Western Mafia Sign-up Thread

The Web's foremost Forum Games place. Role Playing Games. Whimsy; here we let encourage you to run around with scissors.
Forum rules
The Web's foremost Forum Games place.

Re: Western Mafia Sign-up Thread

Postby sunglasses » Tue May 30, 2017 1:57 am

She wore a dusty coat that was a few sizes too large and hung poorly on her frame. She smiled broadly and chatted up everyone she came to and said, "Hi, I'm Lavinia Fi-I mean, Hunter. Yes, that's it. Lavinia Hunter.. Nice ta meetcha. I'm from out East but came here to start my life over! And I certainly didn't used to have an inn. No, sir. But I can sling drinks if anyone is looking for barhelp."

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby DjiboutiDan » Tue May 30, 2017 2:33 am

"Three years. Three miserable years"

Perched upon the well-worn stool in the corner was Jeremiah Snead mumbling into his whiskey. He first set foot in Talon's Creek as a man on a mission with a steely gaze and a noticeable vigor. He was on his way to California where his fortune awaited, buried beneath the earth. This was supposed to be a stop on the way, no different from the dozens past, but something went wrong. First he fell in love, then he fell into the bottle.

Every day Jeremiah orders a double whiskey on the rocks and contemplates his past and future. What keeps him here? Fate? Fear? Yes fear of the unknown that lies ahead. What if he fails? Or worse, what if he succeeds? Given a choice, he chose not to choose. But this day would be different. Jeremiah dropped some coins on the bar-top, kicked the dust from his withering hat and pushed his way through the saloon doors. The sun shone bright, the sky a beautiful blue.

"Time takes no prisoners."

There's gold in them thar hills, and by God, he's going to find it.

Carrie wrote:But I suspect Dan will figure it out, because Dan’s apparently magic.
DjiboutiDan
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Bilge Rat

Postby Ladki96 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:49 am

CarrieVS wrote:You're certainly welcome to invent NPC companions for your character, and in past games we've had one or two people play 'collective' characters with two or three individuals, so whatever floats your boat.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby CarrieVS » Tue May 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Sunny, Dan: just to be clear, is that you two signing up?

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue May 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Alden Sneed came to Talon's Creek not to seek his fortune, but for respect. The third son of a wealthy bank owner, he does not need to worry about money, but he is always seeking his father's stingy approval. He hopes to gain this by running a profitable branch of the family bank.

An intellectual, he is not accustomed to getting his hands dirty. While not exactly a coward, he definitely prefers to resolve conflict by talking, not through violence.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby sunglasses » Tue May 30, 2017 7:12 pm

CarrieVS wrote:Sunny, Dan: just to be clear, is that you two signing up?

I am, yes, sorry.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby skooma » Wed May 31, 2017 1:28 am

CarrieVS wrote:
You're certainly welcome to invent NPC companions for your character, and in past games we've had one or two people play 'collective' characters with two or three individuals, so whatever floats your boat. I'd suggest that if they're not part of a single entity in some way, you should probably pick one as your player character and use the other as an NPC, but we can work​ it out.

Games are very tricky and I haven't decided yet. Hmmm... Cocksucker!*

*Total shameless Deadwood ref

ETA yes, am playing, just haven't settled character arrangement, but human Rosie is named Rosie Boxcars, and Rattlesnake Rosie, well who can improve on rattlesnake? May add npc, but mainly these two.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Wed May 31, 2017 1:00 pm

OK I gave up writing a jackie chan inspired chinese character so instead I'm just gonna be
William Windsor, Editor of Cosy Moments, a little journal well known for its shocking exposes on corruption around the maintenance of a group of tenement buildings in New York city. Originally from Wyoming, Billy comes to Talon Creek after a tip-off he got from his old editor that "something was going down and it's going to be big". He jumped at the opportunity to leave the big city and go jump around in the fields and pasteurize cows or whatever it is cowfolk do. One might even consider he was ready to whoop, which his current proprietor, one Ronald Psmith, Esq. expressly and good naturedly told him to get out of his system, for there was work to be done.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Postby Kivutar » Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 pm

A Combustible Lemon wrote:William Windsor, Editor of Cosy Moments, a little journal well known for its shocking exposes on corruption around the maintenance of a group of tenement buildings in New York city. Originally from Wyoming, Billy comes to Talon Creek after a tip-off he got from his old editor that "something was going down and it's going to be big". He jumped at the opportunity to leave the big city and go jump around in the fields and pasteurize cows or whatever it is cowfolk do. One might even consider he was ready to whoop, which his current proprietor, one Ronald Psmith, Esq. expressly and good naturedly told him to get out of his system, for there was work to be done.

I LIKE you.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Ladki96 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:27 pm

and your player's name Kivutar? No hurry, we still have 3 days, but I just thought to tell you, you haven't given us one :P

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Wed May 31, 2017 3:48 pm

She never tells anyone.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby 52xMax » Wed May 31, 2017 11:50 pm

Kivutar wrote:She never tells anyone.

Kivutar wrote:She never tells

Kivutar wrote:She never

Kivutar wrote:She

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:36 pm

*rings a bell*

LAST CALL, everybody, this is your LAST CALL!

You've got roughly 24 hours before we declare sign-ups closed. We have eleven players signed up, plus one more on the reserve list, so the game is going ahead on schedule, but we can take up to seven more players. If you want to play, get your name down ASAP!

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:13 pm

As the Mexican gentleman stepped outside of his shop, he couldn't help but look at his freshly painted sign with pride, "Trustworthy Haberdasher", in bold, honest looking red letters, though regrettably some of the paint had dripped down from the lettering. He stroked the hairs of his comically oversized handlebar mustache as he remembered the hard years of work as a vaquero it took to save up the money for his very own shop, but he'd finally made it.

Things were just about looking up for Joaquin Pablo Tuco Escobar Murrieta Ramirez.

He looked down and patted some dust off his old poncho; he hadn't been in the habit of wearing the garment knitted by his dear old mother since he came to America, but he had spilled some red wine on his white shirt the night before and the rest of his clothes were hanging from a line to dry. He chuckled fondly of the past night's revelries, having been invited to a fancy dress party for the well-to-do of the community. In fact, unbeknownst to Joaquin, he had forgotten to remove the thin cat-burglar mask fastened over his eyes that had formed art of his costume, being so comfortable that he simply hadn't noticed.

He had some paperwork to sort out at the bank, so we went along his merry way, smiling at passers by. Regrettably his upbringing and frugality had given him a less than complete set of teeth, but he hoed that his inner warmth would at least shine through to his goodly neighbors. First impressions are everything after all.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:14 pm

I want to join, but I couldn't think of a character that completely pleased me yet. So yeah, I'm in. Sorry in advance for ruining everything. :(

And stop being so good at this, everyone! You're intimidating me with your fancy-shmancy actual good writing!

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

PreviousNext