[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Ladki96 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Dinner

By the time Wenchang and Dewang find each other and Zhang Fei, the officer has already had quite a bit to drink. Fortunately, the victory has put him in an excellent mood, and he congratulates them cheerily before turning to the serious business of the evening: wine. Not even Dewang can match his pace, and neither of them try to, but content themselves with sipping and the least awkward conversation they have had in weeks.

“Here’s to us!” Wenchang slurs, and trying to clink glasses with a barely awake Zhang Fei, breaks it. “Whoops. Another one!”

Dewang laughs and fumbles around. “Here.”

“Thanks.” Wenchang smiles. “Ah, you’re grreat. Heard you cap-captured a magician. Nice one.”

“Barely captured,” says Dewang. “He didn’t put up any fight, not after yesterday.”

“And how would he! They will all bow down in defeat before us!” mutters Wenchang. “Assholes.” They'll all pay for causing unrest in his town, yes! Maybe another drink-

“He did bow down,” says Dewang. “I really didn’t know how to react.” He squirms. “It was...weird.”

“So modest,” laughs Wenchang. “Ahh you will get used to it.” He downs his cup. “You've never really been on the field before all this, have you?”

Dewang shakes his head.

Wenchang looks down. “One gets used to it. Either that or...” he breaks off and looking up, smiles. “Ah… listen to me going on. Anyway, the sooner these brothers are dealt with, the better... necromancers, pah! Heretics, all of them.” He refills their cups.

Dewang looks up sharply, his face noticeably paler.

Wenchang hands him his cup. “Somethin’ the matter?”

“No, nothing,” stutters Dewang. “The magician… he said the Zhang brothers can raise illusory soldiers that fight like real ones. He said they were… ghosts, not illusions.” He finishes the glass quickly. “I don’t know if he was telling the truth or no.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised. They just can’t let things be the way they are! Disturbing the dead…” Wenchang grumbles under his breath. He looks over at Dewang, and sees that his friend is now as white as a sheet. He blinks, and straightens up a bit. “What is it, Dewang?”

Dewang does not answer.

Wenchang frowns. “What is it? Don’t you agree? Ahh, but of course, you’re a sorcerer as well. Perhaps you hold a different opinion.”

Dewang tries to find his voice. “No- no- I -” he breaks off. “It wasn’t like that-”

“What? What are you talking about?” rumbles Wenchang.

Dewang puts his face in his hands, knocking over his wine in the process. He doesn’t notice. “I didn’t want to disturb anything…”

Wenchang stares for a moment, and then through the drunken haze it clicks. “That ghost. You said you saw a ghost. Where did you see it? How did you come across it?”

“I was a fool,” says Dewang quietly.

“You-did you call upon it?”

Dewang’s silence is more than enough as an answer.

Wenchang looks away a minute, and then looks back at De Wang. “You raised - why would you do such a thing?!” he yells suddenly.

“I couldn’t think of anything else…” Dewang says. His voice is choked.

“What does that mean?” Wenchang shouts. “Dewang, what right do you have to go disturbing those who are no longer here? Why can’t you just let them be?” He leans in and grabs the front of Dewang’s robes.

“Wenchang - please, listen-” Dewang begins to tremble. There are tears in his eyes.

“You must have thought Xiadu the perfect place - haunted as it is.” Wenchang’s voice is bitter. “Who would notice if you slipped out and tormented a spirit or two?”

“No, no, I didn’t torment anyone!” Dewang sobs. “I only wanted advice. For the school.” He tries to keep his voice steady. “There was no one else I could go to,” he whispers.

“...Advice?”

Dewang nods. “I didn’t know what to do. I thought the dead might know something - and they did, they gave me the books -” Wenchang’s grip on him has slackened, and he takes the opportunity to pull away. He leans back against the bench, crying in earnest now.

Wenchang sits back as well, taking De Wang’s words in. So he wasn’t raising a spirit army or anything like that. He wanted help for-for the children. He looks up to see Dewang has crumbled. Swearing at himself mentally, he lowers his voice. “I see. I just feared the worst. I thought you may have similar designs to that of the Zhangs.” Hastily, he looks around to see Zhang Fei snoring away. He sighs and turns back. “I am sorry. Forgive me.”

Dewang flinches, as if Wenchang has physically struck him.

