[Fate RP] The Dragon Files: Boston

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] The Dragon Files: Boston

Postby chrisjander » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:42 pm

A tangle of yarn is perhaps the most irresistible for a cat, and likewise a problem attracting the attention of multiple dragons was irresistible for Chess. With a quick rub against Lux's human form, Chess darts off into the dark. The next few nights began the hunt.

With soft paws on pavement, he scampers away to the subway, mostly empty of mortals this time of night. It was almost time. The clock would soon strike thirteen, and the train was never late. Downtown Crossing station had been in existence for over a century, a crossroads now dug deep in the land. Merging north and south, east and west, pointing out to land, water, and air, it was a place of power and travel. They say the MBTA is never on time, and that's because it is unconsciously delayed by other transports. Ghostly trains, veiled in glamour, make stops at various times and locations, but at the thirteenth hour it is always here, and it travels out of mortal lands.

At the appointed hour, the train pulls up and the doors open, unnoticed by the few mortal night workers and homeless hanging around the station. Cheshire walks onto the subway car, its only occupant, looking more like the trolleys of a hundred years ago though the inside was deceivingly much more spacious. He hops up into the driver's lap, who rings the bell as the car closes its doors and begins to move. Exposing his belly for scratches, Chess regards the driver, a vaguely human looking shadow in an old uniform. "Hello Jeremy," Chess purrs.

Jeremy had died a century before, his fascination and obsession with the new subways letting himself work himself to death. And his spirit drove on. Over a century old, the ghost didn't even have a face anymore, just a purpose, and one he performed with aplomb. He was never late, and ferried those who stepped on board from the lands of mortal to the Nevernever of Boston. His “face” looks down at Chess and seemed to smile. Ghostly hands pet the cat as they drove into the tunnels and out of realms mortal.

Chess hops down and into the spaciousness of the car before they crossed the border. As they did, the small gray cat was no longer there, but instead an enormous beast of tooth and claw. Frumious and terrible, its eyes held no hint of guile, only pure force and madness. They drove on, and the Bandersnatch extended its fine hunters senses, searching for a hint of Stephen O’Hara. Mortals with power sometimes had enough power to extend their dreams to the Nevernever, if there was enough intensity, bringing a pocket realm of their own making into existence. Despite his trauma and nightmares, Stephen wouldn’t have the power for that, but Chess was far more savvy and powerful when it came to dreams. While mortal dreams could cross over into the Nevernever and assert their power there, so could Chess cross the other way. All mortal dreams run tangent to the Nevernever, and for a hunter with millennia of experience, it took little to find and enter those dreams.

Chess exited at the end of the line, at the edge of where the Boston of Faerie ended and the wilds of the Nevernever began. It is here, at the edges, where one can find mortal dreams nudging up against the barriers. With the scent of O’Hara in his head, the Bandersnatch slid between the edges and into a different Boston. One not wholly in Faerie, and not wholly in the mortal. This was where dreams could be found. Hints of figures darted all around and through each other, a maddening pell-mell of smoky figures, each rushing about in their own dreams, formless and unidentifiable. And one stood out for Chess, the target of his hunt. Not formless as the others were, Chess could see O’Hara as he saw himself in his dream. Hunched and nervous, he hurried to his basement apartment looking over his shoulder. As Chess focused on Stephen, the rest of the dreamers faded from his awareness, and the dream became just the figments of O'Hara's mind.

Now out of Faerie proper, the Bandersnatch changed form, coalescing through smoke into the much more approachable cat form that Chess preferred. He followed O’Hara down the steps to his door and mewled at him as he fumbled for his keys.

“Not now kitty,” his voice shook, and he dropped his keys. The air of the dream became heavier and O’Hara felt it, scrambling for the keys and fitting it into the lock. Chess mewled again and scratched at the door as it opened. O’Hara hesitated for a moment, perhaps feeling a sense of deja vu. He made a decision, “Fine, get in! I wouldn’t want you out here with her anyway.” And he opened the door to let them both in.

