[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Scarik » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 pm

In the morning Dewang finds he has several new friends as well as a hangover. Everyone from the night before is present for roll call, so for now it seems the defections have ended. Junyou leaves immediately afterward to volunteer to the Chief Secretary but is held up by Zhang Yang, the head administrator of Bingzhou and heir apparent to Governor Ding Yuan. Zhang is quite curious as to how Junyou knew that General Lu was looking for men already but doesn't make a public issue of it.

Wenchang finds himself politely received but Secretary Lu is not currently in the capital and so he is told to return in two days.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Two days come and go and Lu Bu has yet to return. Wenchang and the other aspirants are told to continue to report the next day and then again the day after. Luckily on the fourth day the general returns and invites several officers to join him for tea and the midday meal. Among them are Wenchang and Dewang.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Dewang does not get drunk, this time. He keeps very quiet (for him) and observes the others at the dinner carefully.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Ladki96 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Wenchang fidgets with his cup. He isn't good with the talking stuff, better to stay silent than make a fool out of himself. Strangely, the smooth-talker Dewang seems to have the same idea. Wei smiles to himself. He is not the only one bit intimidated by present company, which is a bit relieving. He thus impatiently waits for the courses to be cleared so they can get down to business.

HI CARRIE

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 am

Dewang glances over at Wenchang. At least there is one person at the table he knows he can trust.

He discreetly tries to catch his friend's eye.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 am

Wenchang looks across and smiles at Dewang. "Yes?"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 am

Dewang curses internally but smiles back. So much for comparing notes on the actions of the other dinner guests.

"Nothing much, I was only thinking of that two-bit sorcerer you captured. Perhaps in the future, I should stay nearby in case you come across another conjuror of cheap tricks!"

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:55 am

"That would be good, I certainly wouldn't refuse help after the trouble I had to go through with the sorcerer. Thank you. Let us hope we are stationed together" Wenchang says warmly.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 am

At Wenchang's words, a weight lifts off Dewang's shoulders. His absence during Wenchang's fight had been weighing on his conscience, and - although he knew Wenchang was kind and generous - he had feared that his friend would be angry.

He moves over, sitting closer to Wenchang.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:04 am

After a brief wait while the officers in attendance see who else is invited the Chief Secretary of Bingzhou arrives from behind a door in the back of the room.

General Lu Bu (Fengxian), also called the Flying General for his stunning skill with cavalry, is a tall and handsome man dressed in rich robes. His cap is of the finest, blue silk and sports a peacock's feather that trails down and follows his every, deliberate movement. Those skilled in the martial arts (or whom simply appreciate men) are impressed with his graceful motions as he walks to the head of the room.

He takes a moment to look at each officer as he passes by and quickly assesses them save for Dewang, on whom his gaze seems to linger.

"Gentlemen," he says in a powerful baritone once he takes his seat, "I have called you here because you are the finest officers in Bingzhou and the Emperor requires your service in a matter most dangerous and glorious. I know you will all accept this duty without complaint so please join me in a meal and a toast to our Glorious Ruler."

He holds out his hand and a beautiful woman of perhaps 30 years, the same as the general, fills his cup with wine. Throughout the room other serving women go to each of the officers to pour their wine and once every bowl is full Lu Bu raises his above his head.

"To the Son of Heaven, may his reign outlast us!"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:13 am

Wenchang smiles and raises his bowl in silent agreement. He eagerly waits for more information about the mission.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:53 am

Dewang is intrigued and slightly disturbed by Lu Bu's gaze, but he too keeps quiet for the time being.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:07 am

When the cheers and such are finished Lu Bu continues.

"The Middle Kingdom is beset on all sides by barbarians and rebels. This is a time of great upheaval and great opportunity for those with the will to face these enemies. Their poisonous intentions infect our cities but the live out in the country. The Governor has given me leave to take a force of valiant men to strike at the rebels and barbarians where they dwell at our edges."

"You are all here because I requires captains to lead them and strategists to ensure our logistics remain sufficient. All who are willing to go forth to fight and die for the Emperor speak now, all others return to your posts."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:41 am

"I would be proud to have helped wipe out the men that would dare rise up against the Emperor, even if it means my death! Would you all not agree with me?"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 am

"Wenchang has said it better than I ever could!" Dewang agrees.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

PreviousNext