'It came from the void' (ok-working title) game.

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

'It came from the void' (ok-working title) game.

Postby sunglasses » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:33 am

Hi thar. Want to play a game? This is not a mafia game. There will not be voting for hangings, keelhaulings, or general murder. Although, there will be murder.

Background: There have been reports of suddenly new and unusual vegetation and insects found in a remote mountainous area. A university research team along with a private pharmaceutical company has set up a research lab in this remote area with a team of biologists, entomologists, chemists, botanists, private security, a cook, and a janitor/maintenance person. While there, the research station becomes separated by an unknown force. They are cut off from all forms of communication. They can leave the station and go out approximately 100 yards in all directions before being blocked by a black barrier. Touching the barrier is insanely painful. One day (in game) after they are cut off, a creature from the void will take over one of them. They don't know who it is. The creature looks and acts exactly like their teammate. They need to figure out who is really the voidling and destroy it for all those infested to return to normal-and for the barrier of time and space to drop.

Roles:
Spoiler: show
All roles would be PM'd to players. It's your choice if you want to tell others your role-publically or privately. Different roles have different amounts of HP.
Biologists: 3 total. HP- 36 Are able to draw blood of one player per one day in game to analyze to see if human-this will not show if their minds are corrupted. It will only show if the person analyzed is the voidling. Killing all the biologists will not prevent blood samples from being taken-there are portable blood sampling kits hidden in the research station. Please PM me when a consensus has been reached regarding whose blood to sample.
Chemists: 3 total. HP- 30 Are able to create a compound to prevent infection. Are able to give it to one player per day in game. Given to player via GM PM. When the player takes the compound (it's their choice on when to do so) it will last one day/night cycle. The chemists have stashes of this compound hidden through out the research station.
Entomologists: HP-28 Can kill mutated insects without dice rolls.
Botanists: HP-28 Can kill mutated plants without dice rolls.
Private security: 5 persons total. HP-50 Can kill the player suspected of being the voidling. They also have guns and can roll a 1d6 twice, regardless of what is attacking them. Each security agent has a pair of handcuffs that they can choose to use once to incapacitate a Corrupted player (if the alcohol does not cure them and no one wants to kill them in game).
Cook: HP-12 The cook has access to wine and cooking sherry. The alcohol has a 50/50 shot of curing infestation. It is rumored that if the cook dies, another will take his place and get the key to the liqour.
Janitor/Maintenance person: HP-unknown. Immune to infestation. Cannot be the voidling. The scientists have decided that this partly because of his love of moonshine had addled his brain preventing any form of mind control. He can use his moonshine once per in game day to see if someone is corrupted. If corrupted by the voidling, they cannot drink the moonshine. There are rumors that s/he has secret caches of moonshine through out the research station.
The corrupted: Can be any players except for the Voidling. The Voidling can corrupt one person per night. The Voidling also has an additional chance to corrupt any player in a dark room/area during the day (This is a 50/50 chance) The only way this person cannot be corrupted is if they are the janitor or have taken the compound within the specified amount of time. The corrupted will attack other players if attacked by them. When counter-attacking the Corrupted roll a 1d12. The Corrupted can insta-kill one player per night if the Voidling commands them to do so. This is not their choice-it is chosen by the Voiding. The corrupted cannot say they are corrupted. It will not cause them to talk or act different EXCEPT they cannot drink moonshine or perform in game special tasks i.e. the biologist cannot sample blood belonging to the voidling, the chemist cannot make his compound, the security forces cannot kill the suspected voiding, and the cook cannot give out wine. Other players can choose to kill or incapacitate the Corrupted.
The Voidling: This will player will not be known to the others. They need to figure out who this player is and kill them to win. The voiding cannot kill other players but can corrupt one player per night and an additional chance to corrupt a player in a dark area/room during the day (unless they have a light source). The Voidling can summon mutated insects/plants/the Corrupted when attacked (by other players).

All players except when specified above can attack with a D6.

Items:
Spoiler: show
Items are randomly found. I'll PM you if you find one, since some items are of a more....sensitive nature and could make you a target.

Portable blood sampling kits
: Can test if someone is the Voidling. This can be used regardless of the Biologists' status in game or if they've already used theirs. It has 3 uses.
Moonshine cache: A small bottle of moonshine. Can be used to see if someone is Corrupted. Has 2 uses.
Liquor cabinet key: This will be randomly found/given if the Cook dies. Infinite uses.
Chemist stash: a hidden supply of the compound that prevents Corruption. Has 1 use.
Flashlight: The damn thing is always stuck on. Thankfully, it's just one of those ones you shake-so you don't need batteries. If you have the flashlight and enter a darkened area, you will not get corrupted. Infinite uses.
Spam: Will replenish 6 HP. One use.
Remember kids-search corpses for items. You never know what you might find.

