TCS Secret Santa

Have fun. Win stuff. Do things.

TCS Secret Santa

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Yes, yes, I know. I'm singing Christmas carols in November and should be shot. However, I want to give people a couple of solid weeks to work on their gifts, and the consensus was that I should therefore post this as soon as possible. I'll make sure to bump it at the start of December, so if you can't face the thought of Christmas just yet, stroll on by.

What is TCS Secret Santa?

You know when you work in an office, and because you are skinflints, rather than buy a present for everyone in the office, you pull a name out of a hat and buy a thing for just that person? And then at the office Christmas party you're given some lavender bath salts someone else got in Secret Santa the previous year and that still have a tombola ticket on them from 1997? It's like that...but AWESOME.

How do I play?

Sign up here. A couple of weeks before Christmas, I will assign each Secret Santa a giftee. The gifts will need to be with me by the deadline of Christmas Eve. I will then distribute all the gifts to their recipients on Christmas Day. To make this easier, it would be ideal if those who sign up would also PM me their email address. If anyone would prefer not to do so, we'll sort out some kind of workaround.

Does this mean I can send a forum-mate severed animal genitals in the post?

No...and why would you ask that? You people make me sick. These will be virtual gifts. Stories, poems, drawings, Photoshop, songs or readings on Soundcloud - you know the drill. Use your imagination. There will be no real-world addresses involved, and the only person who'll have your email address is me.

Will I know who made my gift?

That sort of defeats the object of Secret Santa. Personally I think it's more fun if it's left a mystery, but if anyone really wants to know the identity of their Santa, I'll disclose it if said Santa gives permission.

What if my arms fall off and I can't make a gift after all?

Just let me know as soon as possible. And I'm sorry to hear about your arms.

What if my Santa's arms fall off and I don't get a present?!

Obviously people shouldn't sign up unless they think they're going to be able to follow through, but I will personally make sure that everyone receives a gift. If anyone else would like to volunteer to be on standby to fill in any gaps, that would be appreciated.

Any other rules I should know about?

I would ask everyone who receives a gift to post and acknowledge it. When I played this game on PWoT, a number of people didn't, which left a rather sour taste in my mouth. If you can thank your Great Aunt Mildred for the orange and puce hand-knitted jumper, you can thank your fellow TCSer for their carefully crafted ode to your penis.

Please sign up below, or let me know if there are any questions!

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Re: TCS Secret Santa

Postby gregfrankenstein » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:23 am

This is a sign-up. A joyous, magical sign-up.

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Heightener of Fives

Postby JamishT » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 am

ME!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Overlord Moo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:03 am

I too would like all of your Santas, secret or otherwise.

6:54 Bert: Moo is so cool he wishes he could be someone else just so he could better understand what it is like to live in a world with Overlord Moo in it
9:46:06 PM GG If Moo goes oh my I know it means bad
<Strant> wig+wonderbra+Strant=Deeno
Overlord Moo
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Stolen Thunder

Postby ButtChocolate » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:06 am

Okay, I'll do it, but I've been in these types of situations before and I just hope my Secret Santa doesn't end up being a spambot. Fucking roychopper... ended up making me pay shipping and handling on his gift last year, and kept making dated Saturday Night Live references in the card. He called me an "ignorant slut" (which was somewhat accurate I guess), but for the life of me I have no idea why he thinks my name is Jane.

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby Australia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:20 am

I think we all know arms don't just fall off (unless they've been bitten by a koala). Eric clearly heard about this sacrilegious event and mauled our arms off.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby sunglasses » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:31 am

I'll do it.

What's the money limit, did we set one?

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Count me in.

sunglasses wrote:What's the money limit, did we set one?

Well seeing as it's to be all virtual gifts, I think the expectation is that the only cost will be time.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:49 pm

OK, I'm in. I think I'm going to be able to follow through, it seems pretty easy.

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby DamianaRaven » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:25 pm

CarrieVS wrote:Count me in.

sunglasses wrote:What's the money limit, did we set one?

Well seeing as it's to be all virtual gifts, I think the expectation is that the only cost will be time.

I missed that part, lol.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Australia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Edgar Cabrera wrote:it seems pretty easy.

Like your mum.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby ButtChocolate » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Australia wrote:

Like your mum.

I know the pairing is usually random in these type of things, Orange, but if this isn't a sign that the Christmas Spirit is drawing this pairing together, then I just don't know what to believe in any more...

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby LaoWai » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Well, I guess I'm in. I can always throw something together, if it's just virtual gifts. If nothing else, I've got those pictures of me trying to recreate goatse...Those'd be nice little stocking stuffers.

It's always in the last place you look for it, unless you're the kind of person who keeps looking for it after you've found it.
LaoWai
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 美国的白痴

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Australia wrote:

Like your mum.

Wheee! That dog looks like my doggie!

Wait a sec, WATCH OUT YOUR MOUTH, YOU FUCKING WHIPPERSNAPPER!

Last edited by Edgar Cabrera on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Next