Which fictional characters are Trump supporters?

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Which fictional characters are Trump supporters?

Postby Australia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Literally every character in The Americans.

If that's cheating, I was going to say Red Forman, considering his stance on snowflakes and wanting to make America great again but I just don't think he'd have the patience for Trump. Or modern politics at all for that matter. Less grabbing people by the pussy, more putting foots in their assholes. But that line of thinking trickled down to his son. Now obviously his friendship with Fez is going to make Eric think twice given that his friends are literally all he has going for him (I mean assuming Trump is running in the 70s, I'm sure Eric has goals and accomplishments now that he's pushing 60) but he does have that mentality that things should just be handed to him and has been known to throw a tantrum when things don't go his way.

Regardless Kelso definitely would, considering he is the kind of guy that would vote for someone who reminds him of himself and they share the same realm of intelligence and coherent thought. Speaking of Kelsos, Bob from Scrubs would be in the 'people in charge should do whatever they want regardless of the lives affected' voting mindset, The Todd would have doubled down after hearing about the harassment and the Janitor just wants to watch the world burn.

Wait, has Trump come down hard against drugs? Because if so, ignore this entire post past the first sentence.

Oh, Sheriff Hopper would have to be sick of invaders coming from down below by now and has contributed to closing the gate twice, which is the equivalent of building a wall in non-fantasy worlds, right? No, I guess that would just be closing an actual gate. Shut up.

Last edited by Australia on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby JamishT » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:39 pm

cmsellers wrote:Parks and Rec and The Office
Ron Swanson's brand of libertarianism, I think, makes him unlikely to support Trump. Trump is the opposite of a libertarian, and though a distressing number "libertarians" did support Trump, they tended to be Tea Party types, which Ron Swanson really isn't, and to reliably vote Republican. I always read Ron Swanson as a capital-L, Libertarian who reliably votes for Libertarian Party candidates and writes stuff in when there's none available. And I don't read Andy as political at all.

Of all the Parks and Rec employees, I feel like Donna and Jerry are the most likely Trump supporters, though I have an easier time imagining both as apolitical. That said, I can imagine all the Parks and Rec employees bullying Jerry for voting Trump, someone calls Donna out on supporting Trump too, and she has some excuse about why it's different for her.

While Ron Swanson is a staunch libertarian, he also likes ineffectual people in government. I can see him voting for Trump out of the hope he'll lead the government to crash and burn. Andy may not be political at all, but being around so many political types, he may feel/be pressured to vote anyway. Trump may have reached him better than Hillary, but IDK if April would have steered him to Hillary or trolled the US by voting Trump with him.
Your points on Donna and Jerry are completely valid and I'm a little mad that I didn't think of them!

Michael Scott doesn't seem like the political type, but Angela is 100% a Trump supporter and same for most of the white warehouse crew. Phyllis is a plausible Trump supporter, as an old white woman. Jim and Pam, TBH, seem like Trump supporters too, especially Jim, given how much of a bully he is. Dwight, I feel like, is someone who doesn't vote because voting is how they track you, but I can imagine him defending Trump once he's in office.

I only nominated Michael, because he would probably see Trump as a brilliant businessman, but he may have weird ideas about voting so who knows.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby JamishT » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:41 pm

cmsellers wrote:Parks and Rec and The Office
Ron Swanson's brand of libertarianism, I think, makes him unlikely to support Trump. Trump is the opposite of a libertarian, and though a distressing number "libertarians" did support Trump, they tended to be Tea Party types, which Ron Swanson really isn't, and to reliably vote Republican. I always read Ron Swanson as a capital-L, Libertarian who reliably votes for Libertarian Party candidates and writes stuff in when there's none available. And I don't read Andy as political at all.

Of all the Parks and Rec employees, I feel like Donna and Jerry are the most likely Trump supporters, though I have an easier time imagining both as apolitical. That said, I can imagine all the Parks and Rec employees bullying Jerry for voting Trump, someone calls Donna out on supporting Trump too, and she has some excuse about why it's different for her.

While Ron Swanson is a staunch libertarian, he also likes ineffectual people in government. I can see him voting for Trump out of the hope he'll lead the government to crash and burn. Andy may not be political at all, but being around so many political types, he may feel/be pressured to vote anyway. Trump may have reached him better than Hillary, but IDK if April would have steered him to Hillary or trolled the US by voting Trump with him.
Your points on Donna and Jerry are completely valid and I'm a little mad that I didn't think of them!

Michael Scott doesn't seem like the political type, but Angela is 100% a Trump supporter and same for most of the white warehouse crew. Phyllis is a plausible Trump supporter, as an old white woman. Jim and Pam, TBH, seem like Trump supporters too, especially Jim, given how much of a bully he is. Dwight, I feel like, is someone who doesn't vote because voting is how they track you, but I can imagine him defending Trump once he's in office.

I only nominated Michael, because he would probably see Trump as a brilliant businessman, but he may have weird ideas about voting so who knows.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby tinyrick » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:09 pm

After Windy's J. Jonah Jameson clipping from the comics,which I'm not as familiar with as the movies and some of the animated shows, I'll have to refine my answer to that J. Jonah Jameson would be a Trump supporter depending on which universe. The movies and the most recent video game make him seem like an Alex Jones stand-in.

I've seen some people suggest the Bundy family from Married with Children, but they're another TV family I think doesn't vote, except for Bud, who'd suddenly find politics interesting because some hippy chick found him interesting in college and started having sex with him. The Darcy's would be Trumpers though cause tax cuts for their income bracket.

Ok, original thought here: Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace.

