[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:12 am

Wenchang looks in fascination around the ancient city as he rides in with the army. What all must have happened here! He tries to picture Xiadu as it would have been when it was in its prime, and falls silent at the state of it now.

As soon as the army is settled Wenchang reports to Colonel Liu.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 am

Dewang bows very low.

"My Lady," he says, "there is a matter which troubles me, and is beyond my wisdom and that of anyone I ask. It seems to me that my only hope is to consult ancient wisdom. I have recently become responsible for some two hundred children."

He hesitates a moment and adds "I have wronged those children more than I can possibly atone for. The only thing that I have to give them is an education, and even that is proving to be beyond my powers. What advice does a great lady such as yourself have for a miserable priest like me?"

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am

Cat-Baozi spits defiance at the defender, his tail lashing from side to side. "No." He crouches low to the ground, coiled to spring.

The Baozi that is not a cat is taking in the surroundings, considering how he might gain any advantage in this fight. Flight does not occur to him.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Scarik » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Wenchang

"Ah, Wenchang," Liu Bei says when he arrives. "It is good that you are here. General Zou commands that my cavalry ride out to survey the vicinity. Send them out in platoons so that they can rest in shifts and take the first patrol yourself. It is importantto morale for officers to be seen shouldering the burden."

Dewang

The mention of children seems to make the lady sad.

"My children are all gone away to the war, it would be nice to hear their voices again," she sighs.

"But for you it can not be so difficult. You are young and of shining spirit," she says reaching out. Where here ephemeral hand brushes his there is a sudden rush of warmth almost as if from a mortal hand. But it vanishes too quickly and once gone seems colder than before.

"I have many books here," she gestures to the side," though my pens are stiff with age, the inkstones and paper remain sealed away. For as noble a cause as yours I can show you where they rest."

Meowzi

The adversary slowly advances...

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 am

Wenchang bows and heads out with a quarter of the men

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:11 am

Wenchang rides south along the road and then turns west into the hills. The eastern hills are too rocky toward the mountains and the low areas are too wet to make travel easy.

With two horses each they can range out 50li from Xiadu without tiring and from the hills they can see for another dozen li or more.

They ride hard and by noon they have covered the full distance and found a tall hill with a small copse of trees with a stream at the base. While watering the horses Wenchang and a few men climb up to the trees to look around.

The west is a vast forest and the east rises up until it falls away to the sea. In both directions nothing can be seen, but in the south he can just make out the waters of the Hutuo River and the town that sits on both sides. It looks normal as much as they can tell from the distance but then something catches his attention in a depression a few li to the southwest.

It looks like smoke.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 am

Wenchang gives the order to get moving again as quickly as possible, towards the source of the smoke.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:31 am

Dewang bows again. "Thank you, My Lady," he says. "What must I do to find them?"

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:13 am

Baozi's opponent growls again, fur on end and back arched. It doesn't scare him, but the threat clearly shows how much larger and stronger this cat is than he, and he cannot risk taking his eyes off the defender.

With his typical boldness Baozi makes a swift attack, seizing the larger tomcat's foreleg in his teeth. He does not inflict a significant wound, rather shakes him off-balance. The enemy responds by rearing onto his hind legs, using his greater size in an attempt to throw the attacker over onto his back, but Baozi's rush has left him too uncertain of his footing to make good the advantage, and the smaller cat slips away before he can be pinned.

Baozi's next attack is fended off, and then the big tom makes a sudden leap for a plank of wood balanced on a discarded crate. Baozi reacts instantly, leaping to the same plank before he can make use of it to attack from the high ground. The wood is sent flying, and both cats hiss and spit as they scramble to regain their footing, back where they started.

This is not going to be an easy fight by any means. It's now Baozi's turn to try to outmanoeuvre his adversary. Circling and feinting, he manages to back him into a corner, but the big cat with a powerful leap springs over one of the obstacles he had meant to hem him in by. Baozi is forced to spin around to defend as he comes in to try to use his weight again.

Baozi sidesteps and manages to slip past - barely, and has no chance to draw breath as his foe presses him closely. He manages to claw the bigger cat's flank with one forepaw before springing away. But he has misjudged, and finds himself bowled over as his opponent once more leaps at him with all of his considerable strength.

This time, Baozi is firmly held. He struggles, but cannot free himself, nor can he prevent his tormentor from both biting and bringing his hindclaws up to rake Baozi's underside. Fur protects him from the worst, and he succeeds in twisting so that the fangs only meet his ear. But he is still firmly pinned.

The fight loses its intensity after that, and finally tails off into the hissing and spitting of insults. Neither is incapacitated, but fighting on is not worth the risks, for either of them. Baozi knows he is beaten, and the big tom knows it, and so will the other cats in the area. He leaves, frustration gnawing at his gut. He has not done his best tonight, and has been defeated and humiliated by a big thug who could not match him in either skill or wit.

That would not do, normally, but as the army only expects to stay here for a day there will scarcely be time to think of revenge, let alone of claiming these dilapidated streets for his own, after such a setback. He does not stay out much longer before returning to the camp and to his own shape. It is certainly no matter what the feral cats of Xiadu think. But he is not happy.

He bathes his ear, which is bleeding a little. The scratch is of no more consequence than the bruises on his belly where he was clawed, but it will be noticeable, and how can he explain it?

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Scarik » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:03 am

Wenchang

They cover the distance easily and at the last rise they creep up and see an encampment with perhaps a company of yellow-scarved rebels flying their featureless, yellow banners.

Dewang

"I will take you to them," she says standing up and gliding further east into the barrows. She stops and looks back after going a few dozen chi and beckons him on.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:04 am

Dewang follows a respectful distance behind the ghost.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:47 am

She leads him to another tomb and points to the stone blocking the door.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:54 am

The stone doesn't look too big. Dewang strains and manages to move it aside.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:04 am

The air inside is stale and dry and its quite dark. But with the stone moved the ghostly queen descends into the darkness with a lantern that shows a dozen alcoves filled with hundreds of scrolls and dozens of books. Even if they contain little of value such a store is worth hundreds of taels of silver.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:08 am

Dewang follows her inside, marveling at the buried library.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

PreviousNext