging this kratom stuff! It's perfectly legal, has all the pleasant effects of alcohol with none of the associated health risks and emotional diarrhea.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby IamNotCreepy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Ugh, I never get the chance to post in here. It's not from a lack of trying. It's just that once I have 2+ drinks I just get really sleepy.

I get up early for work, do overtime, then come home to take care of my toddler. I deserve a drink (or 3) but then I immediately fall asleep on the couch.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:51 pm

I accidentally just mixed scotch in my spiced rum and ginger ale. I don't recommend it.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:47 am

Contrary to popular belief, mixing different kinds of alcohol will NOT make you sick. The correlation is that people who are drinking different kinds of stuff pretty consistently tend to drink WAY more than someone who sticks to one "kind" of alcohol. (Actually, it's all the same stuff getting you wasted.)

Even so, that does NOT stop the following Jim Breuer skit from being goddamn HILARIOUS!

phpBB [video]

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:12 am

True (about the alcohol and the skit), but I still think the aforementioned combination tastes terrible.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

PreviousNext