[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Kivutar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:49 am

"If you don't mind me as a guest, then I'll accept that invitation," Dewang says.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:53 am

"I can think of a guest no better" he smiles.

They come to Junyou's townhouse, he opens the door and closes it behind them. "Can I tell you a secret?"

Last edited by Cpt._Funkotron on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 am

"Do you take me for a gossip?"

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:00 am

"I take you for a blind fool if you think what I want from you is help with a squad inspection."

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:11 am

Dewang looks at Junyou, confused, for a moment. Then a smile spreads across his face.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:19 am

Junyou knocks the food out of Dewang's arms and pulls him into a firm kiss. Their clothes fall to the floor and they with them in short order.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:32 am

There is barely enough light to see anything, but Dewang eventually manages to find all of his things where they had been dropped. He smoothes out his rumpled robe as best he can.

The streets are emptier than he had expected, with most of the revelers either passed out or thrown out long ago. He finds his way home easily enough.

There are only two hours left before hardworking army officials are supposed to be awake, and Dewang usually manages to be up and about not more than half an hour after that.

He sighs and stretches out on his own bed, trying to catch at least a little sleep while he can.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Dawn comes slowly as it always does in the mountains, especially in the high valley where Hangu overlooks the Wei plains. It is midmorning before the fog burns away completely to reveal a single rider rapidly approaching from the east. The streamers flying from his saddle pole catch are gold and trimmed in red and at that sight the watchman sounds the warning gong and runners sprint to find Colonel Song.

The imperial messenger arrives within mere minutes, his horse lathered and panting from the hard gallop, and it taken immediately to the manor where the Colonel lives. He remains there for less than a quarter hour before he emerges and is given a fresh horse to make the ride as quickly as he can to the provincial capital.

Zibin casually takes this all in from his bench outside the Plum and Cherry where he had been awaiting word from Madam Taozi that she is ready for their late morning appointment. The commotion just down the block means nothing to the Tea House and so the servants go about their duties preparing for the evening to come. Just after the messenger departs the madam's handmaiden comes to fetch Zibin and takes him up the side of the hill to the rear entryway to the compound and across the courtyard from the teahouse proper to the madam's quarters.

Taozi awaits him in her spring solarium and offers him fruit from the orchards and tea from the west.

"What favor does such a handsome official require from this old woman?" she asks as soon as Zibin has been served.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:43 am

That morning, Dewang has to search fairly hard before he finally finds Wenchang.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were avoiding me!" he says, as cheerfully as he can.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:16 am

Zibin wakes up from passing out at the Plum and Cherry. He wipes some blood from his nose. "That dream was so-" He is cut off by the madam's handmaiden invitation. He draws a deep breath to get his mind back on track.

"Right, thank you lovely." He says to the handmaiden, following her. They continue towards the madam's quarters. "Ahhhhh. Now I get it." He quips after spotting the orchard. "You are very good at your job" he says to the handmaiden with lingering eye contact. She is not in the mood for humor or flirting at such an early hour.

Zibin meets the madame.
"Madame Taozi, you don't have to be coy with me. Just by having your company, my favor has already been granted. But, since I intend to enjoy our time together for as long as possible, I could fill the sky with things we could speak on. Consider this conundrum- A courtier deeply wishes for a blessing that a beautiful woman has to give. Should he ask her outright or would a gift lessen the shock? A painting perhaps?"

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 am

"It is not in my nature to avoid someone, like a coward," Wenchang abruptly says. "You were missing all night, this is the first I'm seeing you this morning." He does not display any curiosity, and moves on. "I saw you, Dewang, the way you pushed past to go to Junyou and Zibin at the teahouse. You are of course free to associate with anyone you like, but I feel it is my duty as a friend to caution you against those two, especially Junyou. I feel he is upto no good, and I swear on my ancestors I will find it out.

"Ah, but enough of that, how are you doing?"

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:18 am

Dewang feels somewhat guilty, and he isn't sure which part of the night it is that he feels guilty about.

"I took the opportunity to speak to him about his behaviour towards you. You are a little unjust; he isn't as bad as all that, Wenchang. And he says that he will stop his stupid provocations if you ease off on this constant finding fault with him. I know you don't like the man, but for the sake of this company, would you consider it?"

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:07 pm

Wenchang, taken aback, struggles to control himself. "Likeability doesn't enter the question here! You... you don't really believe that man has completely reformed, do you? I talked to some of the villagers in the surrounding rural areas while on patrol. They complained that some man in green had come and extracted 'protection' tax. But there wasn't much of an evidence to go on, and the next time we met they had forgotten the conversation already, the fools. If that rascal was Junyou, and if he is this determined to earn money, it won't take long for him to find a way to profit from the army as w-" Wenchang cuts himself off suddenly, and stares at Dewang, the quart...ter...mast...ter?

No no, he is being silly. As if! He is better than that! *sigh* Maybe Dewang is right. He is getting too damn paranoid.

Wenchang exhales, and sheepishly smiles. "Ah, forgive me. You know my tendency to never hold anything back. Alright, perhaps I could be mistaken about that affair." After all, Junyou hadn't so much as twitched an eye when he had tried to talk about it ("...engaging in your extracurricular activities, Junyou?") and Wenchang is sure no man could be that remorseless. Must have been bandits after all, the bastards, wearing our colours to confuse the people. Would explain why the trail had gone cold, too.

He looks at Dewang. "I will hold my temper, you have my word. I only hope we are all doing our duty, and nothing more." With a friendly nod, Wenchang walks off to learn of Captain Dang's orders. He wonders what the imperial message was.

Last edited by Ladki96 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:28 pm

With some very mixed feelings, Dewang follows Wenchang. He, too, is curious about this mysterious messenger.

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 pm

The House of Plum and Cherry

"Painting is one of the skills possessed by fine gentlemen," the old madame responds, "so one of the Four Gentlemen would surely be an excellent subject."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

PreviousNext