Avast! It be a pirate elimination game!

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Avast! It be a pirate elimination game!

Postby 52xMax » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 pm

I thought the whole point of the games was we couldn't choose our roles.

But if that's not the case, I want to be the messenger.

You know, because you're not supposed to kill the messenger.

I mean, we're all honorable pirates, right? It's not like this is Sparta or anything...

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 pm

You'll be assigned roles by PM. Phighter and I are working on it as we speak. Brace yourselves, me hearties...

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:40 pm

If you haven't been PMed a role, please PM either Phighter or myself. Likewise if you have any questions about gameplay. Night is closing in, so for now just get to know one another.

Dusk, on the Good Ship Eyebrows. Of course, the crew of that ship aren’t so terribly good. Some of them lie rum-sodden and snoring amongst bundles of canvas, other engage in half-hearted duels with blunt cutlasses, too drunk to really want to kill each other but stabbing in a desultory way out of habit.

Then a cannon sounds from off the starboard bow! It’s the Gray Stone, a ship captained by that fearsome scourge of the seven seas and Lord Orange Beard’s sworn enemy, Phighthook. Orange Beard’s crew leap to their feet, brandishing their cutlasses. Here, in sight of the pirate town of Tortuga, the appearance of her nemesis means war. On board the Gray Stone, Phighthook looks out over his crew with a smile. With a wave of his left hook, they begin to fire on the Good Ship Eyebrows.

Piercing rounds shake the Good Ship Eyebrows and the crew to their feet. Cannonballs begin to fly as Phighthook shouts out, "Surrender Tortuga!" With the shouting of the word "Never!", Orange Beard commands her ship to open fire. Cannonballs ring out into the night, but the situation isn't solved as the battle rages on into the early hours. Before morning can properly come, both ships are littered with holes and filled with water. They both begin to sink into the ocean as the crews abandon ship. While their ships have been destroyed and their first battle may be a draw, Tortuga will never be the same, as the crews head towards shore. In town, the Commodore, C'aarrpelton, The "Cannoneer", loads his musket and waits.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby Phighter » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:42 pm

We're going to make a new thread, so play there.

Phighter
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: King of Puns

Postby HumpbackWhale » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 am

Why are there always new threads? I swear, you guys are trying to get me lost, aren't you? At least post a link or something, right?

HumpbackWhale
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby julyjack73 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:45 am

HumpbackWhale wrote:Why are there always new threads? I swear, you guys are trying to get me lost, aren't you? At least post a link or something, right?

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1064

He's on to us.

Julyjack, your comment was sunshine from a unicorn's butthole. - Popeshaggy
julyjack73
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Sadly Grew Up

Previous