[Fate RP] The Dragon Files: Boston

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] The Dragon Files: Boston

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 am

Lu feels the girl's breathing ease into a steady pattern. The cat rises and leaves silently.

11:30 PM

A woman with dark skin and flowers in her hair enters a bar in Framingham. She smiles at the tired bartender, letting him look at her face long enough for him to smile back.

"My name is Pannagi. Will you please help me?"

df-2.png
:>
df-2.png (19.58 KiB) Viewed 4693 times

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Scarik » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Wizmous

Long hours after the embarrassing ambush in the sunbeam Wizmous finds herself in a bright moonbeam finishing her catalog.

She is about to take another nap when she feels the presence of a dragon near Moon Island. It only lasts for a minute before it recedes but it is an unmistakable sensation.

Ulupi

To put it mildly the Sligo Pub is not a nice place. Its not even great by dive bar standards but it has the same charm many of the Irish-style pubs across the state have in that there is almost always live music. Most days its just a group of patrons playing guitars, fiddles and mandolins where the stage is but on weekends they have full bands and the place is packed.

It holds maybe 300 people on those nights with a fair amount of Indian and Thai people as well as the Irish-Americans and general populace that like Irish beer and music. One thing they do that most others don't is stick to using pork in most of their dishes rather than beef. The owner chalks it up to pork being the mainstay of authentic, Irish food while beef is an american addition.

She also does plenty of lamb dishes and hired a cook who knows Thai cuisine who claims to make Irish-Thai fusion, whatever that is.

"Sure," the bartender says, "what can I get you?"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:48 am

The way humans react to cats sneaking up on them is something Lux will never stop being amused by. Once her presence is made known and accepted by the human, it's only a matter of time before she's invited inside, which was what she expected. That he recognized her as Father Frank's cat almost had her smirking, but cats don't really make that facial expression, do they? After making her way inside, Lux glances back as the mortal closes the door behind her.

Not only is she aware of the other dragon observing her, but she's intrigued as well. Later - once she's certain the man is sleeping soundly and free of nightmares for the time being - perhaps she could find the time to make a new acquaintance. For now though, she has more pressing issues to deal with.

Her new 'friend' (for lack of a better way of putting it), doesn't protest when she jumps up onto the couch next to him, allowing him to both pet her and ramble at his leisure. Soon enough, she begins to purr, knowing the sound to have a calming effect on most people. As he began to drift off, Lux looked up into his eyes, wondering what it was he truly desired.

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:40 am

Cipactli

It takes 4-11 minutes for the couple to notice anything is amiss depending on which of them you ask. But by then the frog has fallen asleep and is very startled when its suddenly lifted off the ground.

So much so that it jumps directly into the midsection of the larger member of the pair and he falls backward into the swamp.

That's when Cipactli also notices the presence of a dragon to the east and by rolling over and chewing on a weed with leaves that look a bit like a crocodile's head from that angle it knows that its a water serpent of power comparable to its own.

Lucifer

The young man, Stephen O'Hara, once Lux peers into his mind, wants nothing else but the object of his nightmarish torments. He met her in a bar to the west and after their first encounter in the storeroom that night he's been unable to shake the vision of her bright eyes and bronze skin from his mind.

The only reason he hasn't gone to her already is that he can't afford the train.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby lualuadingdong » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:34 am

Rolling out of the moonbeam, Wizmous twitches her tail in irritation. "Who in the world is making such a ruckus... and at this hour?" she wonders. She slinks off into the bushes, out of sight. There is a peculiar sound, as if the air is suddenly rushing in to fill a cat shaped hole in the world.

Moments later on Moon Island, a cat walks along the shore, eyes scanning the water.

lualuadingdong
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:20 am

Pannagi looks around. "Is it always this fun here? I should come around more. The music is nice."

She looks back, and her forehead creases. "I'm sorry, you are busy. Please, a beer if you would be so kind. What is your name?"

As he comes back for the second round, Pannagi leans forward.