Wenchang raises his hands. “I mean it. I'm not going to do anything.” He nears cautiously, and places a hand on Dewang’s back. Dewang looks up, searching Wenchang’s face for any sign of his previous anger. He sees nothing but concern. Slowly, cautiously, he rests his head against Wenchang’s arm.

Wenchang spreads his arm around Dewang, and holds him.

Dewang clutches at his friend, burying his face in Wenchang’s big shoulder. “Couldn’t do anything,” he mumbles, and shakes his head. “Didn’t want to hurt - just live -”

“I know. I understand,” Wenchang says softly. “The battle, then the wine - I have no excuse. Will you forgive me?”

Dewang nods dumbly, somehow pulling even closer.

“Who was the ghost?” Wenchang tentatively begins.

“Please don’t…” whispers De Wang. He’s shaking now, but not with sobs.

“Okay okay, sorry.” Wenchang falls silent. Slowly, Dewang relaxes. Wenchang’s grip is shockingly gentle, and for a moment he wishes that this will never end.

Wenchang holds his friend for however long he needs, and soon they fall asleep in the same position.

Friendship: stitched up!
Give kiv thumbs

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Scarik » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 am

The next day they hear that rebels tried to flee toward their force at Qingzhou City but Imperial Protector Gong Jing attacked as they were in chaos and destroyed them.

Commander Zou Jing proposed to return to Youzhou. But Liu Bei said, “We are informed that Imperial Commander Lu Zhi has been struggling with a horde of rebels led by Zhang Jue at Guangzong. Lu Zhi was once my teacher, and I want to go to help him.”

So Liu Bei and Zou Jing separated, and Liu Bei turned his force toward Guangzong which is near Yejing. Lu Bu travels with them as he is heading back to Bingzhou to join up with Ding Yuan. With their impressive force no rebel stragglers dare to challenge them.

They arrive at Guangzong after 6 days. Lu Bu and Liu Bei exchange goodbyes and promises of friendship. Liu Bei is then admitted to the presence of his old teacher and they speak at length. The rebels under Zhang Jue number some 150,000 while Lu Zhi has 50,000. Neither is able to make any advance upon the enemy and so after two more days Liu Bei departs with 1,000 additional men for Yinchuan where the other two Zhang Brothers are in order to attempt to coordinate an attack.

Thus begins weeks of marching and frustration for by the time they arrive at Yingchuan the battle was already joined and great plumes of flame and smoke rose into the sky. Liu Bei then spoke with Imperial Commanders Huangfu
Song and Zhu Jun about Lu Zhi's situation. But with the rebels broken there was naught to do but return north and face Zhang Jue.

So the battalion retraced its steps past Chen Liu and the port of Wenxian on to Jincheng and then Changzi. until they could once more turn east to Yejing where they came across a party of Imperial Guardsmen leading a prison cart. When they drew close they were astonished to see it contained Lu Zhi!

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:54 pm

"Hey you, why do you have him up in chains? And where are you taking him?!" Wenchang demands the Imperial a-holes. "Let him go now! Or get ready to go down on Roll20!"

milestone: 5->6 Fencing
and some other stuff

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:08 am

"Wenchang, don't be so hasty!" whispers Dewang. "Let the Colonel talk to them."

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Scarik » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:43 am

Liu Bei hastily dismounts and asks what has happened. As the guards are but a score and Liu Bei's force 2000, the captain makes no attempt to protest and Lu Zhi explains how the eunuch Zhuo Feng demanded a bribe and when Lu Zhi would not pay he spread lies about how he was a coward and would not attack Zhang Jue.

"I attacked several times, but each time Zhang Jue's magic repelled me," Lu Zhi says bitterly, "Dong Zhuo from Liangzhou is now in command."

The story makes Yide as furious as Wenchang.

"Let us slay these curs and free your teacher," he says loud enough to be heard by the guards. With two large, angry heroes threatening them they become very nervous.

But Liu Bei interjects, "The government will take the proper course. We must not act hastily."

The Colonel's statement ends any debate and he leads his troops on to the east while the prison-cage goes west then south to the capital.

Two days march later and they hear the sounds of battle once more. Lui Bei and his officers rush up to the top of the nearest hill and they see government troops closed on on three sides by a countryside covered in Yellow Scarves. Their banners are tall and bright with the words 'Zhang Jue, Lord of Heaven' written on them in bold script.

