[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:32 pm

"Fuck you! Get down here and fight me, if you be a man"

Brevity is nice, t hat's what they say right?

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Scarik » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Liang Ju laughs out loud, "Always so refreshingly direct, Wei Yan, but I think I would rather not surrender my advantages."

As he speaks he signals his company and two dozen men step forward with heavy crossbows leveled at Wenchang.

"How about instead I simply kill you where you stand. I owe you that much for what you did to my mistress and for driving me into the wilderness."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:48 am

Dewang's heart very nearly leaps out of his chest at the sight of the crossbows pointing at Wenchang.

He does the only thing he can think of. At least Junyou has not lost his love for the sound of his own voice.

The bandit blathers some dramatic nonsense for a few more seconds, and as he does so Dewang closes his eyes and whispers frantically.

Suddenly, nine identical copies of Wenchang appear around his friend. They take a few steps away, then copy the original's every movement.

The bowmen glance at each other in confusion.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Scarik » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 am

Liang Ju's glaoting facade turns flat in an instant when Dewang's spell is complete.

"I should have known this was your doing Du Zhiteng! You and Niu Mu deserve each other being both faithless women!"

His anger is palpable at the union of two of his past lovers.

"Have you told her yet that it was you who embarrassed her the last time to save me?"

Many eyes turn toward Senlin at that point only to find that she has vanished.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:36 am

"You are one to talk about faith! She was never yours to begin with," shouts Wenchang. "How could you do that? Betray a man who gave you a second chance? But banditry is in your blood, you couldn't go long without ruining someone's life, even if it is yours too, could you.

"Face it, you killed your mistress, and you did such things that you had to hide when they came to light. Take responsibility for your actions for once in your miserable life!"

Where the hell is the woman? He is too distracted, he can't close in unless he knows where she is. "If you have done something to Senlin, I won't let you leave this place alive, I swear it!"

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:37 am

They are just within range of the powerful crossbows, and Liang's men are safe, as it stands, from the Vixens' lighter bows or the cavalry's javelins, precluding the standard response to such a threat.

At Liang's accusatory words, Baozi turns like everyone else to see Senlin's reaction - only to realise that she has vanished. The Vixens still stand there, without their leader, and the woman who is currently assigned to guard him is of course still at his side. None of them give any hint as to where she has gone, if they know.

She may of course be using the cover of the woods to get closer to her old enemy, to ambush him in spite of the apparent failure of their plan. Or she may be doing the same to them. Especially now, if she has heard what Liang just said. If the latter is the case, of course they will try to either cut Baozi's throat out of hand, or threaten his life to control Wenchang and Dewang.

Wenchang, meanwhile, is still shouting and swearing vengeance against Liang Ju. He is clearly furious, and Baozi suspects he may do something brave, honourable, and quite foolish and costly.

"Wenchang," he says, not loudly enough to carry across the distance to their enemies, "I rather believe that wherever Miss Senlin is is where she chooses to be. We don't have the advantage we hoped for, and to charge in now would surely be bloody, and we cannot stop Liang from running, so it may be spilled to no purpose." He turns to the Vixen beside him, who has a hand on her knife.

"I would go so far as to say that our plan has failed, unless Miss Senlin is about to make a move. I trust that she would hold our agreement to be at an end, if we have to abandon this endeavour, and that I might depart when my friends do?" He trusts no such thing, but he may as well push them to declare their intentions now, and try to find out where he stands.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:52 am

Dewang pauses warily. This does not bode well, but there is nothing he can do at the moment. He focuses on maintaining the illusions - flimsy as they are, they are the only reason Wenchang has not been shot already.

He can't suppress an ugly premonition at Junyou's words, though. The bandit queen does have grounds for a grudge against him, and now she must be aware of it.

I told Jun I'd come back.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 am

The Vixen guard looks at Baozi and grins, "She said if you or your friends try to leave early to shoot you." He notes that the woman who calmed the leader down when they first met is missing as well and so are at least half of the elite guards.

Ahead Junyou is still fixated on Wenchang and the two continue to trade insults and become ever more furious until Junyou lifts a crossbow and shouts, "Enough, one of those cows is the real one!'

His 10-stone bow twangs at the same time as the shooter grunts in pain and staggers backward. The quarrel, which was aimed straight at the real Wenchang, flies too high and buries itself in a tree. A dozen other quarrels have similar fates while a dozen more hold fire long enough to turn and return fire into the woods to the north.

Niu Mu Senlin has made her move and with a platoon of her best archers managed to infiltrate close enough to negate Junyou's advantages by climbing into the trees and firing down on her hated enemy.

What comes next is a hail of arrows and quarrels at close range punctuated with the cries of the wounded and the screams of the dying.

Baozi finds that he is quickly forgotten when his jailers draw their bows and move forward to join the chaos.

Wenchang finds himself if the crossfire where dozens of errant shots strike home at him and his platoon. If it weren't for their heavy armor half of them would already be bleeding out in the rich, woodland earth.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:08 am

Wenchang swears in anger. They are so near. Liang is right there. If he could just get close - if he just - he avoids a whizzing arrow - he made a vow - but damn it, damn it all to hell, Baozi is right. If he got close only for the snake to slither away, and his friends get hurt, and his men - his men - he looks at their position, and comes to a decision. Clamping down on every desire in his body to order otherwise, he calls out loud enough for the whole company to hear,

"Retreat!"

He oversees them neatly group up together and start backing away, still defending. His friends. He looks at where Baozi has been left alone, and where Dewang can be barely made out from behind a tree. Ordering the soldiers to provide cover, he goes over to Baozi first, who is out in the open. Shielding him, Wenchang goes to Dewang and shakes his shoulders.

"Come on Dewang, we are leaving!"

The sorcerer remains still, his eyes all but completely closed in concentration. Wenchang sees the illusions waver a moment out of the corner of his eye, before moving around again. Fine then. He bends and picks up Dewang, and carries him in his arms to the troops under their protection, with Baozi following. He shouts for them to start moving faster.

As they leave Wenchang looks at the scenery one last time. He thinks he sees the ends of a long red ribbon from behind the leaf cover of a tree, from where arrows are being loosed at incredible speed. He looks away quietly, focusing on maintaining their retreat.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Dewang is abruptly shaken out of his trance. He hears Wenchang shouting, attempts to focus again, then is lifted off the ground.

He slowly realizes that they are running in the opposite direction, leaving the bandits to settle their quarrel. He would have preferred to stay and see Junyou dead, but Wenchang is right. This is not a fight they can win.

Wenchang is still carrying him. How strong is the man? He considers saying something on the lines of "I can walk," but changes his mind. He will only slow them down. Yes, that is definitely the reason.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:16 pm

With Senlin assaulting Junyou's position from above, Baozi wonders if this affair could be salvaged after all. But that would be foolish. It is still likely that the Bull intends to turn on her supposed allies, while she still holds a certain valuable bargaining chip.

Obviously, in spite of his guard's words, his duty is to slip away while the women warriors are distracted, and deprive them of that. But before he can make a move, Wenchang, ordering his men to retreat, is by his side and - needlessly but touchingly - defending him as they make good their escape.

It is a shame, that it has turned out like this. All this time spent for nothing - and he at least should not really have come. He has been of use, but his duty should have been to remain with Colonel Liu. No doubt he will face a stern reprimand when they return, if nothing worse. And unless either the Bull manages to slay Liang Ju, or vice versa, they will surely now have two enemies instead of one.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Scarik » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 pm

The three officers and their cavalry quickly withdraw to allow the bandits to settle their differences. Once they are a few li removed they stop to check their wounds. Several are bruised but only one soldier has any cuts and with proper medicine will be just fine.

The soldiers pull the arrows out of their armor, mount their horses, and ride west up the river valley and into the hills to find the road.

With all haste they return to Hangu spending only a single additional night in the wilds.

When they arrive they find the town is a hive of activity and the gate captain comes up to them.

"Colonel Liu has ordered that you report to him immediately," he says and informs them that General Lu and the Governor have already gone east leaving Liu Bei in command.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Dewang tries to figure out what is going on as he and his friends go to report to Liu Bei, but everything is in too much confusion.

He tries to cheer up Baozi, who looks miserable, but the man doesn't seem to want to talk.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Liu Bei is in the commander's manor with Dang Fu. At the outer wall they find Zhang Fei and a company of soldiers in full armor watching the gates.

"Took you long enough," Yide harrumphs, "Elder Brother is waiting for you."

The officers pass through the gate and at the interior keep they find Guan Yu with another armed company.

"I'm sorry but I must take your weapons, none are allowed inside the manse," Yunchang says before permitting them inside.

That's when they find Jian Yong, who finally gives them some news, "A band of rebels infiltrated the town and tried to assassinate Colonel Liu And Major Dang," Xianhe says soberly. "Luckily Yunchang was with the Colonel and Dang Fu is hard to kill though he is badly injured."

Xianhe leads them to the waiting room and adds, "A third band of the rebels set fire to the provisions for the army. We do not yet know how much is lost but we fear the worst."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:15 pm

"Yellow Scarves, or some other ruffians?" asks Dewang.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

PreviousNext