"A passing acquaintance suggested me this place. Lovely little woman, dark skin and hair, shiny eyes. Makes you think of a moonlit night, really. She a regular?"

The bartender laughs. "Sounds like her," he nods at a picture on the wall. The owner. Made sense.

"Sneaky way of advertising."

"But it worked," he smiles back, before another patron calls for him.

As he comes around again, Pannagi meet his eyes.

"That it did. I ought to shake her hand and tell her 'well played'. Where can she be found?... Thank you. :) If you will excuse me." She pays the bill and leaves.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:29 am

"It's always a woman, isn't it?" Lux muses with a sigh, slipping out from under the arm of young Mr. O'Hara. She senses Lilli outside and has a job for her, one that she would do if she wasn't intent on keeping an eye on her new charge.

Shifting to her human form, she steps outside, relaying the description of the woman and what she found out about the bar to her favorite bounty hunter. Hopefully, Lilli will know what to do when she finds the apparently intoxicating creature. As for Lux, she had a worshiper to watch over for the night. Shifting back into her cat form, the dragon headed back inside, curling up next to the snoring human.

Last edited by roobeastie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:11 am

Nox, stirred as Samantha came over. Listening intently to her favorite lawyer, she got the description of this so called intoxicating creature. There were a few things that Lilli could do, what was it that Lux wanted exactly? Nox decided to bring said creature back.

She'd probably have to shift into human form when she found this mystery woman. Or to find out where she was.. With that thought, she shifted and ran off to find this bounty.

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:40 am

Pannagi glides through the crowd and closes in on her target. "Hiya. Nice moves. I'm Pannagi."

"Hiya back. Alawa," the vampire smiles, her eyes glittering.

The queen has no interest in stretching out this dance with a
vampire. "You want to show me some more of where that came from?" she jerks her head at the side entrance.

Alawa chuckles, whether in surprise or something else. "Allow me." She leads the way outside to a side-alley and leans toward her. Pannagi says as if she's breathless, "You're beautiful."

In reply, Alawa puts her hands over each of Pannagi's shoulders and on the wall behind her, breathing in her scent and backing her into a tight position. Pannagi quickly ducks out underneath an arm and stands behind the vampire. "I like being free. To explore," she whispers in her ear.

Alawa turns around and holds her, and it is then she notices the smooth skin has hardened and stretched, and become more... slithery. :P

Her eyes widen in shock as a giant hooded cobra rises to tower over her. Ulupi hisses and snaps at her but the vampire gets ahold of her wits and leaps back from the gleaming teeth at the last moment. She starts to run but the snake has other ideas, lashing the ground in front of her with its tail. The vampire barely jumps over the "wall" but she is still a long way from the entrance of the alley.

She turns around in anger, her human form peeling off like leather, and spats, "What is the meaning of this, dragon?"

"I am here as a result of your careless picking of victims. You harmed a worshipper of mine. Therefore, you die."

Alawa sneers, "She sure seemed to love it."

Ulupi strikes again in full force and this time it hits home. The vampire howls in pain and anger, fully turning into her real form, a nasty-looking bat-like creature. She screeches. Ulupi hears heavy sounds from inside the bar as she bites Alawa again and again.

A crowd of infected humans and addicts break out through the door. She hesitates, and that is all the vampire needs to weakly stumble away from her and take to her heels.

Ulupi glares at the fleeing vampire and at the restless people heading for her. Duty demands she chase her down and deal punishment. But these men and women... her gaze softens. It is not late enough to save them.

She turns to face the mortals, drawing them into her tail circle. Light fills the alley as a wave of healing washes through them.

12.07 AM

As Pannagi soothes the confused people back into the bar and is about to step in herself, she suddenly feels a a prickly sensation on her back. Another of her kind is here. Yay, more trouble. She didn't feel like sleeping tonight anyway, you know?