"It is the rebel leader himself," exclaims Liu Bei, "We will attack at once!"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:28 am

Sorry! Okay, gonna be super serious starting frooooo- (how-apt-is-Dong-Zhuo's-surname-amirite) -m now! Sorry :P

Wenchang, Yide and Yunchang vs. Yellow Scarf Rebels

Wenchang and the three brothers charge into battle after listening to Baozi's advice. The rebels numbers is seemingly enough to overwhelm all, but with the combined efforts of Dong Zhuo's remaining force and Liu Bei's own army their side presents a real challenge.

Wenchang and Liu Bei's brothers follow the Colonel into the thickest part of the rebel army. In the midst of battle Wenchang looks up from cutting a rebel down to see Guan Yu ahead of him in the chaos, and Zhang Fei behind. He spurs his horse on toward Yunchang, and bit by bit the three cut their way to the north-east, with Wenchang arriving first.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:23 am

You are forgiven. ^^

The rebels are like a surging wave that crashes upon the unforgiving cliffs. With hardly any resistance the three warriors charge through their ranks slashing and trampling hundreds before they reach the final rise in the direction Baozi has pointed them. There they find a dozen catapults ready to hurl flaming pots and sharp stones into the already heavily-pressed imperial troops.

They attack at once as they have done before but this time they are met with stern resistance by a thicket of pikes and swarms of stinging arrows. Alone they can make no progress against the surprisingly skilled rebel contingent but soon their own force will catch up and they will clash spear to spear and sword to shield.

It is just before that when a ripple moves through the formation and a warrior emerges from their lines. He rides a broad-backed palomino with golden tassels in its white mane and a yellow blanket inscribed with the characters ianzi which announce the dawn of a new historical era. The rider's hair is bound only with a yellow ribbon so that it flies out behind him like a banner as he advances and his antique, bronze sabre flashes gold in the sun.

"Who will challenge the Lord of Heaven's disciple, Liao Chun?"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:25 am

"Your cause is doomed!" Wenchang calls out as he rides up to the front. "And your ribbon thing is stupid!" someone else adds.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:59 am

"The Han is finished, and my mother gave me this ribbon. I'll kill you!" Liao Chun yells and charges forward.

As he does he raises his sword and for a moment all who behold its luminous glow stand transfixed. The sounds of battle seem to dim and each beat of each hoof of his golden horse churns the earth like a thunderbolt. He comes onward and suddenly the wind blows cold and Wenchang feels as if a dozen icy hands are tearing at his cloak.

Behind him his soldiers charge forward with inhuman speed and as they close in men feel their hands go numb and some drop their spears when they look into the empty eyes of their enemies. Their skins are the color of old parchment, their hair is blue as the darkest night sky and though they seem to shout no sound but that of the now howling wind can be heard from them.

Wei Yan looks into the eyes of his enemy and sees that they too are now nothing but black spheres and there looks to be a sheer silk clinging what was just before the youthful face of Liao Chun.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:45 am

Dewang feels the chill before he sees the transformation. Before he can move, the dead are all around him. His throat closes, but he forces himself to stay calm, and fumbles in his sleeve. There it is, a worn scrap of paper covered with his careful writing. He's kept it on his person, ever since...

He spits directly into the centre of the paper, over the character 鬼.

Instantly, a thousand eyes turn to him - not the black ones, those are only a show - but the spirits themselves focus on him, every one a sharp prick of ice.

Good. They are distracted, and he has surprised them this time. Leave, he cries to them. Go back where you belong. He feels them fall back a little, and adds, Rest.

But there is another power behind the spectral horde and now he feels it turn his way. The warrior. The one facing Wenchang. Except there is more than one warrior, there is another man there. A ruler, a hard man, one who understood death before he ever tasted it -

The paper in his hand begins to twist, and the edges catch fire. He pushes back desperately, extinguishing the flames just as they reach the writing. The ghost is closer now, and he sees a face in front of him, and the outline of a suit of armour, with the royal insignia of Yan.

He stops dead for a moment, remembering words he had passed over weeks - a lifetime - ago.

"My children are all gone away to the war, it would be nice to hear their voices again."

He knows who this is.

My lord king, he says. Ji Xi. Return to your grave.

The ghost seems to stagger, swaying in its own unearthly wind. It is a little fainter, but now it steps forward.

Suddenly he is surrounded by the chill of death. It is in his eyes, in his lungs, in him, and he is back on a cold stone floor, buried alive, the soft hands holding him down...

But he is not there, he is here, on the battlefield. And nearby is the clang of weapons, as Wenchang desperately battles the young man this king is animating.