Inside was even more depressing than in the mortal realm. His apartment was a complete mess, and had many more doors than normal. The TV was on, static that occasionally cut through to scenes of happier times; a beach party for four, an attractive young man smiling as he held hands with Stephen, movies, and dinners, all flashed momentarily on the screen before cutting back to static. The air again grew heavier, and there was a slow knock at the door.

Stephen turned to look at the door, his face a mix of horror and desire. He was covered in sweat and held a shaking hand out to the door, which creaked open of its own accord. Standing silhouetted against the streetlights outside was a feminine form and it spoke to him, “Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

O’Hara swallowed hard and his voice was shaky, “n...” and looked down with a defeated expression. He swallowed his initial refusal, and in a whisper said, “Yes…” The feminine form was on him in an instant, and Chess watched as Stephen’s fear became real to him and took him. The vampire pinned him to the couch, and slashed his arm, licking at the wound, but there was no surcease of his sorrow. In the dream the vampire’s attentions weren’t padded in the comfort of their narcotic saliva. The wounds felt real and horrifying. The man screamed, and Chess watched, grin never leaving his face, as he memorized the face of O’Hara’s attacker.

So this was the source of his madness towing the line between fear of what this creature could do, and the desire O’Hara felt for the narcotic. Curiouser and curiouser… We’ll see how this plays out tomorrow night as well. And Chess did nothing, watching as the creature ripped more tears into Stephen, and stayed there watching until his fear woke him, and the dream dissolved around Cheshire in Smoke.

chrisjander
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby bydawine » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:38 am

Levi hops into the back of the open car, curls up behind the driver's seat, and takes a nap.

A searing brightness reaches Levi's eyes. He springs up prepared to make these hairless monkeys left after the end fight for their meal. "This maybe my fate but I'm taking most of you with me". Slowly it dawns on Levi that the sudden heat and light is just the sun reaching the interior of the car. I do not think I'll ever get used to sun rises. He slinks around the house, so disappointingly identical to all the others around it same shape, same flora, same colors. "Cultists." No open windows are seen and breaking in will attract an annoying amount of attention.

Just as frustration sets in Levi hears a voice. "Psst. Hey over here." As he looks around he sees a black and white cat ,smelling overwhelmingly of fear, sticking his head out of a tiny hidden door in the larger door in the back of the house. "Thank Bast you are here, oh emissary. I have prayed nightly for a full moon cycle."

This could require attention. Bast demands no worship from her subjects outside of just being. For one of them to actively ask for intervention does not bode well. "Please, enlighten me on your dilemma."

"Last hidden moon a strange hooman came to my home. She smelled of blood, death, and bad eggs. When my pet's mate confronted him to protect her and their kittens, the strange one cut her own hand and took their minds. It is horrible, no luvs, no treats, I have to hunt for food instead of fun. I even miss the snoot boops."

Levi puts his paw on this suffering feline's shoulder. "Do not worry any longer. I will stop this evil one." Hopefully before she does anything really stupid.

Levi follows the owner of the house inside to pick up the blood sorceress's scent and any other hints as to what is going on around here.

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:06 am

After a day of napping, instead of searching for Alawa, Nox headed back to Stephen's house in hopes Lux would be there. Seeing Samantha on the phone, Lilli opened the door slowly as to try not to make a sound to wake Stephen, or disturb Samantha. Hearing the tail end of the conversation, Lilli waited patiently.

"What was that about? Who are you helping? Hell, what are we doing?" Lilli inquired.

Stephen seemed to be having a nightmare - Lilli wondered what he could be dreaming about. Hopefully not that vampire, who knows what trouble could cause.

As Stephen woke up, Lilli was out the door hiding in the shadows. Waiting until she was needed. Though from the looks of it, that wouldn't be a long wait.

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Day 3
Noon

A white-grey and a black cat meet up with a white cat in a sweet cat cafe (and shelter) in Boston.

“Hello there.” :)

It wasn’t often that Lux was willing to walk into a meeting without knowing all the facts, but here she was. Leaving Nox to her own devices, she glanced around for the other ‘cat’, settling in nearby.

“Hello, you must be Lilli’s friend.”

“We’ve met, yes. And you are…?”

“Ah yes, introductions… I’m Lux.”

“I’m Lu. Forgive me for eavesdropping on your call.”

