The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: The Cocktail Lounge - two drink minimum, adults only

Postby SandTea » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:26 am

jbobsully11 wrote:I don’t actually listen to that last one very much... there’s a bit of a story there...

Fuck, you too? I swear that song must be cursed. Shark, friend, girlfriend or... bit of a story there as well; that fucking song. Regrettably, It is catchy enough that it pops into my head sometimes though.

That mac lethal was a new one to me. I can see having fun with that

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby jbobsully11 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am

SandTea wrote:
jbobsully11 wrote:I don’t actually listen to that last one very much... there’s a bit of a story there...

Fuck, you too? I swear that song must be cursed. Shark, friend, girlfriend or... bit of a story there as well; that fucking song. Regrettably, It is catchy enough that it pops into my head sometimes though.

It's almost certainly not anything you'd expect. Spoilered for length and possible (slightly) unsettling/definitely not uplifting content:
Spoiler: show
A few years ago, my brother and my mom got in a huge argument about something (which happens fairly often) and he stormed out in a huff to meet (I assume) some of his friends somewhere. At some time after 4 AM, he came stumbling in, alternately bellowing that song (he only knew the first verse, but didn’t let that stop him) and throwing up. Once my mom woke up, there was a lot more yelling.

The next morning, as I was drifting in and out of consciousness, the two of them were talking about what had happened when he went out. A few minutes after it seemed like the conversation ended, I heard my brother let out a weird, stressed-sounding noise (for lack of a better way to describe it), my mom called his name a few times, and a few seconds later she was on the phone frantically telling a 911 operator, “my son is having a seizure,” at which point I immediately was awake. We’re *pretty* sure it wasn't drug-related.

Did I mention the second day was Thanksgiving? Because yeah...

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Sporadically Employed

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 am

My brother was planning a Florida/Caribbean themed barbecue for a while, so naturally it started to rain today, right before people got here for it. On the other hand, conch fritters are awesome.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Sporadically Employed

Previous