Let the ghosts do as they wish. He has had enough of them.

"Begone!" he shouts, aloud this time, and the enemy freezes for a moment. Then, the ghosts melt away like snow on a warm spring day, leaving only ordinary, confused, ragged rebels behind.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:12 am

The momentum of the charge drains away, leaving the army deep within the rebel lines, pressed on all sides. Baozi directs them to form a square: slow to manoeuvre, but they could not move anywhere fast in any case, hemmed in like this, and they can defend every direction and hold their own for a time. Still, something must be done, soon.

Liao Chun's challenge, taken up by Wenchang, may be that something. If their champion can defeat the rebel on the golden horse, it may well be decisive for the battle. Baozi is scanning the rest of the field, for other dangers or opportunities, so he is not the first to notice the sudden, terrible change. He hears the gasps and cries of the men around him, and only then realises how much colder it has become.

He stares in amazement at the attackers. They are ghosts? They do not seem to be mere illusions. He has never seen anything like this before: powerful magic, certainly. How is such a trick done? And more importantly, how can it be countered? Clearly no stratagem or manoeuvre will allow their soldiers to stand before these inhuman foes for long. But Wenchang is sorely beset by his transformed opponent, and the two brothers are held off from coming to his aid by the undead horde.

Baozi, for his part, can do nothing for now but keep his place in the middle of the square formation. He lays a hand on the hilt of his sword: he may need it this time. But what they really need is to counter magic with magic. His one poor trick will hardly avail them any. He looks to Dewang, who is not far from him: with relief, he sees that the sorcerer appears deep in concentration. Now he begins to call out to the ghostly army, and Baozi watches his private, desperate struggle with the enemy magician - and readies himself to try and defend him if the line should break before it is concluded.

It seems to take quite some time before Dewang cries out the name of a long dead king, and commands the ghost, and it obeys. Now it is just another fight against a ragged, yellow-scarved rabble. Wenchang redoubles his attack, and Yide and Yunchang begin to carve their way into the rebel ranks, while a shaky cheer of relief goes up from the rest of the soldiers as they cease to give ground.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Men with swords who wish to see him dead are a part of Wenchang's daily life, yet this is something entirely different. What is charging at him is no man. He sees the terrifying image of what was Liao Chun but a moment ago riding at him, and a faint memory of his early days in the army stirs. No matter where he looked, there were none but enemies in the crowd. Not a friendly face near him in the battle. All alone. So cold. (1) His hold on the blade slackens. As the spectral terror closes in with the sabre...

Wenchang lifts his own. He will not let this - thing - take him that easily. Trying to steady his mind he strikes first as they meet, but it is easily parried (2). The ghost tries to ride around but he successfully blocks the move with his own horse (3). Wenchang rushes him but to no avail as the sneering figure parries the attack again (4). "What are you doing here? Buffaloes are meant for plowing farms, not fighting on battlefields." (5) Too disturbed by the unearthly laugh to retort, Wenchang contents himself with seizing the moment to dash around the target in a bid to outmanoeuvre him, though his foe has no great difficulty keeping up (6).

As they face each other, the ghost suddenly lifts its hands and yells out something. The air grows ten times as cold, forcing Wenchang to hold his arm to his face against the chill, barely able to keep his eyes open. (7) Once again he hesitates. He is no sorcerer like Dewang, he cannot fight against this spirit, he only knows how to fight a man... but then, he is fighting a man. The body is still Liao Chun's, and will bleed if hit. All he needs to do is look closely for weaknesses, like Baozi would (8).

Then the ghost closes in once again. Wenchang determinedly defends against the attack (9), but the favour is returned as he too is unable to make any hits (10). He moves to block another attack, but this time the ghost moves inhumanly fast. With the wind in his eyes and the chill in his heart, Wenchang makes out the glow moments too late. He shouts aloud as he feels the sword strike true (11).

At that moment Wenchang hears an indistinct but familiar cry. Dewang? The ghost halts in its tracks, and Wenchang takes advantage of the sudden respite to pull the blade out of the side of his body with a grunt, and back away. The wind has calmed down, and he takes a quick look around. The spell has been lifted, and all the rebels are turning back to their normal selves. Wenchang looks back at the ghost, but it is no longer a ghost. A very human Liao Chun sits before him in disarray, holding the reins loosely. They look at each other.

