The Second and a Half Crusade: a mafia game

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: The Second and a Half Crusade: a mafia game

Postby ButtChocolate » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Okay, after some deliberation, I'm in.

*once again hears disembodied voice of CarrieVS*

CarrieVS wrote:you are strongly encouraged to at least be animate

Uh... my name will be Abdul. Paul A. Abdul, actually. And I will be, ummm- ah! A "human statue"! Yes! You know, one of those street performers who stands perfectly still and just pretends to be inanimate while drunk people make lewd sexual gestures behind him and tourists take pictures.

I mean- I guess you might think there wouldn't be much tourism in the Middle Ages- especially what with people running around different continents lopping each other's heads off in the name of one another's one true god- but maybe the whole "the more things change..." rule applies here? In any event, there certainly was art and performance, and I have to think at some point someone got it into their head to just stand there with a fig-leaf on their junk next to the other REAL statues and see if anyone else would toss them coins for the thrill of it, right?

CarrieVS wrote:Something approximating to rough historical accuracy and a lack of really glaring anachronisms is encouraged

This is like at work, where they always say "participation in company sensitivity training is encouraged", but they really mean "do it or eat shit in the unemployment line, asshole!", right? Look- just like I told Paula in Accounts Receivable that I will try my hardest to stop wearing my "I'm With Stupid" shirt and the matching hat that says "Paula is Stupid" on the very same day -I can't promise that Paul A. Abdul won't eventually get bored and build something into his performance that remotely resembles what modern people would call "The Robot", though. But to be clear, this will NOT at all be The Robot- understood? Stiff, herky-jerky dance moves and a moonwalk was merely how people greeted each other in this time period. What, you don't believe me? Look it up! Just, ah, just wait a few minutes before doing so...

*opens Wikipedia in a new tab and hits edit button*

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey! I put the emphasis on really, not lack. That changes my meaning. I basically meant no mobile phones &c.

Glad to have you, Butts.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby ButtChocolate » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:24 pm

CarrieVS wrote:Hey! I put the emphasis on really, not lack. That changes my meaning. I basically meant no mobile phones &c.

Glad to have you, Butts.

Ah, damn quote system didn't "Carrie" over the italics, so I just stuck 'em where I thought they belonged. Okay cool. But be forewarned, Paul A. Abdul is pretty ingenuitive, and might get around to inventing the mobile phone if he collects enough donations. He's pretty gun-shy though after his whole "laptop abacus" start-up went up in smoke. We'll see.

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby Cordslash » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm Fareez, a 14 year old camel herder like my father before me. My big dream is to be a page for the Egyptian Army and to take care of their great horses. Horses don't spit at you. Or kick you out of spite.
At least that's what I've heard.

*The artist formerly known as CmdrVimes*

Hancock, John.
Cordslash
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Blackboard Monitor

Postby Glassjaw Girl » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:01 am

I'm Zain Javadd Malik, maker of perfumes. He can only move in one direction.

Glassjaw Girl
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Communications Commander

Postby Jesuschrysler » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 am

I shall be Samuel Grundleplith the evangelical atheist

Jesuschrysler
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 am

I'll be Sir Eyebrows of Orange, knight.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby Midas Burroughs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:23 am

Francesco Salviati, a merchant turned Knight Templar. Has sticky fingers and goes where he pleases.

Resident expert of disagreeing and fruit.
Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Advocatus Diaboli

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:19 am

I thought you were too busy, Orange? Great to have you though.

Midas and Chrysler, it's great to have some fresh blood as well as the regulars; I hope you enjoy it and I'm sure you'll both do great.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby sunglasses » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Midas disappeared after Superheros. Never did say why, though. Hmmmm

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Overlord Moo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 pm

sunglasses wrote:Midas disappeared after Superheros. Never did say why, though. Hmmmm

*Looks all around, obviously distraught*

Alright, I confess! I did it! I killed the real Midas and burried him under the floorboards! I thought this duplicate make the pounding stop, but it didn't work. Please, make the infernal noise stop!

*Breaks down sobbing*

6:54 Bert: Moo is so cool he wishes he could be someone else just so he could better understand what it is like to live in a world with Overlord Moo in it
9:46:06 PM GG If Moo goes oh my I know it means bad
<Strant> wig+wonderbra+Strant=Deeno
Overlord Moo
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Stolen Thunder

Postby Midas Burroughs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Actually, I kind of ragequit the games out of frustration. See, the post I just dredged up on the superhero game I originally posted right after the game ended. However, as happens to me at times, the forum logged me out when I posted it. When I logged in, the post had been lost and there was no way to retrieve it. Being kind of an idiot, I'd put a stupid amount of work into that post (the original was a lot longer) and seeing it gone for such a stupid reason pissed me off to no end. But I found a draft of it I'd saved out of sheer paranoia, put in a little prologue and feel like getting back into things.

Also, Moo's crazy. I'm not buried under the floorboards; I'm walled off in the cellar with a starving cat.

Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Sheepman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Yeah, I used to have that problem with some forums. It's happened to me a couple of times here too; I'm going to have to start a text file for writing posts in, so I don't lose all my work if something breaks.

sunglasses wrote:Additionally, I'd like to add that I don't recommend leaving small children alone with Aviel. They may come back crying after being shown the odds that they were going to die horribly in the next 70 years.

I'm not trapped in here with you. You're trapped in here with me.
Sheepman
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: God'); DROP TABLE Students;--

Postby Midas Burroughs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:22 pm

I just put things in gmail, now. It autosaves and for some reason I like writing in it more than most word processors.

Midas Burroughs
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Ah... a time of violence and religious intolerance, perpetuated by people who were alive when King Louis VII reigned. But enough about my family Thanksgiving dinners, let's talk about the crusades!

Since it's Friday the Thirteenth I figure my character will be one unlucky son of a bitch.

I'll be a dashing young frenchman with long flowing hair named LaChaise Rouge Chemise. Rouge always wears red, as is the fashion in his home town, and is seemingly always in peril. He's always the first to be sent into battle and the last to be called out (sometimes days after the battle has ended). He was voted "most likely to die in a horrific manner" by the local chapter of his sword juggling guild and was also voted "most expendable" by every single group or club that he has ever joined.

I sure hope I live past the first page!

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

PreviousNext