“It’s no problem. You clearly recognized that we have something in common, and from the sounds of it, working together could benefit both of us.”

“I’m glad you agree. I will say now that I prefer to lay my cards out in the open. I heard a devotee in distress, and that is how I first got into this mess...” Lu briefly explains her story. “Thankfully, I was able to heal her, and most of the others in the bar.”

Lux listens intently as the other speaks, mentally comparing their situations. “I’d say it’s funny that my story starts in a similar vein, but I don’t find it very amusing.” Without mincing words, Lux recounts how she encountered a parishioner in distress and sought to assist him, finding his tale of frightening urges and nightmares disturbing. “I realize it would be impossible to wipe out the influence entirely, but if I could lessen the grip on this one man to allow him to not feel the guilt he’s experiencing… well, that would be acceptable to me.”

Lu winces. “If he’s already turned, there’s not much to do… but I will take a look.”

“When I last saw him, he was not turned. Just struggling. Of course, I can’t keep eyes on him constantly, but if something has happened in the interim I suppose it’ll be on me to try and find a way to keep him from descending too far into that lifestyle.” There was no way Lux would straight out reference the Red Court, calling attention to them could cause more harm than necessary.

“They certainly don’t need any more eager members.” The white cat leans forward, “I will help. You have my word. All I wish is to find the woman.”

If Lux was questioning Lu’s motives before, her sincerity swayed the somewhat jaded former angel. “I wish the same. If we can somehow lessen her influence, perhaps it would make a difference.”

Lu smiles. “It already has.”

RATE USER ROO OR A GIANT SNEK WILL GET U roo's page

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby roobeastie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:44 am

Later on in the evening, after her meeting with Ulupi, Lux had a little mission of her own. Calling in a favor, she arranged transportation for her kitty-selfing to to get to Hingham, where she could find her way into the wooded park known as World's End. There had been an incident, and an item of great interest came to her attention, therefore Lux planned on retrieving it.

Aware that as a cat she could avoid the wrong type of attention, she prepared herself for something of a hike. Waiting until nightfall, she made her move. Getting dirty was never an issue, nor was doing a little digging. Soon enough, with persistence and effort, she located the prize in question, wanting to make certain it didn't fall into the wrong hands.

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:04 am

Wandering around, while taking the cafe in, Nox eavesdropped on the conversation her friend was having.

When it came to looking for the woman, Nox had to jump in.

"Excuse me, I can help with that; I'll find her for you. Give me a few days and see what I can find"

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:40 am

Leviathan

Levi detects a faint whiff of the corpse from World's End. She was here in the past few days, two, maybe three. Its hard to tell since the house has been cleaned with chemicals since then which leads him down stairs with the housecat. Levi knows what bleach in high concentrations means unlike the mortal feline who just knows its gross and he doesn't like it.

Sure enough in the back of the basement is a hidden door that even in cat form Levi is strong enough to open much to the amazement of his guide. The overwhelming, chemical odor within sends the tabby fleeing and confirms that some sort of sacrifice had taken place there.

Levi can feel the lingering presence of the magic circle and concludes it is some common imp or sprite from the Nevernever and not from beyond the Outer Gates. The sacrifice is all too human though, so whatever was called required tremendous power all the same. Something about it seems familiar though in the scent and the magical residue.

He has met the power behind the summoned creature before, in a time before the Nevernever and the Mortal plane separated and humans were created to displace the Deep Ones.

Cheshire

The next night the grinning cat once more appears at the edge of O'Hara's dreams but this time things are different. The horror and the shame are still there, as well as the shadowy woman, but this time she doesn't tear into O'Hara.

Instead he meets three people in an alley, they are men he knows and who he fears. They exchange packages though what they are is impossible to say in the dream. When O'Hara goes to leave, one of the men calls out to him and then the world flashes red.

In an instant Steve falls to his knees, blood pouring from where a brick hit him in the back of the head, and the woman appears in front of him. She is hungry, she is furious, and she grabs him and lifts him to his feet while drinking greedily at his wound.

Then she laughs and says, "Go on, they will never let you leave."

O'Hara staggers and grabs his head only to find the blood has stopped but the pain remains, thundering in his ears.

