[Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: [Fate RP] Romance of the Three Kingdoms: CE184

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 am

Junyou is awoken by the warning gong, finding Dewang no longer beside him. He clothes himself in a dressing gown and sends one of his men to go find out what's going on. When he returns and tells him of the messenger, Junyou puts a pouch of coins in his hands and tells him to visit one of his contacts in the governor's palace and bring them to him.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Whatever the messenger said to the Colonel is not shared with his officers so speculation runs rampant. Among the most popular rumors are that Governor Ding is being summoned to the capital to take command of the Imperial Army and the countervailing claim that he is to be relieved of his duties due to his age.

Several days later Junyou receives a messenger bearing a letter from his friend Wang Ding (Boshi) telling him that the governor has been ordered by the Prime Minister to raise an army of 10,000 men to fight the rebels. No one knows yet when they are expected to set out but Chief Secretary Lu Bu is eager to be underway.

"Early volunteers could win great praise from the secretary," Boshi writes.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:15 am

When Junyou finishes reading it, he holds the letter over the candle beside him and burns it.

"Fushi, find my sister, and tell her I want the men armed, sober as can be expected, and assembled near the barracks in two hours."

He begins to write a new letter, in hasty-looking shorthand, addressed to himself. It reads:

Lt. Liang, The Bull has come to our village, resting and provisioning for another strike south. - Kaozhau

"The Bull" is a brigand-captain of some renown in the wildlands of Bingzhou, a contemporary of Junyou's, a known rebel sympathizer, and a thorn in the colonel's side of for nearly half a decade. He is the perfect excuse.

Junyou dons his armor and uniform, conceals the letter securely on his person, assembles his guards, and sets out to find Dewang and Zibing.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:22 am

Dewang is, in fact, working when Junyou finds him. He looks up from some scrolls.

"Ah, Junyou. I am sorry to say that I have a complaint against you."

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:24 am

"That so?"

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:26 am

"Indeed. I believe you owe me a meal; my dinner the other night was quite inedible after being scattered across the floor."

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:36 am

"I should like nothing more than to have you back to feast at my table, to sate you appetite...among other things." He smiles devilishly.

"But I'm afraid our duty calls" He retrieves the letter from his pocket and waves it up without showing its contents. "A contact I trust has sent me the current known location of the bull. I plan to leave by noon. I would like you to accompany my squadron, I don't know how long this errand will take us, but it would make the men easier if we had our quartermaster with us."

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:43 am

"That certainly sounds more interesting than record-keeping in this dull city," Dewang says. "Where are we heading?"

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:02 am

"North, a village called Xiqi. Have you seen Zibin? I plan to pick up a little more muscle there and back, and having the paymaster along would help to that end."

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:37 am

Zibin unfurls his umbrella and places it on his lap. He reveals a brush and a stick of paint. Utilizing his drink provided he combines the three and adeptly paints a single beautiful chrysanthemum over a web of the umbrella.

Zibin points the umbrella at the madame. He's quite pleased with himself. "What do you think, Madame Taozi? A sample of what could be adorning the walls. If a chrysanthemum is not to your tastes I'll take my time and gift to you a painting to your preference."

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Scarik » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:15 am

SandTea wrote: If a chrysanthemum is not to your tastes I'll take my time and gift to you a painting to your preference."

The madame takes a long minute to inspect the painting before she looks over at Zibin.

"A fine gentlman would not leave an old woman with only one of the four flowers. I shall expect the others in the coming days."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm

After Junyou departs, Dewang wastes no time in finding Lt. Wei and telling him about the news of the Bull. He relates Junyou's plan to apprehend him, and finishes off by saying, "And since he intends to recruit more men along the way, and those men must be numbered and equipped, I am accompanying him to make the process more efficient."

Last edited by Kivutar on Sun May 20, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 am

After the meeting Zibin gets an update from his assistant. He goes to find Junyou. "There he is." Zibin says out loud then going to a whisper. "I thought you've already dealt with the bull?" He nudges Junyou. "More importantly I hope the, eh hem, recruits along our route are worth the effort."

SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:19 am

He joins in the whisper "If I had dealt with the bull before now, I wouldn't still be a Lieutenant in the western sticks, my friend." he smiles. He has told no one of his duplicity and does not plan to begin doing so until the opportune moment.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:09 am

"If he is so reputable as to dreamily afford you a promotion surely there'll be some good troops to... interrogate" Zibin realized how loud he was speaking.

Zibin calls his most trusted guard, Long Ming and his fastest runner, Ren Li over. Long Ming is a massive man and a massive cheapskate. He is a bother to Zibin in cases of coin but undeniably a guard of worth. Ren Li is possibly insane, even though he is a fast messenger.

"Long Ming, Ren Li, looks like we don't get this week off guys. So what's the plan Junyou?"

Last edited by SandTea on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext