[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:43 am

"Oh!" the Captain's directness catches Baozi off-guard. He raises his hand to cover his ear. "I..." What can he possibly say? "I... It is nothing." He looks away. But Wenchang is still looking at him expectantly. He tries to change the subject.

"Have you any news from your patrol?"

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:58 am

Wenchang blinks, but leaves it and moves to the map where he traces the route. "I took the road south and toward the western hills. It was the only option for easy riding. We rested at a hill here, when we saw smoke around here. I went to scout it. Rebel camp, a hundred men or so. We dealt with them. No losses. I should find Colonel Liu and tell him"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:20 am

Baozi watches Wenchang's demonstration on the map. When he speaks of the numbers of the rebels and points to the place, he is surprised. "You are sure? If you found so many there, then surely the rebels have already crossed the river in force. They are probably intending to set an ambush for us.

"I think the Colonel went to find Dewang - and Dewang is probably still with the children. He will want to hear this at once; I will come with you - if that is alright with you."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:49 am

As they reach the place Wenchang's heart is warmed at the scene in front of them. He turns to Baozi. "You are the one who immediately understood what they're planning - of course you should be the one to tell him."

Leaving Baozi to talk with the Colonel Wenchang approaches Dewang. "Why should the last captain be left out? I will teach as well! If it is alright with you"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:15 am

If Dewang had been surprised before, now he is stunned.

Teach what, is the first thing that comes amid the confusion of his thoughts, but that is ridiculous.

He could say Certainly, I would be glad, but that seems woefully inadequate.

Are you still angry? Will you ever forgive me? is what he really wants to know, but he can't just blurt that out, can he?

He comes to the embarassing realization that he has been staring at Wenchang, tongue-tied, for an unreasonably long time.

"Er, yes, yes that would be excellent." He waves his hand vaguely in the direction of the cart-library. "Choose any book you wish."

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:41 am

Wenchang blinks. He looks at the cart then back at Dewang. "What happened to you?" he asks.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:51 am

"I-"

Dewang pauses. He isn't entirely sure what the honest answer to that question would be, let alone what he can tell Wenchang.

"I've been getting some books," he finishes lamely.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:01 am

Wenchang snorts. "I didn't ask about the books. I asked about you."

Last edited by Ladki96 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:22 am

About him? But the books, it was only ever about the books.

What has he been doing? He'd consulted a long-dead queen, can he tell Wenchang that? Would he sound insane? Wenchang is more sensible then that, he knows what Dewang is capable of, in every sense.

Why is Wenchang asking? Does it matter to him? Does it show? Is the halo of death still around him? No, it can't be that, he just looks tired, and probably dirty after spending half the night in a tomb, the floor all spattered with bile and semen...

For the first time since Bei Ye, Dewang laughs hysterically.

Last edited by Kivutar on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:36 am

Wenchang grows alarmed. He catches ahold of Dewang's arm. There is no smell of wine on him. "What in the name of Heaven... Dewang! Are you alright? What is the matter?"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:55 am

Dewang registers the solid warmth of Wenchang's hand and manages to collect himself a little. You damned liar, Wenchang had called him once with a fond smile, after some joke he'd played years ago. Things are different now. There will be no smiles, but he can't lie any more either, not to Wenchang.

"There was a ghost," he manages. "Only a ghost, that's all."

He smiles weakly. "Nothing to worry about."

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:31 am

Wenchang is even more confused but doesn't push further. He lets go of Dewang's arm and steps back, rubbing his neck. He nods awkwardly and goes off to gather some children for a group song of a heroic battle. or something.

look Im not good at this showing not telling ok heres a summary
In the coming days, though they aren't friends again by any estimate, Wenchang is no longer as cold. He meets with Dewang to discuss the distribution of supplies and provisions while gathering to discuss issues related to the army. He continues to teach the children at free times

and now because I am turble at RPGs I fall back on video games

DragonAge.png
DragonAge.png (24.61 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:42 am

Dewang draws a sigh of relief. Wenchang seems to accept his explanation, and is at least less angry than the last time they had parted.

He watches Wenchang amble off and collect some of the students. What is he planning to do?

A strong baritone voice answers his question, and he smiles, very slowly, as he listens.

I love you.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:33 am

Baozi repeats Wenchang's report to Colonel Liu - somewhat amazed that the Captain should abandon that task for another so lightly. He is certainly of an impulsive nature. "He showed me the place on the map. He dealt with them, he said, without any losses to his own men, but I should be surprised if they were there without a rebel army north of the river - most likely aware of or expecting our approach."

While he awaits the Colonel's reply he cannot help but keep an ear on De Wang and Wenchang's conversation. They are too far away to hear, really, but he catches the odd word. Teaching ... books ... ghost. Ghost? Is Wenchang giving voice to the same jest he hadn't dared this morning? No, that was De Wang's voice, and he did not sound amused. Has he really seen a ghost? And the books bear some relation to it. No wonder he had sidestepped all Baozi's questions - although he has told Wenchang now. Of course, he has known him a lot longer, though Baozi had not realised they were friends.

But there is no time to wonder further about any of that now.

Last edited by CarrieVS on Wed May 23, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:50 pm

With the business of war intruding upon their moment of levity Liu Bei calls his captains and advisers to council. Wenchang shows his findings to all and Liu Bei decides to take Baozi's suspicions to General Zou. The attendants are dismissed until he returns.

When he does he reconvenes his council to relate the General's orders.

"We will march out from Xiadu in the morning as scheduled with my company at the vanguard. We shall be ever watchful for likely places of ambush and will change our forward progress according to Baozi's plan so that we can meet them from an unexpected direction."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

PreviousNext