He turns around.

A man laughs.

Then darkness, blood, and screams...

Last edited by Scarik on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby lualuadingdong » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 am

With Molly safe in her bed, Wizmous considers what she sensed at World's End. It felt, off... Molly had apparently gotten herself involved in sinister magic. From the quiet babbling Molly exuded while calming herself to sleep, the cat could tell a few things. Something powerful was being used in a magic rite, and something had stopped it dead... by putting an end to the leader of the group. Wizmous deduced it was the draconic presence she felt.

But she could still feel the power after "rescuing" Molly... the dragon hadn't taken it for themselves, nor had any of the other disciples spirited it away.

Padding softly outside to the bottom of the hill, the cat scratched thrice at the base of the inkrock. Windershins around the boulder once, and deosil twice, the cat quietly slipped between dimensions into the entrance of her hoard. She quickly navigated through her twisted maze of passageways and traps, both mundane and magical, to end up at her precious ancient library. It took most of the night to find the book she needed, The Price of Betrayal. This book was both valuable and dangerous, for the sigils of thirty fallen angels were inscribed on its pages, and names, even partial ones, had power. It took her the better part of the next day to prep her reading room so the book could be safely read. But she found the confirmation that she needed. What she had felt at World's End was definitely one of the Denarian coins.

It brought back bitter memories. She had possessed a coin once. She thought she could hold it fast in her hoard, but against all reason, it escaped. She hadn't forgotten the loss, and her pride burned with the shame. After losing the first coin, she had spent the next 250 years tracking the book down as well as the means to permanently contain such a coin. She had the means now, and an opportunity to actually find one had presented itself.

As evening fell the night after Molly's rescue, Wizmous disappeared with a clap of inrushing air and appeared in the clearing where she found the child in Hingham. She was on guard for the draconic presence she had felt the other night; the one she suspected had put an end to the leading sorcerer and had abandoned the coin. But what she didn't expect was to come face to face with a different cat. One she hadn't met before, and had a scent that was both draconic, as well as the same magical scent of the coin... that of a fallen angel.

lualuadingdong
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:00 am

As Lux finally digs deep enough to unearth the Denarian coin, she feels a similar presence tickling at her senses. Not wanting to give up the coin, firmly of the belief that it's safe in her possession due to the corrupting nature of the trinket and the effect she's seen it have on others, she knows she'll need to tread carefully.

Taking a moment to study the other cat, Lux settles herself in a seated position and calmly licks at her dirty paw, daring the stranger to make the first move.

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am

Lu smiles at Nox, "Thank you. If you ever need assistance, the Sligo bar is a safe place now. You will always find one of the nagas there."

She turns to Lux. "Where does Mr. O'Hara live?"

Night

Lu waits. And waits. And waits some more >_>

And then a man comes tearing down the street and runs down the stairs to a basement flat opposite to the alley the cat is waiting in. She is up in an instant and by the man's side even as he frantically turns a key in the lock.

Up close, Lu sees him clearly in the light, and sucks in a breath. Oh no. She immediately pushes him forward, steps inside and closes the door, not that it's going to be much of a barrier against anyone who is chasing him, now that he is... he is...

The newly turned vampire paces around the room clutching his head and babbling something. He has barely registered the cat in the room. Lu looks at him for a moment. No, Alawa will not have full satisfaction. She will see to his addiction first, and then, she will think. She closes her eyes and assumes her true form.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 pm

It is a lazy summer day and Jack dozes for much of it.

In the cool of the evening he stalks out of the house with his tail in the air. Several other tomcats in Hingham know first-hand that the slight, young ginger-and-white is not to be trifled with - a few bear obvious marks of their education, and one other experienced a permanent lesson and is no longer in evidence. He goes where he will, and doesn't even trouble to react when one cat, a grey tabby with one eye, hisses and spits curses from a distance. Mortal beasts.

He wanders for some time, but generally meandering towards his favoured haunt: the woods of World's End. The sun is not down yet, at this time of year, but the light is not so strong and once in the trees it is shady and dim. He is not there for any especial purpose. A chipmunk scurries in the underbrush, and Jack freezes, stalks towards the little creature, and misses his strike as it reacts in a flash. He gives chase, but just for the sport of it, and it gets away. A hundred yards further on a mouse is not so adept, and so deserves its fate.