Wenchang grips his dadao tightly and charges. He lands a vicious hit even as Liao Chun poorly struggles to defend (12). The rebel turns and flees but Wenchang rides after him and manages to keep pace (13). He raises his weapon to attack but the rebel successfully parries for the last time (14) and rides off towards the enemy camp (15).

Wenchang stares at the retreating figure in fury. He violently casts his sword aside, notches an arrow on his bow and draws. He narrows his eyes and the whole world disappears, leaving only the fluttering yellow ribbon. He lets loose. The arrow sails through the air and finds its mark in Liao Chun's left shoulder (16). The rebel yells in pain just before he disappears into another part of the crowd, and the sound is like the sweet music played at a teahouse to Wenchang's ears. He notices Liao Chun has dropped his weapon, and rides over to where it is lying on the ground.

Bending down to pick up the sword, Wenchang lets out a sharp hiss. He straightens back and looks around the field in a slight daze. The rebel army seems to have been dealt enough of a blow to make them retreat. He moves his hand away from his side and looks down at the palm covered in blood. He looks up again and sees Liu Bei's brothers, having broken through now, and riding to his position. Wenchang quietly rubs his hand clean, sheathes the ancient sword and mounts his horse to go meet them.

Rolls
(1) Wenchang's Turn: Will (Fear)
Wenchang: [(0) (0) (+) (-)] + 3 + 2 (Lucky Jade Amulet) = 5
Ghost = [(+) (+) (-) (0)] + 5 = 6
Result: Enemy succeeds, deals 1 Stress to Wenchang

Round 1
(2)Wenchang's Turn: Fencing (Attack)
Wenchang: [(-) (-) (0) (0)] + 6 + 1 (Weapon Master) = 5
Ghost: [(-) (+) (0) (0)] + 7 = 7
Result: Enemy succeeds, defends

(3)Enemy's Turn: Prowess (Ride) (Create Advantage)
Ghost: [(-) (-) (0) (0)] + 4 + 2 (Super Horse) = 4
Wenchang: [(-) (0) (0) (+)] + 5 = 5
Result: Wenchang succeeds, defends

Round 2
(4)Wenchang's Turn: Fencing (Attack)
Wenchang: [(-) (0) (0) (+)] + 6 + 1 = 7
Ghost: [(0) (-) (+) (+)] + 7 = 8

(5)Enemy's Turn: Provoke (Create Advantage)
Ghost: [(+) (0) (0) (+)] + 2 = 4
Wenchang: [(-) (-) (-) (-)] + 3 = -1
Result: Enemy succeeds with style, creates two invokes against 'Size and Tact of a Buffalo (and Looks too)'

Round 3
(6)Wenchang's Turn: Prowess (Ride) (Create Advantage)
Wenchang: [(-) (+) (0) (0)] + 5 = 5
Ghost: [(-) (0) (0) (0)] + 6 = 5
Result: Tie, Wenchang receives boost

(7)Enemy's Turn: Sorcery (Create Advantage)
Ghost: [(-) (0) (+) (+)] + 3 = 4
Wenchang: [(0) (+) (-) (-)] + 0 = -1
Result: Enemy succeeds with style, create 3 invokes ('Power of the Spirit World!')

Round 4
(8)Wenchang's Turn: Awareness (Create Advantage)
Wenchang: [(+) (-) (0) (+)] + 3 = 4
Ghost: [(-) (+) (-) (+)] + 0 = 0
Result: Wenchang succeeds with style, creates 2 invokes ('Chink in the Armour')

(9)Enemy's Turn: Fencing (Attack)
Ghost: [(0) (0) (+) (-)] + 7 = 7
Wenchang: [(+) (-) (-) (+)] + 6 + 1 = 7
Result: Tie, Enemy receives boost

Round 5
(10)Wenchang's Turn: Fencing (Attack)
Wenchang: [(+) (0) (+) (0)] + 6 + 1 + 2 (INVOKE SPENT: 'Chink in the Armour') = 11
Ghost: [(+) (0) (+) (-)] + 7 + 2 (Boost) + 2 (INVOKE SPENT: 'Power of the Spirit World!') = 12