Various mutated insects and plants can randomly attack. If your HP runs out-you die. The creatures attack with a 1d6 unless otherwise specified.

There is no map (unless someone wants to make one). Just remember-it is a research station. So there are labs, a men's quarters, a women's quarters, and a mess hall for sure. The environment is completely destructible. If you break a light-the light will no longer work. If you burn, say, the mess hall, you cannot go back there until the fire has stopped burning. The one place you cannot destroy is the Lead Researcher's office. It's mine and always well lit.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I plan on taking as many people as want to play! Sign up will last ONE week. So until 8/10/13 unless there are numerous requests to extend or shorten the sign up.

Come play with me!

Last edited by sunglasses on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: 'It came from the void' (ok-working title) game.

Postby Kate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:41 am

I would absolutely like to sign up!

I can't think of a character name yet because I'm exhausted, but I'll edit it in tomorrow.

ETA:
And tomorrow is a week later.

Karen, 24, female

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby WaitYAmIHere » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 am

Drinking moonshine? I'm in.

EDIT: Wait, I'm supposed to name myself? Do I have to do all the work? Fine. I'll be Yami. Because I'm original.

Last edited by WaitYAmIHere on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wait... How did I get back here?
WaitYAmIHere
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: An imagination of a figment

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:46 am

Oh, I'LL play with you all right.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:17 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Cullenmcpimpin » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:44 am

Im in. Someone more creative than me should be Prof. Scott Bug.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Our forum-mate Cullenmcpimpin
Left the ladies all lovelorn and limpin'.
His formidable size
Left the rest of the guys
To weep at their annual wimp-in.
Cullenmcpimpin
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 am

Name: Alain Zilarrezko
Description: A Basque, Jewish Asiaphile with a passion for tea; often spouts psuedo-koans. The koans are ill-fitting, as though he tries to come off as zen, he is quick to anger. He tends to swear in Basque.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby malosaires » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 am

I'm in.

I'm reviving Dameon Fisher. Three years after returning to Earth in failure with the strange teleportation fluid, Professor Ting and I have gotten good and fool-hardy enough for another expedition into the world of the TCS forum games.

I've got a tumblr where I write about stuff, some of which is also on this site. I've also got a few videos you might wanna check out.
malosaires
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Pre-Futurist

Postby Australia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:34 am

I'd like to come in her void.

sunglasses wrote:The one place you cannot destroy is the Lead Researcher's office. It's mine and always well lit.

Sounds like a wager to me.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby 52xMax » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:21 am

Sign me up, Scotty.

I'll come up with a character later. I just hope I'm not a geologist, those guys are always the redshirts in these kinds of movies.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby NudgeNudge » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:56 am

This sure sounds better than that stupid Gash game. Count me in!

I shall be Zarko Djuric, a Serbian ex-basketball player with little self-esteem.

"This post brought to you by Hate Week"

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Tablo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:11 am

Name:Tab Lo
Sex: Female.
History:She is half Chinese and half American,feisty, brave, beautiful.She is often works alone and has a deep mistrust of everyone around her.She never leaves anywhere without her necklace which is of deep sentimental value to her.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Tablo, the resident shrink
Will cure all your ills in a blink
(If you're weird or you're lazy:
If actually crazy
You're better off turning to drink)

My therapy thread
Nothing to see here keep moving ,you signature looking looker.
Tablo
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Table,Therapist and ladies man

Postby sunglasses » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Australia wrote:
sunglasses wrote:The one place you cannot destroy is the Lead Researcher's office. It's mine and always well lit.

I can't tell if that means you want to officially be a part of the game or not...I think it means...yes?

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby NisiOptimum » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:50 pm

This sounds awesome.

Name: Trelawney Drax

Description: An Oxford-educated big-game hunter, fallen on hard-times since the Ugandan government nationalized his family's colonial holdings. Some say he has a dark secret in his past which haunts him to this day. Others say he's just an asshole. Maybe this game will reveal the truth.

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Duke of Chrome

Postby Australia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm

sunglasses wrote:
Australia wrote:

I can't tell if that means you want to officially be a part of the game or not...I think it means...yes?

Fine, I'll play Ashtherion, the cowardly douchebag, who will kill defenceless people mercilessly but runs away at the first sign of a real fight. He also doesn't play by any rules, thriving on chaos and destruction, so expect the Lead Researcher's office to be trashed - just to clarify, is it the office that's made of lead or the researcher? Because I knew robots were made by researchers but I didn't know they had the skills to be one. Still more likely than Ash having the brain, heart or courage to get a remotely real job. He's probably posing as a janitor to kill anyone who's unarmed, oblivious to any plot that's going on because the whole world revolves around him.

This post was not brought to you by Hate Week. The character is based off the true Ashtherion and nothing has been exaggerated. It was however brought to you by Laugh at Ash Week, sponsored by the Make a Twisted Wish foundation.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Next