As he licks the last of its blood from his lips, he notices the smell of decay - something large and dead. Of course it is the sorcerer's corpse, rotting already in the summer heat. But there is something else. Not a smell but a faint feeling of power. Familiar, recently so. The coin. Disturbed.

He is at the base of the hill. He climbs it, stretching his predator's senses. Cats. Two, unfamiliar. Nothing else? He does not sense the draconic power until he is close enough to pierce the Veil of Bast.

They face each other. A grey longhair sits with deceptive daintiness. She has the coin. The other is a patchwork of black, ginger, tabby... and stands facing it. Both are intent upon the other when Jack, his tail twitching, announces himself with a brief "Mrow."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby lualuadingdong » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:21 am

Wizmous was so intent on the cat perched over her coin that she almost jumped when a second cat meowed nearby. Eyeing both warily, she raised herself up to her full magnificent height. Still she was dwarfed by the grey, though the ginger was closer to her size. Privately she approved of the mix of colors on the ginger. Still keeping aware of both cats, she addressed the grey with magnanimity.

"Thank you for finding my coin, fallen one. It has gone wayward from my magnificent hoard and must be replaced. It would be best if you let me handle it. It is dangerous to come into contact with it, and I have prepared a vessel for its disposition."

lualuadingdong
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby chrisjander » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 am

"Oh how delicious," Chess thought as he watched Stephen raging about in his own head. It wasn't often that he got to witness such a contest of emotions. And it appeared that he wasn't even fully asleep, nor fully awake. He was in a waking nightmare. Delightful!

The monster that was now Stephen stood up from the bloody remains of the three gangsters who ambushed him and laid him low. His eyes were bestial, his chest heaving with exertion, blood and bits of flesh hanging from his still human mouth. But the mouth and the rest of him were slowly changing. He looked around frantically, seeking something that wasn't there and rushed off into the night. Chess followed him through the door of a shop and it opened instead to a meadow in full daylight. There were families laughing, children playing with pets. Two young men on a blanket, holding hands and their backs to the monster dripping blood behind them.

The vampire threw an arm up to shield himself from the sun, hiding under an awning and watched the two hungrily. It seemed to be warring with itself on what to do. Finally it turned to flee and the meadow was no longer there. It was now raining in winter, ice sleeting down from the sky. The same couple exited a restaurant, yelling at each other. One held a small plastic bag in one hand, shaking it angrily in the other one’s face. The other looked up with bloodshot eyes and yelled right back. The addict’s face looked familiar. It was Stephen… younger.

The vampire growled and started towards his younger self. The couple were oblivious, and their fight ended when a taxi pulled up and young Stephen got in, slamming the door behind him. The monster followed quickly, pushing bystanders aside, they faded to smoke as he pushed them away. He tore the door off the taxi and lept inside, Chess following close behind.

As they passed through the door, the vampire was rolling into a bar, smoke heavy in the air. The scent of hunters and prey filled the air as well. In the back, behind paper wall dividers where the lights were lower, a number patrons sat at tables, their surfaces covered in various paraphernalia; white powders, syringes, elastic tubing. And with these drugged out users sat more monsters. Most looked like they were just being passionate; lovers locked in an embrace. But as they pulled away, you could see the blood on their lips. The vampire that was Stephen looked about and sure enough, his younger self was there, stumbling out the back door.

He gave chase again, but his younger self was always a step ahead, always just turning a corner around the next building. The scenery shifted again and again, but a few things were clear. They were headed back to his apartment. And when they got there, the monster was going to rip his host apart from the inside… and then there would be no more Stephen. Only the demon.

Younger Stephen disappeared down the stairs to his apartment, and the monster followed. But the memory of his former self wasn’t there, and the door was barred. He battered at the door with his shoulder, clawed at the doorknob, and then back away to kick it with full force. The door exploded inward in a shower of wood, and there he was. His younger self, now able to see the monster, looked up in horror. So full of mistakes. Throwing away love for addiction. Bringing him to that place… to her. The monster hated him. He hated himself.