(11)Enemy's Turn: Fencing (Attack)
Ghost: [(-) (-) (+) (+)] + 7 + 2 (INVOKE SPENT: 'Plow the Field Buffalo!') + 2 (INVOKE SPENT: 'Power of the Spirit World') + 1 (Magical Sword) = 12
Wenchang: [(+) (0) (-) (0)] + 6 + 1 = 7
Result: Enemy succeeds with style, deals 5 Stress to Wenchang. Enemy receives boost.
Wenchang checks Wounded to absorb 4 Stress out of 6.
Enemy loses 3rd Invoke (Power of the Spirit World!)
Ghost -> Liao Chun

Round 6
(12)Wenchang's Turn: Fencing (Attack)
Wenchang: [(0) (0) (0) (-)] + 6 + 1 + 2 (INVOKE SPENT: 'Chink in the Armour') + 2 (FATE POINT SPENT) = 10
Liao Chun: [(0) (-) (+) (-)] + 6 + 2 (INVOKE SPENT: 'Plow the Field Buffalo!") = 7
Result: Wenchang succeeds with style, deals 3 Stress
Wenchang receives Invoke from Dewang ('Spell Dispelled!')

(13)Enemy's Turn: Prowess (Ride)
Liao Chun: [(-) (-) (0) (-)] + 4 + 2 = 3
Wenchang: [(-) (0) (0) (-)] + 5 = 3
Result: Tie, Enemy receives boost

Round 7
(14) Wenchang's Turn: Fencing (Attack)
Wenchang: [(0) (+) (+) (-)] + 6 + 1 + 2 (INVOKE SPENT: 'Spell Dispelled!') = 10
Liao Chun: [(0) (+) (+) (0)] + 6 + 2 (Boost) = 10
Result: Tie, Wenchang receives boost

(15)Enemy's Turn
Enemy Concedes, Retreats

FREE TURN
(16)Wenchang's Turn: Archery (Attack)
Wenchang: [(-) (0) (+) (-)] + 4 = 3
Result: Wenchang succeeds, deals 3 Stress.
Liao Chun checks Wounded to absorb 4 Stress out of 6.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:27 am

The rebels are in turmoil and they flee back to their camps. Some few are cut down but with only a small number of cavalry and little supply Liu Bei cannot pursue and so he leads his small few away from the rebel lines and toward the Imperial camp.

They find it 10li away and hear that the army was pushed back a full day's march by the rebels. The Yellow Scarves themselves have been thrown back at least 30li as well though so they are safe for the time being.

It is an hour before the Imperial Commander has time to speak with Liu Bei and when he does he is as blunt as Wenchang but without the same kindness. Dong Zhuo is a large man, broad in the neck and shoulders and with a heavy set torso just beginning to put on weight. His beard is tangled and dark and his clothes rich like an aristocrat's.

"What offices do you hold?" he puts to Liu Bei.

"None," the Colonel answers.

"Hmmpf," Dong Zhuo replies and dismisses Liu Bei with a wave of his hand.

Liu Bei leaves calmly and returns to his troupe. It is clear that the meeting did not go well and later when they are given common rations for the officers by the Imperial Commander Liu Bei remains calm while Zhang Fei grumbles and Guan Yu is pensive. Only Jian Yong seems to still be in a good mood.

But soon the smell of roast meat and the sounds of merriment and music comes from Dong Zhuo's tents. Zhang Fei can no longer contain his irritation and he leaps up and draws his sword,

“We have just rescued this menial in a bloody fight,” he roars, “and now he is rude to us! Nothing but his death can slake my anger.”

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:32 am

Dewang is too relieved that the battle is over to worry about any slights. Wenchang seems fairly untroubled by his wound - Dewang knows it is not the first time - but his friend is still a little pale. He tries not to fuss.

He has examined the ancient bronze sword thoroughly, and even consulted Baozi, who despite being no sorcerer recognizes the sword from his historical readings. There seems to be nothing evil about it, and he hesitantly tells Wenchang he can use it if he wishes, "when you are well, mind!" Wenchang laughs, winces, and talks about a soldier's duty, and Dewang privately vows to keep him from doing anything reckless.

It seems that Wenchang is not the only reckless one in their camp, too. Zhang Fei interrupts the rather sullen evening by leaping up and threatening mutiny, and Liu Bei begins to remonstrate with him. De Wang is quite worried until he realizes that Guan Yu seems completely calm, and Jian Yong looks almost amused.

He turns to the latter. "Is he always like that?" he whispers.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am

Wenchang stands up too, but doesn't necessarily agree with Zhang Fei. "The real way to show this small-minded Commander up is to defeat the rebels once and for all! They are too big a force right now, so we shall get help elsewhere."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext