The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

Postby SandTea » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:26 am

jbobsully11 wrote:I don’t actually listen to that last one very much... there’s a bit of a story there...

Fuck, you too? I swear that song must be cursed. Shark, friend, girlfriend or... bit of a story there as well; that fucking song. Regrettably, It is catchy enough that it pops into my head sometimes though.

That mac lethal was a new one to me. I can see having fun with that

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am

SandTea wrote:
jbobsully11 wrote:I don’t actually listen to that last one very much... there’s a bit of a story there...

Fuck, you too? I swear that song must be cursed. Shark, friend, girlfriend or... bit of a story there as well; that fucking song. Regrettably, It is catchy enough that it pops into my head sometimes though.

It's almost certainly not anything you'd expect. Spoilered for length and possible (slightly) unsettling/definitely not uplifting content:
Spoiler: show
A few years ago, my brother and my mom got in a huge argument about something (which happens fairly often) and he stormed out in a huff to meet (I assume) some of his friends somewhere. At some time after 4 AM, he came stumbling in, alternately bellowing that song (he only knew the first verse, but didn’t let that stop him) and throwing up. Once my mom woke up, there was a lot more yelling.

The next morning, as I was drifting in and out of consciousness, the two of them were talking about what had happened when he went out. A few minutes after it seemed like the conversation ended, I heard my brother let out a weird, stressed-sounding noise (for lack of a better way to describe it), my mom called his name a few times, and a few seconds later she was on the phone frantically telling a 911 operator, “my son is having a seizure,” at which point I immediately was awake. We’re *pretty* sure it wasn't drug-related.

Did I mention the second day was Thanksgiving? Because yeah...

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Sporadically Employed

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 am

My brother was planning a Florida/Caribbean themed barbecue for a while, so naturally it started to rain today, right before people got here for it. On the other hand, conch fritters are awesome.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Note to self: Blackberry brandy and key lime-flavored sparkling water go surprisingly well together.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:Note to self: Blackberry brandy and key lime-flavored sparkling water go surprisingly well together.

That is one of those things that I want to try but probably won't. :(

I have decided today, since I don't have to do anything, to day drink and sit by a backyard fire. It's not particularly cold or anything but campfire is fun and within wifi range! Probably also going to cook food over it. Something about burning wood to heat food up seems to make it better.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:30 am

I’m at my dad’s house, watching the Super Bowl commercials (and some football game in between), eating hot dogs, and drinking beer. I don’t think they’ve been that great so far.

jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Previous