She cautiously closes the door after the last one as a dark-skinned woman in black steps forward. A pisasu... "Hello," she says softly. "My name is Pannagi. May I help you?"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:49 am

It is a warm summer night, so the window in the child's room has been left ajar. Not that Jack would be thwarted by something so simple, but he happily avails himself of the convenience. Perched on the outer windowsill, all is still for the moment: there are no lights in the windows of the Ellisons' house or their neighbours, no sounds of mortals stirring.

A moment's effort, and Jaculus is perched outside the upper-story window, long wings folded, hind feet gripping the edge of the windowsill, strong tail coiled in readiness. He launches himself into a dive with one flick of legs and tail, body snapping straight as a javelin as he gathers speed. He is not diving to attack though, only for the sheer exhilaration of sudden speed, and he quickly spreads his wings to level out and begin to gain height.

If any mortal had been looking - so far as human eyes are capable of looking properly at anything, they would have noticed only a bird or large bat darting through the night. Any unfamiliarity in its form, just a trick of the light, or of the various substances with which mortals further dull their clumsy senses, especially when they are awake this late at night.

It is only a mile or two to World's End, as the crow flies. And Jaculus flies faster than a crow. Further away is another of his kind, engaged in some no doubt interesting violence, but first he will see what is happening in his territory.

Last edited by CarrieVS on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby chrisjander » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:29 pm

As Nox heads off to her bounty, Chess pounces down to the door where Lux stands in her human form. The cat's body continues to alight on the ground, while Cheshire's face doesn't follow, floating gently at eye level and rolling upsidedown with his knowing eyes and grin watching Lux with hungry interest.

"My my, a curious night. What piques your interest, Lord of the Light?"

The cats body finds a small cockroach outside the door and begins batting it around.

chrisjander
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:22 pm

Walking into the bar, looking around for her bounty, Lilli responds "Hello, Pannagi I was just looking for a woman that I was told would be here. She's has bright eyes, and bronze skin; have you seen her? Plus now seem as good a time as any to get a drink."

Lilli walks up to the bar, fidgeting with her horns, making sure the hair is in place; a mannerism she got from watching all the humans, seemingly like a nervous gesture.

"I'd like a Mojito, please", She says getting the bartenders attention as she sits on an empty stool.

Last edited by panda1594 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:41 pm

"She was here. Now she is not." Pannagi takes a seat beside the woman and waves at the bartender. He smiles, coming over, and takes down the other woman's order. "Met her then, did you?" he asks her.

She smiles, offering no answer. As he moves off, Pannagi quietly narrates what happened in brief to the stranger. "May I ask what your business was with her?"

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Eyebrows aloft as Lux glances up at the disembodied head of Chess, she allows herself a smirk of amusement while she watches the mercurial creature before her. Whether or not his rhyming was intentional, it was certainly in line with the other dragons' whimsical nature. And really, while there was no reason Lux had to answer Chess, she saw no reason not to. After all, despite being known as the 'father of lies' in some incarnations, Lux was actually honest to a fault.

"A prayer, whispered into the air, a desire to help abate the fear."

Her answer may not have made sense to someone unaware of the situation, but Lux had an inkling of how long Chess had been around that night.

Later, after she finishes her conversation with Cheshire, she makes sure she's by the phone when Nox calls. News of the situation doesn't shock her, though it does help cement her idea of what they're going up against. She tells Nox that the other is free for the evening and thanks her for her service, pondering their next move.

Last edited by roobeastie on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:01 pm

After some contemplating, Lilli finally answers. "I was looking for her for a friend. I don't suppose you happen to know which way she went?" Thinking that was a silly question as she was asking it, "Excuse me for a moment." Finding the phone at bar, Lilli quickly calls Samantha, praying she gets through to her on this strange number. To give an update on the search.

Getting back to the conversation, sipping her drink, "On second thought, I am not in a rush; I don't need to know where she went. Oh,I'm Lilli by the way. Sorry I get caught up at times, looking for the one I search for."

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

PreviousNext