Make Your Job Sound Scary!

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Make Your Job Sound Scary!

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:39 am

Ewww.

Scary and gross... so, I win then?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 pm

52xMax wrote:I handle drugs to people at all hours of the day. We get mugged frequently, often at gunpoint. Last month the security guard was murdered and left in the trunk of his car.

Am I doing this right?

Well, it sounds like you work as a pharmacy tech and holy shit that's a bit too real.

Uh, everyone mail Max mace.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Absentia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm

I sell a potentially lethal poison to addicts. But only if they're over 21.

And the state pays me to do it!

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:04 pm

My life is utterly empty. It is the void. When you look into the abyss you are looking at my profession. It is boring.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:52 pm

I develop a computer system. The vast majority of people do not remotely understand what it is I do, how I do it, or why I do it this way. It might as well be magic. This particular system is critical to one of the government's flagship policies, and thousands of people depend on it for their day to day lives. This system breaks, or worse, outputs the wrong data, and bad things could happen. Oh, and this system is having to take on load it was never designed to cope with, while doing far more processing than it was ever designed to cope with even under the intended load. The system that will replace it should be well into development but due to budget issues it's only just beginning.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:11 pm

I am the head bitch in charge. I directly control the food supply, which until recently was delivered in mostly liquid form. I have relented and began to allow most food to be consumed in a foul-smelling mush, sometimes accompanied by a small cup of water. Several times a day, I lock my prisoner in a cage. He is monitored at all times. Even when he is in his cage, there is a video camera watching his every move. He screams and cries when I lock him up at first, but I just ignore him and carry on drinking my lemonade (or at night, my wine). I force him into humiliating, dehumanizing outfits and parade him around for everyone to see and laugh at. Every few days, I strip him and force him to bathe while I watch, an activity that he absolutely hates. Every time he finds something fun and interesting to do, I take it away from him. Periodically, I pay someone to jab him with needles. I am the ultimate master of his entire life - what he eats, when he sleeps, where he goes, who he is allowed to interact with.

And that's just for Andy, don't even get me started on the baby.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:33 am

A'ight, Kate just wins this whole thread - that was great!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby mancityfooty » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:58 pm

I work on machines that cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars that I program to cut metal at up to 3000 RPM.
the first thing they do when they get a new machine is to bypass the door interlock switch that would stop it from doing anything if the door was opened during operation.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Previous