[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Scarik » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:57 pm

The boys are more than happy to stop working and bring the group to the village.

Its like any other village in the area. It sits beside a stream and makes its living largely from the forest. And like any other village in the area it appears to have been recently burned down and repaired.

As they approach, a group of four officials and what looks like a single guard if you squint, the leder is already out to meet them with a crowd.

"You had best be the new magistrate, its been weeks since the last one left and we've got no word about when the government will put down these marauders."

As he speaks they notice the crowd, which is largely women and old men, is armed with machetes, hatchets and other forestry tools.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:04 pm

"Do we look like magistrates?" says Bitong. "Lucky for you, if this is how you intended to greet him."

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Scarik » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:15 am

That is not what they expected by the confused looks.

"You certainly look like officials," the elder says, "So if you aren't the magistrate, go tell him to send the army after these brigands."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:11 am

This could be going better, Xufeng thinks.

"I'm sorry," he says before Bitong can retort, "we are only clerks and we have no such authority. But perhaps we could make some enquiries for you?" That should not be too difficult, and with luck it will placate the vilagers into helping them. He looks at Cuiying who doesn't seem to object. "And perhaps you can also help us. We are searching for Dr Hua, who we hear has passed through your village recently. Do you know where we might find him?"

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:32 pm

"Those who fought here a month ago need his services," adds Cuiying.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:39 pm

The last statement elicits some actual concern from the crowd. Several soldiers from their own village were injured and more are still serving with the army.

"Dr. Hua was here less than two weeks ago. He asked after some of the wounded and inspected how they were recovering. He said he was heading north to visit the remote villages."

While they speak Full watches and gets the distinct impression that they are being sent I n the wrong direction.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Cuiying glances at Fuli, and she shakes her head very slightly.

He turns back to the elder. "Thank you very much. We will head there tomorrow. Is there anywhere in this village where we could spend the night?"

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:52 pm

The elder is clearly about to say no when one of the boys they met earlier interjects.

"You can stay with us, we've plenty of room since my brothers are away with the army."

On the way to showing them to his family home the boy introduces himself, "I'm Zhang Xi*, one day I'll be Zile**"

*happy/blessed
** Mister Fun

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:21 am

Cuiying smiles at the boy. "Your brothers are with the army? You must be proud of them!"

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:24 pm

"Oh yes," Xi says with a wide grin, "I'm going to be a famous swordsman, myself. Just watch!"

He flourishes a stick that is roughly jian-shaped and performs a surprisingly not terrible lunge.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:00 am

"That's not bad!" Zaitian looks around the ground and selects a long and thin stick. He holds it up in a challenging gesture and grins, "Want to show me more?"

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Scarik » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:51 am

Zhang Xi brightens even more than normal and exclaims, "Yes, shifu!"

He attacks with his branch in a straightforward manner. Its a simple maneuver but it is swift and sure. Were he a man it would be enough to defeat a common spearman, but with his height a chi and a half* too small and his weight a gwan** too little it is easy for Zaitian to intercept. In five years, even without a master, it would be difficult to block.

* ~0.5m
** ~20kg

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:54 am

Cuiying watches Zaitian sparring with the boy and grins.

"Were there many people hurt in the village, for the doctor to come here?" he asks.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:15 pm

When they break Xi manages to answer in his effluvious manner while trying to breathe from the unaccustomed work out,

"Oh, no. None that I can think of, the battle was a few li off and we hid in the hill caves to the west. I'm pretty sure he was just passing through."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:39 pm

"We would like to look at these caves, perhaps tomorrow. Will you lead us there?" Cuiying asks the boy.

----

Some hours after dinner, Zaitian gets up. "I feel like taking a walk, Xufeng. Come with?" ^^

After a few steps outside, he turns to his friend with a guilty smile. "Don't be mad at me, but we've all agreed something's fishy in this village. I just want to see what's up."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

PreviousNext