Ask The Person Below You

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Ask The Person Below You

Postby Pedgerow » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:56 pm

I loved Sliders when I was a kid, and I have chanced across multiple DVD box sets of it over the past year or so, so I have seen Seasons 1-3 very recently and they're great. I can tell you that yes, the writing team behind Sliders could think of many other plot lines than that one. They have interesting hot takes on political issues that we see even in the present day, such as an episode where women have all the positions of power and men are seen as "the weaker sex" (S01E7). They have several episodes with actual alien invasions, and according to my reading, these episodes become more frequent later on, beyond the point I have seen up to. They have a time travel episode (S03E4). They have multiple episodes featuring DINOSAURS, but those are not as good so shhhh. It sounds like at some point, they have a racism episode (S04E11), although it's a late episode that I haven't seen so it might be terrible too. And even before the sliding device magically allows them to travel to places outside of San Francisco, so back when they are permanently in San Francisco, all of those episodes were filmed in Vancouver.

I honestly disagree with you so strongly on this that my next question is: is there another thing called Sliders that you're talking about, and I've just stormed in here with a load of totally futile trivia about a forgotten TV series when you were really asking about something else?

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Re: Ask The Person Below You

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:33 pm

I just vaguely remember there being a veering from alternate history and post apocalyptic scenarios in favor of some scenarios where the bay area wasn't really implemented as a metropolis, but instead became a dinosaur park or something involving some kind of industry.

If Trump made anime great again, and Bernie Sanders promised to make anime real, what are the current crop of dem candidates' anime policies?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Previous