As the monster gathered itself to leap on what remained of Stephen’s mind, time slowed down. The cat walked under the vampires legs as he moved at a glacial pace towards his victim. Younger Stephen breathed at a normal pace, and watched with drug laced eyes as the cat walked up to him and rub against his legs.

The cat spoke aloud,
“Such an awful predicament
you have befallen.
Mayhap unconsciously help you were calling?”

From behind his ear the cat’s voice came again, no longer at his feet, but perched on his shoulders,
“This beast,
it desires to devour your mind.
Think you’ve the power to return such in kind?”

“Sweet man,
were you to offer your life,
To one such as me, who could soften your strife

I could offer you much,
intercede for your soul
Devour this beast and give you control”

Chess floated in front of his face, grinning ear to ear, teeth gleaming sharp and deadly. The apartment shook as another power from outside made itself apparent. Someone was about to interfere in Cheshire’s playtime.

“Be quick, my young mortal
for time is in doubt
There are powers within and then powers without

If my assistance
and help you desire
Raise your voice now and declare, “Yes Cheshire…”

Stephen looked from the monster in the doorway, terror still in his eyes, to the ceiling of the apartment, which still shook with tremors, and nodded his head. “Yes… yes Cheshire.”

The cats grin grew even wider, larger than his face in fact. The rest of him followed and in less time than it would take to say “twas brillig”, there was a Bandersnatch in the apartment instead of a cat. He turned on the monster with a velarious grin and unsheathing his claws let the mayhem begin.
-------

As Ulupi takes her true form, the vampire pauses for a moment, then lets out an unearthly howl before suddenly falling silent. His arms now limp, he stares at the floor. He shuts his eyes as if in sleep, and then suddenly he jerks upright, his eyes flying open.

But they aren’t his eyes anymore. His sclera were now clouded over with smoke, and there was a mad grin on his face as he beheld the dragon in her glory.

“Magnificent,” he said, but his voice echoed as if not his own, “Such power in a humble place is surely thus a sign of Grace.”

“But this young man, he’s pledged to me. From his own lips, so mote it be.”

“Let me take his beast within. Concern yourself now with his kin.”

chrisjander
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 am

The gigantic serpent frowns. The man who was a picture of misery a second ago faces Ulupi now, his lips pulled back as wide as possible, speaking in an unearthly voice. If he had waited a moment, if she had been faster-

Ifs are useless. Think carefully. She looks past the messenger and focuses on the amused one. He liked his rhymes, did he? Very well.

"Lightbringer wished to save the mortal from the blood-drinker. Too late I was in coming and you saw an opening. Very well, he is, in a manner of speaking, whole. That was the goal. He is not mine but the fallen divine's." She will tell her, of course. It will be up to Lux to do what she pleased then. Ulupi inclines her head, "You are free to use him but kindly tell me if you ever loose him."

The dragon had not cured him but merely arrested the Hunger in place. If the grinning one withdrew from the contract the clock may well start ticking again on Mr. O'Hara, and Ulupi will be there then. It was all she could do for him. He was but one pulse among the countless many she could feel in need.

Why oh why, did she come to this wretched city?

I declared Ulupi will be a friend to all da dragons, and so she will :P need to mess with her more than this to make her lose her smile {{{Chess}}}

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:12 am

Lux could sense that the interestingly-colored cat felt as though she had a claim to the coin, and while she admired the others' forthrightness, she could still find parts of the confident statement to argue with. A glance with a slight nod of acknowledgement was spared to the newcomer on the scene before she responded.

"As you've already addressed me as 'fallen one', I can only assume you have an inkling that I'm aware of the dangers this item possesses. And that while it's somewhat rare, it's certainly not the first or only one of its' kind around. Therefore, how can we be sure this is the selfsame coin that left your hoard, and not some other similar one?"

Beyond that, Lux mused, if it went wayward from her hoard that meant the creature already lost it once, making it difficult for Lux to believe that she could keep from loosing it upon the populace for any idiot with a weak will to find and be corrupted by, but she'd keep that thought to herself. Instead, she turned towards towards Jack. "And you? What's your story?"

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

PreviousNext