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:17 pm

tinyrick wrote:I've seen some people suggest the Bundy family from Married with Children, but they're another TV family I think doesn't vote, except for Bud, who'd suddenly find politics interesting because some hippy chick found him interesting in college and started having sex with him. The Darcy's would be Trumpers though cause tax cuts for their income bracket.

There was one episode of Married with Children that dealt with elections, "The Chicago Wine Party". The Bundys were indeed shown as apathetic about politics, but went to vote that time, because a beer tax was proposed.

I think Marcy would be a Hillary supporter, because she was portrayed as a caricature of a feminist liberal. In the same episode, she says: "This is the year of the woman. [the episode aired in 1992] Everyone I know is going to vote for a woman regardless of her qualifications or her stance on the issues."

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Australia wrote:Literally every character in The Americans.

If that's cheating, I was going to say Red Forman, considering his stance on snowflakes and wanting to make America great again but I just don't think he'd have the patience for Trump. Or modern politics at all for that matter. Less grabbing people by the pussy, more putting foots in their assholes. But that line of thinking trickled down to his son. Now obviously his friendship with Fez is going to make Eric think twice given that his friends are literally all he has going for him (I mean assuming Trump is running in the 70s, I'm sure Eric has goals and accomplishments now that he's pushing 60) but he does have that mentality that things should just be handed to him and has been known to throw a tantrum when things don't go his way.

Fez would be the Trump supporter. I'm pretty sure of that.

Red might vote for Trump, but then stop supporting him out of frustration with Korea. Erick will have joined his dad, because he trusted his instincts that time. Kitty will probably have never voted Trump in the first place, and will be hiding that from Red. Jackie and her family might support Gary Johnson, Hillary Clinton, or Trump. Cast a die, figure it out. But wherever it lands, even though Kelso would probably vote for Trump for himself, its in Jackie's hands. Donna and her family will never vote Trump. Just Go full "Hill-dawg".

Hyde... Wouldn't vote.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:41 pm

First thing that came to mind...

Foghorn Leghorn.
trump does seem like a dog hater.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Krashlia » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:51 am

Okay, heres a quick list of King of the Hill characters I'm sure would be, or would not be, Trump supporters:

The Hills: They... won't be Trump supporters. Not because they're especially good, progressive minded people, but simply because he strikes them wrong. Hank is a sort of modest, salt of the earth, diligence and integrity pays kinda guy. Also, the concept of being from New York City repulses him as much as it does any Texan. Trump, of course, is a rich and immodest loud mouth from New York. Peggy might object to his language around Mexicans, as her role as a Spanish teacher might make her feel that she has to come to the defense of Mexican students. And Bobby? Bobby will mostly take after Hank, but also might feel Trump is kind of mean.

Luanne: Wanted a woman to be "Prezidant", because maybe one day it means she could be.

Lucky: He didn't care who would be President... but probably could be swayed to Trump if he could somehow get money out of it.

Dale: Trump supporter, and why not? He'll be the most attracted to the whole "Deep State" idea. Also, he's extremely pro-gun ownership. Besides, the potential of deregulation might help his exterminator business. Funny thing about Dale, though, is that he sometimes has a weird role in the plot, where he makes Hank aware of ideas that were not previously considered. For example, when Hank assumes Boomhauer is trying to win over his brother's fiance, Dale is the one that points out that Hank jumped to conclusions and didn't gave Boomhauer a fair hearing.

Nancy Gribble: Not a Trump supporter. Believes it sets a bad example for her audience.

Joseph Gribble*: Not a Trump supporter. He's on his moms side, he heard supporting Trump was racist, and the position makes him attractive to some girls.

John Redcorn: Trump supporter. business reasons.

Boomhauer: Trump supporter, for the prospect of lower taxes. It helps fund his more luxurious life style, and since he's a cop of sorts it might mean better pay somewhere.

Bill: Not a Trump supporter... He's With Her.

Kahn and family, including Connie: Trump supporters. What, you thought it was impossible because they're Laotian and not White? Stop being racist. They're a family of high achievers who came to this country to attain the American dream, but there has to be a dream to attain. So they want Trump to Make America Great Again.

Buck Strickland: Trump supporter. Why not?

Mr. Thatherton: Not a Trump supporter, precisely because Strickland is.

*Pedgerow notes:
Joseph Gribble might be the only one I'd disagree with; I could see him supporting a man so closely aligned with Pepe the Frog.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:39 pm

How will the Trump Presidency arc of King of the Hill end?

Whether they deny it happened, are angry or disappointed that it happened,just feel glad its over, or whatever, they'll all resolve their differences on their collective disliking of Joe Biden. The presidency will then never come up as an arc again.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:50 pm

Patrick Bateman is a Trumper.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:57 am

Okay, how about the "Penguin Force" or "Kiga" from Penguindrum?

Yeah, sure, they're more likely to be Leftists. What with their fanatical concern for the children, and ruthless antagonism to a society that would toss them away. I bet, if the Diet came out and said, "We're building more orphanages, and dedicating more funds to child welfare and foster care programs," they would've reconsidered listening to Dr. Sanetoshi and bombing that subway. But....

What if they just *weren't* Leftists?

Then it would be all radical Q-anon, and ranting about how utterly vile it is that this world lets children be consumed by vampiric pedos.
Thks would've been just fine for Dr. Sanetoshi, who didn't really care about saving kids, or anyone really, but about lashing out misanthropically at the world. Although, it would've come with a dose of irony, considering that he sort of gets creepy with Himari and Momoka.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue May 24, 2022 10:37 pm

Dung Eater from Elden Ring definitely voted for Trump.

You are but a lamb. A stranger to defilement. Ignorant to your own ignorance.
You no longer interest me.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Windy » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:56 am

The obvious answer

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Previous